Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Since we have not heard from the BAND Van Halen in some time, isn't it about time for our bi-annual state of the address from Ed? The last we heard it was the FORE! announcement on his site.

I am not by any means hammering the band, its members, or its webmaster. But nothing has been said from the camp (other than Mikey on this tour and he really has eluded to nothing). Something has to break.
    DDLR WEBMASTER<br /><a href="http://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">www.diamonddavidleeroth.com</a><br /><br />Also check out <a href="http://www.rayluzier.com" target="_blank">www.rayluzier.com</a> for all DLR BAND updates

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by SpanishFly Guy:
    Since we have not heard from the BAND Van Halen in some time, isn't it about time for our bi-annual state of the address from Ed? The last we heard it was the FORE! announcement on his site.

I am not by any means hammering the band, its members, or its webmaster. But nothing has been said from the camp (other than Mikey on this tour and he really has eluded to nothing). Something has to break.
    The only thing that will be breaking is the continuous chipping away at our balls. And yes you are by every means hammering the band so save us all from the brown ring smootching. And Fuck the webmaster and the "Band" for keeping all the fans in the dark for more than 3 years now.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm actually gonna go out of my way and stick up for van halen right now.. Hell, i might be the only one here.. Let's go over a couple things.. In 95 eddie decides to become clean.. Now alcholism is a hard thing to kick, especially when you are abusing it for many of years. Then, you have sammy, who is drinking margarita's in front of eddie, and on top of that eddie owns a bar.. I mean the only recovering alcholic that owned a bar was sam malone on cheers, and that was a piece of fiction. Then you have eddie wanting to play some old stuff, because the tours are pretty much always the same.. Drama begins, cause sammy thought he was all passed that. Now you add ray daniels to the equation.. Eddie was probably medicated for lots of things at the time when he was trying to stay sober, i'm guessing maybe even anxiety, and depression.. Which in return can change ones personality, as well as someone's thoughts. Now, a little before sammy got kicked out (quit), eddie found out about the cancer, and had a slip.. Hell, you find about cancer, of course your gonna slip.. Eddie denied that at the end of the balance tour that he slipped, but then quickly changed the story to. "well, if i had a slip, thats when it would of happened." Ok, you have that. And also you have a strain on the marriage.. Eddie is trying to beat alchol, and his only salvation is to smoke.. He can't drink, so he wants to atleast smoke.. Well, now he has the cancer to deal with, and i'm sure his brother was there for him as well. Yea, they are bandmates, but let us not forget they are brothers as well.. Then you have valarie second guessing their relationship. There is probably lack of romance, lack of something being normal.. Eddie was probably goint through withdrawls, and she had to live through all this.. Hell, she lived with alcholism for years, and now she is dealing with cancer, and his battle to beat smoking and drinking.. Something tells me that he may have slipped again, with all of these things he has went through.. Getting dropped from the label, loosing fans, and not being on the ball anymore. This can take a toll on someone.. Now, i wanna get back to van halen 3. Alot of people, say this was eddie's project.. If you listen to some of the lyrics in some of the songs, its almost a concept cd.. I'm not saying by any means, that its a good cd.. I'm saying a lot of songs may have deeper meanings, of course they try to throw some rock tunes in the mix.. But listen closely to the cd, and i kinda think, eddie is letting out what he is going through on that cd.. Now moving forward again.. Obviously eddie has had some time off, some time to get healthy, slowly working to getting himself back in the limelight (guitar adds, playing with mountain), and maybe he is finally ready to make music. Now this is the question i ask of you. Would you have rather seen a sickly eddie van halen on stage, a fat sammy, or dave suffering cause he wasen't used to performing in front of large crowds in awhile.. Or would you have loved to see a healthy eddie van halen, mike without the mullet lol, alex kickin' ass behind the drums without the neck brace, sammy with lost weight, and his hair grown back.. Or dave with improved vocals, and improved stage routines... I would have to pick number two.. They really have to wait for everyone to be healthy, and ready to rock.. And i think that is what all the waiting is for.. If its simply a fuck you, were enjoying our cash, we don't need the fans, so we will just leave you hanging on remasters and box sets.. Well, they can fuck off.. But, i'm gonna stick up for the band here, and say we will get something, when they are really ready.. If they really wanted us to just sit around and be pissed. Why would eddie update us on his health, why would he even bother having a website up.. Of course he isn't gonna report what the band is gonna plan on doing yet, till its final, because he doesn't wanna piss people off more than they are already.. Hell, look at asshole axl rose.. He was supposed to come out with a cd like, how many years ago??? And promised to tour all these dates last year, and then all of a sudden they were cancelled, cause they were "sick".. And then at the awards, he had said "well, it takes a lot of time to replace what you had." So, here is a guy that looks like a joke.. Yea, i know, the new guns n roses will prob sell a lot of tickets, but it will be the last time he tours.. Once people here those songs, and how much axl kills them with his new band, forget it, people are not gonna want to see that again.. That, and have you seen the ticket prices he is trying to charge people?!?! And he is a brave brave man for booking areans.. Anyways, i think van halen doesn't wanna look any worse than they did when they decided to choose a third vocalist, so i think they are really seeing what is gonna work, and making sure that they are ready... Ok i'm done.. lol

~Matt
    "And my loves got no rain check baby!"-DLR

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

11.15.17 @ 03:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think you make some good points, mattjw01. And to be truthful with you, that's the way I would like to look at it. But, I think that the huge gap between the nuggets of "official" news we actually receive is beginning to wear on people. Scratch that, it's been wearing on people for some time now. As a courtesy to their fans, Van Halen should do a better job of keeping their fans in the loop--especially if they want those same fans to support their next effort.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

VAN HALEN
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

05.06.13 @ 08:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think its time for Van Halen.com to throw us a bigger bone to chew on for awhile.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    All I can really add to this one is I cant for the life of me figure out what the hell the bros. are doing ? I mean, unless its illness, what are Ed and Al doing ?

I dont know when that website (van-halen.com) will ever be of use to us. It continues to be a mystery.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by Rubnose:
    And yes you are by every means hammering the band so save us all from the brown ring smootching. And Fuck the webmaster and the "Band" for keeping all the fans in the dark for more than 3 years now.[/QB]
    It is obvious that you misread what I originally posted, sorry about that. I in no way or form wanted to make an attempt @ flaming on Brad, the website, or the band.
    DDLR WEBMASTER<br /><a href="http://www.diamonddavidleeroth.com" target="_blank">www.diamonddavidleeroth.com</a><br /><br />Also check out <a href="http://www.rayluzier.com" target="_blank">www.rayluzier.com</a> for all DLR BAND updates

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:19 AM
    Liked 529 Times in 317 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I agree, it's time. And, Matt, dude, ENTER key, ENTER key!!! Need some of them things called paragraphs!

I actually was just thinking about this in the thread that matt started about some Irving Plaza comments from Sam and Mike. There are new developments out there, namely Mike and Sam being so vocal about a reunion. Ed has addressed the Dave reunion issue a bit, in the golf mag in particular, but we have NOTHING from Ed about Sammy since, what, 1996? Only the comment to someone here that he wouldn't show up for the Sam and Dave show after both guys left the band, which actually doesn't sound too promising as far as what can be read into that statement.

I've tried to be respectful, and understanding, of the silence. I've agreed that, without any progress made, the silence has been wise. I would not have liked to see the failed reunion attempt(s) with Dave after 1996 officially publicized, since it would give fans too much hope, which would have ended up false hope. But, this is different.

I personally think there is a lot more rope we'd give them to try a Sammy reunion. With Dave, reunion talk would get/has gotten everyone fired up, and, especially after 1996, the backlash would be/has been too much if/when it failed. But, I don't see that with Sam. If they announced an attempt at a reconciliation with Sam, and it failed, I just don't see the vicious backlash like they've gotten from 1996 (or even 1985) to today. Maybe it's because there isn't as much passion about the Sam version of the band, which certainly isn't GOOD, but is probably reality. And, it can work in their favor right now. I would be very unhappy if they tried and it didn't work out, but I wouldn't be as pissed as the Roth fans seem to continue to be that their reunion hasn't worked.

Bottom line, it's time for Ed to let us know what's up. Will he or won't he try to mend the fences with Sam? Or, what's the hold up to making that decision? I would think even a simple "personal life fucked up, not making any decisions" would be fine. I wouldn't like it, but I'd respect it.

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it Later
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the holdup here could be even more personal than we all know about. Ed's divorce is out there and so was his health issue. Mike is out there jammin' and having fun. I think it all lies with Alex...............not a word, sighting, NOTHING!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's why the band owes us:

(Normally, they don't owe us information.)

But here are some facts:

Ed states he's cancer free, MANY MANY months ago. He states in a GOLF magazine that he's got 3 albums worth of material and is ready to go. He stated at the 2001 NAMM that he was ready to tour test the new Wolfgang.

Val (pre-splitsville) said that Ed was waiting for Dave to call. (No, I'm not saying this means it should be Dave, (though it should ) or that it WILL or is likely to be Dave. Just that at the time, Ed was apparently ready for a vocalist, whoever it may have been.)

Well, now, I can totally understand someone not giving out information because they're dealing with personal shit. Just keep silent. But when you say, "I'm ready to test the new guitar on tour," "I have albums waiting to go," "I'm cured," and so on, I'm not exactly going to assume that REALLY, you have personal problems to deal with.

At this point, either come clean or at least say, "There are still personal issues I need to deal with." Either one. But nothing, at this point, not really acceptable.

Favorite VH Album

All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

All of 'em
    Last Online

07.17.17 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

There will be no good news this year. Just like last year, the year before, the year before that one, and the year before that one, etc, etc, etc. How do I know? Geez, we should all know from past experience.

One more thing, is there any way that the use carriage returns be enforced on this board?
    You can lead a horse to water, but that still won't make him a duck!