Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

02.11.20 @ 06:31 AM
    Liked 1,657 Times in 889 Posts

I think I am more Batman'ed out than I am zombie'd out. And zombies have been done to death!

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

03.29.20 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 809 Times in 517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TJENZ View Post
    I prefer they take time to get it right, rather than rush crap out to hit a particular release date.
    We don't need a repeat of the Schumacher disasters.

Prediction: Affleck's The Batman is a cut-above in both story, visuals and all-around cool factor than BvS, Suicide Squad and JL...COMBINED.

If he directs it I see it being almost on par with the Nolan films. Why? Because he's not the Joel Schumacher of our era AKA Zack Snyder.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

03.30.20 @ 05:13 AM
    Liked 28,459 Times in 14,401 Posts

Not saying this to be shitty, but has Zack Snyder ever made what would be considered a great movie?
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

03.30.20 @ 05:12 AM
    Liked 20,444 Times in 11,775 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post
    Prediction: Affleck's The Batman is a cut-above in both story, visuals and all-around cool factor than BvS, Suicide Squad and JL...COMBINED.

If he directs it I see it being almost on par with the Nolan films. Why? Because he's not the Joel Schumacher of our era AKA Zack Snyder.
    I disagree. It won't be anywhere near the Nolan films simply because Affleck is too much of a fanboy. That pic they released of him in the suit with the goggles was an eye roll moment
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Last Online

03.28.20 @ 05:02 PM
    Liked 1,469 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Not saying this to be shitty, but has Zack Snyder ever made what would be considered a great movie?
    A lot of people seem to like 300.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am looking forward to the next Batman movie!

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

03.30.20 @ 05:20 AM
    Liked 12,097 Times in 6,716 Posts

Premium Member

Chevy Just Built A Full-Size Batmobile Out Of Lego Bricks

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2017/1/1...ricks-7737372/

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!!
    Last Online

03.28.20 @ 05:02 PM
    Liked 1,469 Times in 889 Posts

That batmobile is pretty amazing.

My daughter and I spend about 3 hours on this yesterday. So far all we've got done is the batmobile and about 75% of the tallest section.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Ben Affleck Will Not Direct THE BATMAN 
    Author: Bill "Jett" Ramey
    Date: January 30, 2017 

SH*T!

OK, I kinda-sorta was warning y’all that THIS WAS COMING.

Per VARIETY.COM, Ben Affleck will not be directing THE BATMAN. Here’s his statement…

“There are certain characters who hold a special place in the hearts of millions. Performing this role demands focus, passion and the very best performance I can give. It has become clear that I cannot do both jobs to the level they require. Together with the studio, I have decided to find a partner in a director who will collaborate with me on this massive film. I am still in this, and we are making it, but we are currently looking for a director. I remain extremely committed to this project, and look forward to bringing this to life for fans around the world.”

Dammit! For me, personally, this SUCKS. Ben Affleck has been my #1 dude to take over the solo Batman film series – even before Christopher Nolan was done with it. I’m not going to lie; this makes me very sad and, quite frankly, very worried about this project. Mr. Affleck producing, writing, and starring in it is all fine and dandy, but it was “Director Ben Affleck” that was the most appealing thing about THE BATMAN.

I've been told for quite a while that the script for THE BATMAN, was, um, not up to par, if you will. I, in my "BOF Way," hinted about all of this, but was dismissed. Check ot this podcast.

Sources say this decision was solely made based on what’s best for the project and had nothing to do with the recent disappointment of Affleck’s recent directing job “Live by Night.”

Frankly, I challenge any fan or outlet to try to spin this as a positive. This is yet another indication that there’s a bit of turmoil within the DCEU which, well, sucks as well.

Batman fans, demand better Batman on film and stop sticking your heads in the DCEU sand.

http://www.batman-on-film.com/batman...t_1-30-17.html

He needs to just get out altogether. Of course "Live By Night" flopping to the tune of 76 million had a lot to do with this. It is another indicator that Affleck is not the draw they thought he would be. His performance as Batman was not earth shaking and killing the Justice League sequel before the first one is even out tells you WB knows it. According to BOF , the word is that "Justice League" is a mess.

Say goodbye , Ben.

-BB68

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

03.30.20 @ 05:20 AM
    Liked 12,097 Times in 6,716 Posts

Premium Member

DC can't even get their comic books right. How the fuck do they ever expect the form a movie universe with just a hint of consistency.

Face it. The comic book movie fad is long in the tooth and DC/WB fumbled big time.

I don't even consider Nolan's trilogy part of that universe, since absolutely nothing else was ever connected to or came out of them.

Good luck with whatever Superman is next. With the fuck up of the New 52 and then the return of classic Superman from another Earth that doesn't exist anymore... his entire history has been left twisting in the wind.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

05.08.19 @ 09:10 AM
    Liked 4,223 Times in 2,233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    A lot of people like 300.

Personally I think Watchmen is a great movie. It's tied for my favorite comic book movie with a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    DC can't even get their comic books right. How the fuck do they ever expect the form a movie universe with just a hint of consistency.

Face it. The comic book movie fad is long in the tooth and DC/WB fumbled big time.

I don't even consider Nolan's trilogy part of that universe, since absolutely nothing else was ever connected to or came out of them.

Good luck with whatever Superman is next. With the fuck up of the New 52 and then the return of classic Superman from another Earth that doesn't exist anymore... his entire history has been left twisting in the wind.
    I wouldn't go that far. People have been predicting the end for comic book movies since at least 2005.

But just last year we had two CB movies that were loved by critics and fans alike (Deadpool and Civil War). And 4 of the top 10 grossers were comic book films last year. Dr Strange was #13. Kinda seems like it's going strong.

There could be some great news for the Batman movie. Matt Reeves is supposedly on WB's short list to direct. I think he is fantastic....my favorite current director.

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-batman-...t-matt-reeves/

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

03.30.20 @ 02:17 AM
    Liked 1,823 Times in 1,213 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpospoke View Post
    There could be some great news for the Batman movie. Matt Reeves is supposedly on WB's short list to direct. I think he is fantastic....my favorite current director.

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-batman-...t-matt-reeves/
    Looks like he got it.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/batman-...022249388.html
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

05.08.19 @ 09:10 AM
    Liked 4,223 Times in 2,233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood P. View Post
    That's awesome!

The best part is that Reeves will turn down offers to direct if he doesn't feel he will be allowed to put his vision on film. Check this out:

Instead of starting in the human post apocalypses I thought we should start in the dawning of ape civilization and a take on “2001: A Space Odyssey”—the dawn of intelligent apes and to be in their world. We could create this whole drama about co-existence—the one moment in time where the humans and apes could have found a way to exist together and we know that doesn’t work out. But why doesn’t it work out? How can this be a story about character? I pitched that to them and to my shock they said yes. I didn’t have a reason to say no.

You weren’t going to do their version.

No. I’m always looking for a reason to say no when I’m approached about a big studio tentpole because your fear is will you be consumed into the anonymous machine and it will suck out any specificity and point of view that you might hope to express. To my surprise, they were not looking for that. They were looking for a point of view and I was very lucky that they embraced mine. And that they supported my making this movie.

---------------

Rian Johnson’s doing “Star Wars,” Gareth Edwards made “Godzilla,” you got to make an uncompromised and dark “Planet Of The Apes” film. Do you feel a return to filmmaker-based big-budget movies rather than studio-driven ones?

Maybe to some degree, yeah. I turned down a lot of studio tentpole offers including ones from Fox. But I loved what they did with ‘Rise,’ so I was really open to it because and they specifically reached out in the spirit of looking for a filmmaker. It’s actually what they said they wanted and actually meant it too.

Despite a couple key collaborations Fox had with say, James Cameron, they weren’t necessarily known of wanting to work with filmmakers on these kinds of big movies and that seemed to be a big part of their approach on this film. I kept waiting for the moment when they would say no and they didn’t. We certainly had our debates about things—that happens no matter where or what you do. But they let me make this movie which is incredible.

Do you see the business changing at all?

Well, certainly Chris Nolan did that with the Batman films, they were hugely successful. But at the end of the day success is the driver and if they make a number of these filmmaker-based films and they fail miserably then it probably won’t be the order of the day. It always comes down to the same thing. The studios… it’s a business and always has been, and it has to work. In my experience they loved the idea of doing something that both fulfills the summer tentpole spectacle, but also has some ambition and if that works then they’re going to go that route. And if it doesn’t work then of course they won’t.

Change will come first and foremost from audiences. If they connect to it, great. If they don’t connect to it, then wherever audiences go, that’s where the studios are going to chase.
    http://www.indiewire.com/2014/07/int...ostHeaderPanel

So if Reeves got the job, that suggests that WB is backing off from over-managing things.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

03.30.20 @ 02:17 AM
    Liked 1,823 Times in 1,213 Posts

Premium Member

Looks like a good hire. It was too much on Affleck's plate, so to speak. I'm probably in the minority, but I really dug his Batman, think he was awesome. (and I am no Affleck fan, wasn't anyway) Problem was with the some of the storyline/plot.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Rawhide in "A"

Tom Brady hates tomatoes

19. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Ben Affleck Will Not Direct THE BATMAN 
    Author: Bill "Jett" Ramey
    Date: January 30, 2017 

SH*T!

OK, I kinda-sorta was warning y’all that THIS WAS COMING.

Per VARIETY.COM, Ben Affleck will not be directing THE BATMAN. Here’s his statement…

“There are certain characters who hold a special place in the hearts of millions. Performing this role demands focus, passion and the very best performance I can give. It has become clear that I cannot do both jobs to the level they require. Together with the studio, I have decided to find a partner in a director who will collaborate with me on this massive film. I am still in this, and we are making it, but we are currently looking for a director. I remain extremely committed to this project, and look forward to bringing this to life for fans around the world.”

Dammit! For me, personally, this SUCKS. Ben Affleck has been my #1 dude to take over the solo Batman film series – even before Christopher Nolan was done with it. I’m not going to lie; this makes me very sad and, quite frankly, very worried about this project. Mr. Affleck producing, writing, and starring in it is all fine and dandy, but it was “Director Ben Affleck” that was the most appealing thing about THE BATMAN.

I've been told for quite a while that the script for THE BATMAN, was, um, not up to par, if you will. I, in my "BOF Way," hinted about all of this, but was dismissed. Check ot this podcast.

Sources say this decision was solely made based on what’s best for the project and had nothing to do with the recent disappointment of Affleck’s recent directing job “Live by Night.”

Frankly, I challenge any fan or outlet to try to spin this as a positive. This is yet another indication that there’s a bit of turmoil within the DCEU which, well, sucks as well.

Batman fans, demand better Batman on film and stop sticking your heads in the DCEU sand.

http://www.batman-on-film.com/batman...t_1-30-17.html

He needs to just get out altogether. Of course "Live By Night" flopping to the tune of 76 million had a lot to do with this. It is another indicator that Affleck is not the draw they thought he would be. His performance as Batman was not earth shaking and killing the Justice League sequel before the first one is even out tells you WB knows it. According to BOF , the word is that "Justice League" is a mess.

Say goodbye , Ben.

-BB68

But the elephant (or is it a bat?) in the room is Ben Affleck. Will he remain on board as Batman? All “official” reports (i.e. what the studio is saying to the trades) is that Mr. Affleck is game to stay on and reprise his role of Batman. However, there are strong and persistent whispers that Mr. Affleck will leave the project. In fact, BOF was told that a door for that to happen will be opened via Mr. Reeves’ take on the film.

http://batman-on-film.bmobilized.com...s_2-11-17.html

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

03.29.20 @ 11:17 PM
    Liked 26,138 Times in 14,883 Posts

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"