Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.13.16 @ 08:09 PM
    Liked 72 Times in 20 Posts

Last week or so has brought an interesting chain of events -- still no new VH but at least the Brothers learned that Brad's "no news is good news" bullshit won't cut it. However, if we take everything said at face value (granted, a big "if")the picture still is not terribly clear:
    (1) EVH and MA say that their working on the next VH record
    (2) DLR says he and EVH wrote 3 amazing tunes, but no word since July.
    (3) EVH admits that he has cancer, although he is beating it. DLR offers words of encouragement.
    (4) Val says she prefers "Van Roth" and that the band is waiting for the call from DLR.

My thought on this is that either
    (a) VH's next release will be a boxed set of old rarities with a few new tunes. Perhaps a re-master "Blueprint" or mixed unreleased and live chronicle; or
    (b) Perhaps Ed is or was preparing tapes of guitar parts and instrumentals during his cancer treatment and will forward them to Dave to write the lyrics. If I remember correctly, Dave and EVH never sat around together writing songs like Elton John and Bernie Taupin. I remember Dave saying in an interview that he wrote the lyrics to Panama in the back seat of his lowrider while Big Ed drove him around L.A.

In any event, with the media picking up on the story and reiterating the possible reunion, I would be incredibly surprised to see anything other than a DLR-VH reunion.

Of course, it could be worse -- VH could pull a Ratt and have 2 versions of the band on tour this summer.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

exactly! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]