Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

Hmmm...don\'t have one
    Last Online

01.11.08 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok, who all has gotten this piece of shit? I just got it from someone that I know, but of course they didn't send it. I know Unchained Wolfie has had the problem (people thought he sent it), so who else has had it sent using their email addy? How does this virus do that? Anyone know. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I work for a major ISP in Niagara Canada. Users in Niagara have been overwhelmed with this bastard "worm". I myself, have been getting a dozen or so a day! Scan with a good AV scanner and make sure your Virus definitions file are up to date!

One of it's more scary "features" is it's ability to select a random file or document from your hard drive, then mass email it to the recipients in your Outlook Address book. In one such case, where a fella was looking for a new job, the "Sircam Worm" sent a copy of his cover letter that was intended for his future employer, to his current boss. He got fired the next day. [img]smilies/scared.gif[/img]

Anyhow, here some useful information, protect yourselves, this one is all over the net right now!

Sircam Worm
    The Sircam Worm (W32.Sircam.Worm@mm) threat has been upgraded, be on HIGH ALERT. If you receive this email message, DO NOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENT! This worm arrives as an email message with the following content:

The subject of the email will be random, and will be the same as the file name of the email attachment.

The attachment is a file taken from the sender's computer and will have the extension .bat, .com, .lnk or .pif added to it.

The message body will be semi-random, but will always contain one of the following two lines (either English or Spanish) as the first and last sentences of the message.
    First line: Hi! How are you?
    Last line: See you later. Thanks

Between these two lines, some of the following text may appear: "I send you this file in order to have your advice", "I hope you can help me with this file that I send", "I hope you like the file that I sendo you", "This is the file with the information that you ask for".

If you believe you may already have been infected, removal instructions and a free removal tool are available from the Symantec AntiVirus Research Center Website.

Removal instructions:
    Free removal tool:
    Symantec AntiVirus Research Center Website:

[ August 03, 2001 at 09:01 PM: Message edited by: I'LL WAIT ]
    <i>"The great controversy will be ended, and the Mighty Van Halen shall reign forever. Amen."</i>

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 07:22 AM
    Liked 133 Times in 86 Posts

I haven't got any e-mails like that thankfully. This topic is more suited to Non-Music, i'm moving it there.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!