Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last Online

05.12.16 @ 06:06 AM
    Liked 468 Times in 372 Posts

Default Obama - Trump And Cruz Have Done Us A Favor

Damn right. Republicans will lose BECAUSE of them.

President Barack Obama said Donald Trump and Ted Cruz "have done us a favor" at Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee fundraising dinner in San Francisco on Friday night.

Obama was speaking about the Republican-controlled House and Senate when he first mentioned the two leading GOP presidential candidates.

"This notion that Donald Trump or Ted Cruz are outliers and that now suddenly the Republican establishment wants to ... they're embarrassed by them," Obama said, according to a White House transcript. "Why? They're saying the same things that these members of the Freedom Caucus in the House have been saying for years."

"In fact, that's where Trump got it," he continued.

Obama said Trump was simply listening to positions of Republican members of Congress on immigration, national security, taxes, and programs such as Medicaid and Medicare.

"He'd been paying attention, and he said, 'You know what, I can deliver this message with more flair — with more panache,'" the president quipped.

Trump, the GOP frontrunner, and Cruz, a Texas senator nipping at his heels for the nomination, have done the Democrats a big favor because they both "stripped away any veneer" that the Republican Party is about "responsible governance," Obama said. He added that those have been the "central tenets" of many Republicans in Congress during both his presidency and previous White House administrations.

He then called out Trump's plan to build a massive border wall along the US-Mexico border and Cruz's talk of increasing police surveillance on US neighborhoods with large Muslim populations, although he made a point of saying that a substantial number of Republicans are "embarrassed by it."

The presence of Trump or Cruz at the top of the ticket provides a special opportunity for Democrats running for House and Senate seats, he said.

Obama continued:

If we are successful, not only can we advance the causes that so many of you have fought for and devoted your time and effort and energy and money to, not only do we have a chance to pass immigration reform and pass early-childhood education, and rebuild our infrastructure, and invest in science and research and development that has been at the heart of the dynamism in our economy — not only do we have a chance to do all those things, but I actually genuinely believe it gives an opportunity for Republicans to step back and reflect on where it is that they're going.

He concluded his speech by noting the importance of the election and that he will still be making his stances known after he's out of office.

"In 10 months, I will no longer be president of the United States," he said. "But in 10 months, I will — contrary to Mr. Trump's opinion — still be a citizen of the United States. And I've said this before, quoting Justice [Louis] Brandeis, the most important office in a democracy is the office of citizen."

Obama has increasingly made a point of calling out Trump and Cruz in recent weeks after spending the initial months of the primary season mostly quiet on the rise of the party's frontrunners. On Tuesday, he called Trump's newly released strategy to make Mexico pay for a giant wall along the border a "half-baked" plan.

"Good luck with that," Obama said sarcastically of the plan to block remittance payments from the US to Mexico. He later called Cruz's stance on immigration "just as draconian" in the news conference.

Earlier this month, Obama critiqued Trump's foreign policy in another press conference, this one coming at the conclusion of the Nuclear Security Summit, which was attended by various world leaders in Washington, DC. Those remarks came shortly after the Manhattan billionaire told The New York Times that he would be open to a nuclear-capable Japan and South Korea in exchange for an ease in security commitments for the US.

Those comments "tell us that the person who made the statements doesn't know much about foreign policy or nuclear policy or the Korean Peninsula or the world, generally," Obama said during that news conference.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obama-...181658807.html

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:33 PM
    Liked 18,185 Times in 8,988 Posts

I don't like Presidents doing this, never have, never will, no matter the party.

He should keep his yap shut about it, he's the POTUS, not head of the DNC.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:05 PM
    Liked 2,390 Times in 1,492 Posts

Premium Member

Reality TV show from the oval office.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I don't like Presidents doing this, never have, never will, no matter the party.

Even as President - how can you not laugh at the Republican party among Democrats. It's not like he went on TV to address the nation with a speech that mocks Trump and Cruz, although that would be awesome TV.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Motherload View Post
    Even as President - how can you not laugh at the Republican party among Democrats. It's not like he went on TV to address the nation with a speech that mocks Trump and Cruz, although that would be awesome TV.
    My whole point. He's not a Democrat anymore. He's the President of the United States, not the leader of the DNC. And yes, I would have said the exact same thing if GW made some kind of snarky comment about Hillary and Obama in 2008.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

Last Online

My whole point. He's not a Democrat anymore. He's the President of the United States, not the leader of the DNC. And yes, I would have said the exact same thing if GW made some kind of snarky comment about Hillary and Obama in 2008.
    Isn't the point that he IS President Of The United States and such a position allows him to say whatever the fuck he wants?

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:29 PM
    Liked 1,487 Times in 1,016 Posts

Premium Member

Blaze Poll: Obama Proposes ‘Mandatory Voting’ — What Do You Think?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...-do-you-think/

I despise him and his tranny wife.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:46 PM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

Part of me doesn't mind it. Part of me doesn't want people voting who don't care.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Premium Member

The Democrats version of being a Republican is to.... Well, be just like them!

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Part of me doesn't mind it. Part of me doesn't want people voting who don't care.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    I would purposely be less "invested" just to spite such a law.

Honestly, just the very idea shows you how tyrannical our politicians are getting.

Really, it's just another power grab. It doesn't have anything to do with anything else.

It's just another way of government saying: WE OWN YOU AND YOU WILL DO WHAT WE SAY.

You know, land of the free and all of that.

Sorry, there just isn't any legit argument for such a thing.

It's just a grab for more power.
    Last edited by rocknblues81; 04.10.16 at 05:52 PM.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Premium Member

Isn't the point that he IS President Of The United States and such a position allows him to say whatever the fuck he wants?
    It's not like people respect the position anymore anyway.

Hell, I wouldn't even meet the fucker if I had the chance.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:31 PM
    Liked 3,118 Times in 1,829 Posts

Premium Member

Not that I am for voter ID, but presenting an ID is too burdensome but forcing people to vote isn't?

This is one of those steps that can happen when people don't objectively care about rights, just what suits them. Voting is a right. Compulsory voting is an obligation. But in a world where, "I know it's a right, but curbing it is for the greater good," taking rights away is totally cool.

Either way, compulsory voting in our system means that the two parties are even less inclined to give us candidates we prefer. Plus, what kind of idiotic things do you have to say to get the people who don't want to vote to vote for you when they have to?

Last Online

I really need to get them sunglasses.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

With that kind of logic, you would think President Trump would be ideal, because all he does is say whatever the fuck he wants.

No, I think the President of the United States should above all have respect for the process, and should not interfere with it in any way whatsoever.

But, I personally don't think the President should be fund-raising or stumping for individual candidates either. I believe the POTUS should be above it. Outside of running for his or her own re-election, they should be above the fray in this regard.

Just my opinion, I know you don't share it, but I like Presidents to be...well, Presidential, not carpet baggers stumping for other candidates just because they have the "right" initial next to their name.

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    It's not like people respect the position anymore anyway.

Hell, I wouldn't even meet the fucker if I had the chance.
    He's not evil, you do know that right?

He just has a different viewpoint on certain issues.

17. The Following Member Likes This Post: