Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 307077787980
Results 1,186 to 1,193 of 1193
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 01:42 PM
    Liked 1,627 Times in 686 Posts

These are the types of subjects that you will probably never get someone to change their point of view on. I am not going to argue with anybody about something so personal. That said, I will offer my thoughts on abortion...

To start with, when my mom (RIP) became pregnant with me in 1972, she was in her late 30s. Her doctors urged her to have an abortion due to her "age". They tried to tell her that I would have severe birth defects and it may possibly even kill her to carry me. Glad she didn't listen to them.

Having dated many women post-divorce (2008), I can honestly say that women I have dated who had abortions ALL seem to regret it deeply and never got over that "choice". And the "choice" was made by the guys they were dating who didn't want the children. I haven't come across one woman who said "yeah I didn't want the baby so I had an abortion". It was always the guy who forced the issue.

Lastly, it is bizarre to me that in 2019, this is still an issue. We are an intelligent species. Birth control is extremely affordable. I never wanted children and have managed to get to 46 years old without EVER impregnating anybody. I'm not a Rockstar, but I have slept with at least 20 women since my divorce. Knowing that the only thing that could derail me financially was child support, I made damn sure never to leave anything to chance. Excluding the rape/incest situations - all other unwanted pregnancies could be avoided with a little bit of common sense.

Carry on....

~E

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 01:47 PM
    Liked 16,933 Times in 9,575 Posts

Premium Member

Republican Gov. Signs Extreme Abortion-Till-Birth Bill Into Law

Vermont Gov. Phil Scott, a Republican, signed an extreme pro-abortion bill into law on Monday, permitting abortions to be performed up until the moment of birth in the state for any reason whatsoever.

The legislation, H.57, includes zero abortion restrictions. The unborn, who have detectable beating hearts at around six-weeks gestation and can feel pain as early as 20 weeks, can be legally killed at any time during a woman’s pregnancy for any reason at all. Notably, young girls of any age will not be required to seek parental consent before having an abortion.

"Like many Vermonters, I have consistently supported a woman’s right to choose," Scott said in a statement, reported by The Hill. “This legislation affirms what is already allowable in Vermont – protecting reproductive rights and ensuring those decisions remain between a woman and her health care provider.”

Gov. Scott added that he “appreciate[s] the respectful tone and civility from all sides throughout this discussion."

“This bill proposes to recognize as a fundamental right the freedom of reproductive choice and to prohibit public entities from interfering with or restricting the right of an individual to terminate the individual’s pregnancy,” H.57 reads.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/48315...-prestigiacomo
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Bill O'Reilly: Bill's Weekly Column - Life as We Know It

June 10, 2019

When it comes to the subject of abortion there is far too much talking, and not nearly enough thinking. Terminating a fetus is a life-death decision that should be treated with grave concern for both the mother and the developing fetus which contains human DNA upon conception.

There are scientific facts involved with taking life from a mother’s womb and destroying it. The most important fact is that no human being can know with certainty when life actually begins. Christian doctrine says that upon conception, a soul enters the human cell mass and therefore it is human, a creation of God.

Those who justify abortion reject that belief and embrace a variety of other standards for defining a human being. But there is no exact scientific definition here, that is a fact.

One can have an opinion but is that enough to terminate a life that will enter the world after nine months? Christians and others say no. Secularists say no problem (aborting a fetus).

Doctors in America are apparently siding with the life movement. According to the Guttmacher Institute, which studies abortion in the USA, only seven percent of Obstetricians and Gynecologists will perform abortions.

However, you will not hear that statistic much from the American media which has succeeded in framing the abortion-life debate as good versus evil. But, incredibly, the evil is on the pro-life side.

If you oppose abortion you are a denier of female equality, a misogynist. If you don’t subscribe to unfettered abortion you are violating “reproductive rights.”

Recently, Georgia, Alabama, and some other states passed new laws placing limits on aborting fetuses. In response, the CEO of the Disney Corporation, Robert Iger, threatened to deny Georgia all Disney film business. For this, Iger is being celebrated as a hero in Hollywood.

In New York, where there once were limits on abortion, now there are none. The Roman Catholic Governor, Andrew Cuomo, championed a new law that says abortion can take place at any time for any reason up until birth.

Mr. Cuomo describes himself as a practicing Catholic but acknowledges his enthusiasm for the very liberal abortion law puts him at odds with his faith. If there is a judgment day, that should be a very interesting discussion that Andrew Cuomo might have.

The Bishop of Springfield, Illinois is already denying the sacraments to politicians in his state who did what Governor Cuomo did.

Former Vice President Joe Biden, now running for president, is also caught up in the abortion war. For 43 years, Biden supported the Hyde Amendment which bans the use of federal money for abortions outside of rape, incest, and permanent damage to the mother’s physical health.

The thinking behind the Hyde law is that the federal government cannot force Americans who oppose abortion on moral grounds to pay for it through their tax dollars. That seems to be fair, that is if you believe in freedom of religion.

But suddenly Joe doesn’t think it’s fair. That’s because the far left, which is driving the Democratic Party, has villainized every pro-life position including the Hyde Amendment. So Joe is scared. He’s also a Catholic.

A humane society should be able to limit abortion while protecting mothers in dangerous circumstances. Abortion should not be a political issue, used to demonize. Yes, American women have rights. But so, too, do developing cells that will shortly become human beings.

If you deny that last statement, you might be accused of playing God. You don’t know and I don’t know when a human being becomes a human being. So shouldn’t we all respect and promote life?

That’s what human rights are all about.

Or am I wrong?

https://www.billoreilly.com/b/Life-a...blogdetail.jsp
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Rhode Island Legalizes Abortion Up Until Birth

10:13 AM 06/20/2019

The governor of Rhode Island signed a bill Wednesday protecting abortion access within the state and repealing pro-life laws.

Rhode Island Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo signed the bill, HB 5125, after it passed through the House and Senate, calling it an “important, consequential bill,” according to The Associated Press. The bill passed the Senate 21 to 17 and passed the House 45 to 29.

“Fundamentally this bill is about health care,” Raimondo said, according to the publication. “It’s about protecting and providing access to health care for all the women of Rhode Island.”

The Reproductive Privacy Act says that Rhode Island will not restrict a mother’s right to obtain an abortion before the baby is able to survive outside of the womb. The bill also says Rhode Island will allow abortions after fetal viability if the mother’s health is at risk, effectively allowing abortion up until birth.

The bill also repeals several chapters of Rhode Island General Laws on abortion that charge doctors with murder and jail time for inducing miscarriages and declare dying admissions of women who die during abortion procedures to be used as evidence in homicides.

Lawmakers intend for the bill to protect abortion access in the event that Roe v. Wade is overturned, the AP reported.

Rhode Island Catholic Bishop Thomas Tobin reacted to the news in a tweet, saying that it is “a very dark day in the history of our state.”

“The passage of the pro-abortion law in R.I. is profoundly disappointing, a very dark day in the history of our state,” Tobin said. “But … to the pro-life community, sincere appreciation! Your witness to the dignity of human life has been powerful, peaceful and prayerful. God is pleased!”

“And don’t be discouraged by this very temporary set-back,” Tobin added. “We will continue to oppose the prevailing culture of death in our society and faithfully and joyfully proclaim the goodness and beauty of life! God bless you!”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/20/r...land-abortion/

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 11:33 AM
    Liked 12,941 Times in 7,018 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Rhode Island Legalizes Abortion Up Until Birth

10:13 AM 06/20/2019

The governor of Rhode Island signed a bill Wednesday protecting abortion access within the state and repealing pro-life laws.

Rhode Island Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo signed the bill, HB 5125, after it passed through the House and Senate, calling it an “important, consequential bill,” according to The Associated Press. The bill passed the Senate 21 to 17 and passed the House 45 to 29.

“Fundamentally this bill is about health care,” Raimondo said, according to the publication. “It’s about protecting and providing access to health care for all the women of Rhode Island.”

The Reproductive Privacy Act says that Rhode Island will not restrict a mother’s right to obtain an abortion before the baby is able to survive outside of the womb. The bill also says Rhode Island will allow abortions after fetal viability if the mother’s health is at risk, effectively allowing abortion up until birth.

The bill also repeals several chapters of Rhode Island General Laws on abortion that charge doctors with murder and jail time for inducing miscarriages and declare dying admissions of women who die during abortion procedures to be used as evidence in homicides.

Lawmakers intend for the bill to protect abortion access in the event that Roe v. Wade is overturned, the AP reported.

Rhode Island Catholic Bishop Thomas Tobin reacted to the news in a tweet, saying that it is “a very dark day in the history of our state.”

“The passage of the pro-abortion law in R.I. is profoundly disappointing, a very dark day in the history of our state,” Tobin said. “But … to the pro-life community, sincere appreciation! Your witness to the dignity of human life has been powerful, peaceful and prayerful. God is pleased!”

“And don’t be discouraged by this very temporary set-back,” Tobin added. “We will continue to oppose the prevailing culture of death in our society and faithfully and joyfully proclaim the goodness and beauty of life! God bless you!”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/20/r...land-abortion/
    Fucking disgusting and evil. Democrats should be ashamed of themselves.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 01:54 PM
    Liked 992 Times in 616 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Fucking disgusting and evil. Democrats should be ashamed of themselves.
    But...but children in cages being ripped from mommy's arms! Concentration camps!
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 11:33 AM
    Liked 12,941 Times in 7,018 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheresOnlyOneWay View Post
    But...but children in cages being ripped from mommy's arms! Concentration camps!
    I guess its perfectly fine to rip a baby from Mommy's womb...Democrats will probably start handing out medals for that.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Thumbs up

Appeals court lifts injunctions on family planning rules, in win for Trump administration

Bill Mears 1 hour ago

The Trump administration’s new family planning rules banning federally-funded family planning clinics from discussing abortion with patients can go into effect after a federal appeals court on Thursday lifted nationwide injunctions imposed by lower courts.

The new policy, announced last year, would withdraw federal Title X funding from any medical facility that provides abortions, as well as abortion counseling or abortion referrals.

The 9th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals -- which previously upheld separate nationwide injunctions on a range of Trump administration policies, including on immigration -- issued the order Thursday, giving a major victory to the Trump administration.

“We are pleased that the Ninth Circuit has cleared the way for this important executive branch action to take effect while our appeals are pending,” Justice Department spokeswoman Kelly Laco said. “The Department of Justice’s position is supported by long-standing Supreme Court precedent and we are confident we will ultimately prevail on appeal.”

Planned Parenthood was among the groups opposing the new rules. The policy has been derided as a "gag rule" by Planned Parenthood.

“This is a devastating blow to the 4 million patients who obtain birth control, cancer screenings, and other essential care through Title X,” the organization tweeted.

Democrats, including those running for president, also lashed out over the ruling.

“The Trump administration's Title X gag rule will deny access to basic reproductive health care for millions of people. I call that a violation of human rights,” New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate, tweeted. “We will fight back.”

Planned Parenthood’s clinics are major recipients of grants for family planning and basic preventive care. During the 2016 election, President Trump campaigned on defunding the organization.

Known as Title X, the nation's family planning program serves about four million women a year through clinics, at a cost to taxpayers of about $260 million.

An administration official said the proposal is based on, though is not identical to, a Reagan-era rule.

The policy was rescinded under President Bill Clinton, and a new rule went into effect that allowed "nondirective" counseling to include a range of options for women.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/app...administration

9. The Following Member Likes This Post: