Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 12:19 PM
    Liked 10,892 Times in 5,733 Posts

Premium Member

Default More Cake Capers...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/19/us/who...ffensive-cake/

This gay cake shit is getting out of hand. Is this really the kind if nonsense we need to be clogging our court system with?

I have doubts about the guy's story, but even if it was true he should have just returned the cake and told them he would not be doing business with them in the future.

This bullshit about trying to collect money for "emotional distress" has got to stop. Life's tough sometimes. Learn to deal with it.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:13 PM
    Liked 650 Times in 369 Posts

WF is now counter suing this liar. They have him on camera looking at the cake in the store.
    Cabo x 20
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 10:37 AM
    Liked 6,703 Times in 3,722 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cabomiro View Post
    WF is now counter suing this liar. They have him on camera looking at the cake in the store.
    If that's true then he should be charged in a criminal court.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

5. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:13 PM
    Liked 650 Times in 369 Posts

Cabo x 20
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:04 AM
    Liked 3,116 Times in 1,827 Posts

Premium Member

The culture wars now are truly insane. Like, what purpose does this serve? We are at the point were hurt feelings are being equated with violence. One out of every, what, 10,000, 100,000 bakeries says they prefer not to produce a same-sex wedding cake and that is met with memes about lunch counters where segregation was the law. There are men out there actually raping women, but we're kicking guys out of college for rape even when the woman says she had consensual sex with him. College students are asking to move seats when they find out they are sitting next to someone who disagrees with them because it makes them feel less safe.

It's madness. Now we have a guy who had to have taken the time to make some frosting, dye it the right color, then add these words to the cake and then hold a press conference over it after filming a video he put on YouTube (in his sink, you can see what might be a rag, but also looks like a decorating bag)? What is going on?

It's almost like being a victim is the new, cool, default position for many Americans.

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    The culture wars now are truly insane. Like, what purpose does this serve? We are at the point were hurt feelings are being equated with violence. One out of every, what, 10,000, 100,000 bakeries says they prefer not to produce a same-sex wedding cake and that is met with memes about lunch counters where segregation was the law. There are men out there actually raping women, but we're kicking guys out of college for rape even when the woman says she had consensual sex with him. College students are asking to move seats when they find out they are sitting next to someone who disagrees with them because it makes them feel less safe.

It's madness. Now we have a guy who had to have taken the time to make some frosting, dye it the right color, then add these words to the cake and then hold a press conference over it after filming a video he put on YouTube (in his sink, you can see what might be a rag, but also looks like a decorating bag)? What is going on?

It's almost like being a victim is the new, cool, default position for many Americans.
    It's pathetic, really.

We have some 16 year old girl out here crying "foul" and claiming that two members of the local school board "intimidated" her at a private meeting that they had with her after she organized a walk out at her school to protest teachers leaving for other districts. Her parents are throwing a fit that the two school board members met with her "without their permission."

WTF? If you're old enough to organize and take credit for a student walk out then I think you're old enough to handle a face to face meeting with members of the school board without mommy and daddy holding your fucking hand.

If I had done something like that my parents certainly wouldn't have gone running to the press screaming "foul" because they weren't notified that I was meeting with two members of the school board.

I guess I should've pulled the same bullshit when I was sent to detention. "I'm sorry. I can't go to detention because my parents haven't been notified and there's a strange teacher in there."

Give me a fucking break...

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 1,013 Posts

Premium Member

Welcome to the liberals idea of a great society.
    Last edited by rocknblues81; 04.20.16 at 12:39 PM.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 1,013 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    It's pathetic, really.

We have some 16 year old girl out here crying "foul" and claiming that two members of the local school board "intimidated" her at a private meeting that they had with her after she organized a walk out at her school to protest teachers leaving for other districts. Her parents are throwing a fit that the two school board members met with her "without their permission."

WTF? If you're old enough to organize and take credit for a student walk out then I think you're old enough to handle a face to face meeting with members of the school board without mommy and daddy holding your fucking hand.

If I had done something like that my parents certainly wouldn't have gone running to the press screaming "foul" because they weren't notified that I was meeting with two members of the school board.

I guess I should've pulled the same bullshit when I was sent to detention. "I'm sorry. I can't go to detention because my parents haven't been notified and there's a strange teacher in there."

Give me a fucking break...
    This is now reality:

FUCK... You know you're getting old when you're using the Andy Griffith Show to make points.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

11. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:04 AM
    Liked 3,116 Times in 1,827 Posts

Premium Member

It's funny, I have a friend who, if you bring anything up about taking precautions as a woman regarding rape, I am accused of blaming the victim and the answer is to teach men not to rape. It's like this false binary where you're either only for teaching men not to rape or you are saying getting raped is a woman's fault.

Yeah, men shouldn't rape. Who is against that statement? What I am saying is that people shouldn't break into my house and steal my shit either, but I have a security door and I both lock it and the front door. All I am saying is that, yes, you SHOULD be able to walk home drunk and alone in a seedy neighborhood without getting raped. I SHOULD be able to not have a door lock either. But we take reasonable precautions to try and prevent that stuff.

We can't get anywhere on this stuff if I am "pro-rape" just because I have a different opinion, just like we can't get anywhere if anyone who wants to disassociate with you is committing a crime by making you feel bad.

13. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

05.12.16 @ 06:06 AM
    Liked 468 Times in 372 Posts

We were lied to. Sticks and stones AND words can hurt us.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Motherload View Post
    We were lied to. Sticks and stones AND words can hurt us.
    Maybe you if you're a pussy...

I've been called all sorts of shit in my life due to my small stature. Big fuckin' deal. I got harassed by this dickhead when I was a freshman in high school and this guy was a senior and we had the same elective class.

I didn't go running to the principal or the teacher and I didn't complain to my parents. I told him to fuck off and promptly got into an altercation with him outside of class that ultimately ended up with me sitting on top of a trash can after the shoving and the fisticuffs ended since he was bigger and older than me. Guess what happened after that though? He left me alone the rest of the year. I guess he decided I wasn't the easy target he thought I was and he moved on to someone else.

Life's tough. It's really tough on people who aren't tough.

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Premium Member

It's funny, I have a friend who, if you bring anything up about taking precautions as a woman regarding rape, I am accused of blaming the victim and the answer is to teach men not to rape. It's like this false binary where you're either only for teaching men not to rape or you are saying getting raped is a woman's fault.

Yeah, men shouldn't rape. Who is against that statement? What I am saying is that people shouldn't break into my house and steal my shit either, but I have a security door and I both lock it and the front door. All I am saying is that, yes, you SHOULD be able to walk home drunk and alone in a seedy neighborhood without getting raped. I SHOULD be able to not have a door lock either. But we take reasonable precautions to try and prevent that stuff.

We can't get anywhere on this stuff if I am "pro-rape" just because I have a different opinion, just like we can't get anywhere if anyone who wants to disassociate with you is committing a crime by making you feel bad.
    Funny. I've had this same conversation with my wife whenever there's a story about some drunk chick at CU getting sexually assaulted at 3 in the morning in a dark alley coming home from the bars. Interestingly she sees it the way we do - like it or not there are predators out there and it is your responsibility to make good decisions. One of those decisions is to not walk alone down dark alleys intoxicated at 3AM. It's not "blaming the victim" - and I guess if it is so be it. If I had a daughter I would be hammering this home to her until I was blue in the face. Do not under any circumstances put yourself in that type of situation. Period.

18. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

05.12.16 @ 06:06 AM
    Liked 468 Times in 372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    Maybe you if you're a pussy...

I've been called all sorts of shit in my life due to my small stature. Big fuckin' deal. I got harassed by this dickhead when I was a freshman in high school and this guy was a senior and we had the same elective class.

I didn't go running to the principal or the teacher and I didn't complain to my parents. I told him to fuck off and promptly got into an altercation with him outside of class that ultimately ended up with me sitting on top of a trash can after the shoving and the fisticuffs ended since he was bigger and older than me. Guess what happened after that though? He left me alone the rest of the year. I guess he decided I wasn't the easy target he thought I was and he moved on to someone else.

Life's tough. It's really tough on people who aren't tough.
    I was kidding, but how ironic that I say the same thing about people who whine about me on this forum...maybe you if you're a pussy...

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

As long as it didn't say "Ashley" on it.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 12:49 PM
    Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default More Cake Capers...

Oops.
    Last edited by Ted Van Halen; 04.20.16 at 02:01 PM.
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford