Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 100
  1. #1
    Banned! Motherload's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.24.16
    Posts
    4,644
    Last Online

    05.12.16 @ 06:06 AM
    Likes
    28
    Liked 468 Times in 372 Posts

    Default Van Hagar Songs As Good As Anything On The First 6 Albums

    Van Hagar as good as anything from the first 6 Van Halen albums:

    Good Enough
    Why Can't This Be Love
    Dreams
    Summer Nights
    Best Of Both Worlds
    5150
    Mine All Mine
    When It's Love
    AFU
    Cabo Wabo
    Poundcake
    Right Now
    Seventh Seal
    Don't Tell Me
    Not Enough
    Take Me Back
    Aftershock
    Feelin'
    Crossing Over
    Humans Being

    Which Van Hagar songs do you think are as good as anything from the first 6. Be it the whole song or Eddie's performance or whatever rating factor you want to use.

    Keep in mind the changing music style that Eddie wanted Van Halen to go into, so please no - Van Halen rocks and Van Hagar is soccer mom music kind of talk. Van Halen would still be more commercial keyboard drenched rock with Roth in the band beyond 1984.
    Last edited by Motherload; 03.05.16 at 06:15 PM.

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk Dave's Dreidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.10.05
    Age
    47
    Location
    Kate Upton's Closet
    Posts
    37,855
    Favorite VH Album

    Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

    The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 09:35 AM
    Likes
    3,498
    Liked 18,102 Times in 8,944 Posts

    Default

    5150
    Dreams
    Mine All Mine
    Poundcake
    Judgement Day
    Top of the World
    Seventh Seal
    Aftershock
    Humans Being
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

    Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

    David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

    Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

    Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

    DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

  3. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  4. #3
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    10.16.15
    Posts
    35
    Last Online

    08.04.17 @ 06:55 AM
    Likes
    7
    Liked 23 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    5150
    Get Up
    Summer Nights
    Dreams
    Top of World
    Dream is Over
    Black and Blue
    Cabo Wabo
    Source of Infection
    Mine all Mine
    Amsterdam
    Baluchitherium
    Seventh Seal
    Judgement Day

  5. #4
    Good Enough Pacfanweb's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.04.02
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    1,873
    Favorite VH Album

    ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Outta Space
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 04:46 PM
    Likes
    35
    Liked 559 Times in 303 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    There's a lot of them. I love the first 6 albums, prefer the Roth stuff but love the Sammy stuff, too.

    But let's not act like all the Roth material was great or even good. It wasn't.

    A lot of the filler songs that were NEVER popular, even among the most hardcore VH fans, were given a second look by many of us as the years went on and Dave faded out and then Sam was fired and VH slipped into the void of "inactive bands".
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

  6. #5
    Good Enough DRFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.04.15
    Posts
    1,777
    Favorite VH Album

    1
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm the One
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 06:56 AM
    Likes
    900
    Liked 1,943 Times in 913 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacfanweb View Post
    There's a lot of them. I love the first 6 albums, prefer the Roth stuff but love the Sammy stuff, too.

    But let's not act like all the Roth material was great or even good. It wasn't.

    A lot of the filler songs that were NEVER popular, even among the most hardcore VH fans, were given a second look by many of us as the years went on and Dave faded out and then Sam was fired and VH slipped into the void of "inactive bands".
    Filler CVH not being popular is not a knock.

  7. #6
    Banned! Motherload's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.24.16
    Posts
    4,644
    Last Online

    05.12.16 @ 06:06 AM
    Likes
    28
    Liked 468 Times in 372 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRFC View Post
    Translation: I'm under 40 years old.
    Are you suggesting that there is no filler in the Roth years? Or that Diver Down as a whole album isn't mediocre as hell. I know Dave die hards that admit that Diver Down probably shouldn't have been released. Whatever is good on it, should have been added to a better album.

  8. #7
    Sinner's Swing! Jesus H Christ's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.20.07
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,884
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

    Outta Love Again
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 08:43 AM
    Likes
    902
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

    Default

    5150
    Pleasure Dome
    FWYS
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

  9. #8
    Eruption
    Join Date
    11.05.14
    Posts
    1,394
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 09:14 AM
    Likes
    938
    Liked 1,852 Times in 810 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Motherload View Post
    Are you suggesting that there is no filler in the Roth years? Or that Diver Down as a whole album isn't mediocre as hell. I know Dave die hards that admit that Diver Down probably shouldn't have been released. Whatever is good on it, should have been added to a better album.
    DD is mediocre, but you started this thread to start shit. But I'll play along. There are Hagar songs that deserve respect and don't get it. Hagar songs that I think are as good as the 6pack
    Dreams
    Summer Night
    BOBW
    5150
    Mine all Mine
    Runaround
    7th Seal
    Aftershock
    Humans Being


    Signaled from my ballsack

  10. #9
    Banned! Motherload's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.24.16
    Posts
    4,644
    Last Online

    05.12.16 @ 06:06 AM
    Likes
    28
    Liked 468 Times in 372 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Streets View Post
    DD is mediocre, but you started this thread to start shit. But I'll play along. There are Hagar songs that deserve respect and don't get it. Hagar songs that I think are as good as the 6pack
    Dreams
    Summer Night
    BOBW
    5150
    Mine all Mine
    Runaround
    7th Seal
    Aftershock
    Humans Being


    Signaled from my ballsack
    How am I starting shit? Not everything is a Roth conspiracy. Obviously I am not the only one that thinks that Van Hagar era has songs that are as good as anything from the first 6 albums, so let's discuss that.

  11. #10
    Eruption
    Join Date
    11.05.14
    Posts
    1,394
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 09:14 AM
    Likes
    938
    Liked 1,852 Times in 810 Posts

    Default Van Hagar Songs As Good As Anything On The First 6 Albums

    Quote Originally Posted by Motherload View Post
    How am I starting shit? Not everything is a Roth conspiracy. Obviously I am not the only one that thinks that Van Hagar era has songs that are as good as anything from the first 6 albums, so let's discuss that.
    That's fair, I'm not saying it's a Roth conspiracy. But you know what this thread is going to start, that's why you created it. I mean it was like the third or fourth post down where a guy, who claims to be a CVH fan says that the Roth stuff wasn't good. But I guess Rock world domination isn't good.
    Yes, Sammy deserves mad respect, and there are songs they did that would fit in the 6 pack great, that's the way to approach it.


    Signaled from my ballsack

  12. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  13. #11
    Eruption
    Join Date
    11.05.14
    Posts
    1,394
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 09:14 AM
    Likes
    938
    Liked 1,852 Times in 810 Posts

    Default Van Hagar Songs As Good As Anything On The First 6 Albums

    Double post

  14. #12
    Banned! Motherload's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.24.16
    Posts
    4,644
    Last Online

    05.12.16 @ 06:06 AM
    Likes
    28
    Liked 468 Times in 372 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Streets View Post
    That's fair, I'm not saying it's a Roth conspiracy. But you know what this thread is going to start, that's why you created it. I mean it was like the third or fourth post down where a guy, who claims to be a CVH fan says that the Roth stuff wasn't good. But I guess Rock world domination isn't good.
    Yes, Sammy deserves mad respect, and there are songs they did that would fit in the 6 pack great, that's the way to approach it.


    Signaled from my ballsack
    So we should all walk on eggshells when it comes to posting threads - because it might "start" something among the fragile members here? It's something that I want to talk about and I am clearly not the only one.

    As I said in another thread:

    Obviously Van Halen fans come in all shapes and sizes, so if one wants to shit all over Dave or shit all over Sammy - what's the problem? If one only wants to talk about the Dave era or the Sammy era - what's the problem?

    If it's too much for you handle, then stay out of the thread. There is no reason to get butthurt because your favorite era of the band has been besmirched by others.

    We are 40+ year old men and women - shut the fuck up and stop whining like a pussy. Let people talk about what they want to talk about - there is no agenda or conspiracy here against Dave or Sammy.

    We all get it - some people here think Dave fucking sucks. And some people here think Sammy ruined Van Halen. Just don't take it personally.

  15. #13
    Baluchitherium noise next door's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.03.03
    Posts
    4,334
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 09:33 AM
    Likes
    436
    Liked 2,272 Times in 1,165 Posts

    Default

    To my ears, only 3 can truly stand beside stuff like Romeo, LUTS, GGB, etc:

    GOOD ENOUGH
    THE DREAM IS OVER
    AMSTERDAM

  16. #14
    Eruption
    Join Date
    11.05.14
    Posts
    1,394
    Last Online

    12.12.17 @ 09:14 AM
    Likes
    938
    Liked 1,852 Times in 810 Posts

    Default

    Well except your agenda has clearly been anti Dave, and you love to start the drama


    Signaled from my ballsack

  17. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  18. #15
    Banned! Motherload's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.24.16
    Posts
    4,644
    Last Online

    05.12.16 @ 06:06 AM
    Likes
    28
    Liked 468 Times in 372 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Streets View Post
    Well except your agenda has clearly been anti Dave, and you love to start the drama


    Signaled from my ballsack
    I am a Van Halen fan that prefers to talk about the Sammy era.

    Read this again very closely.

    If it's too much for you handle, then stay out of the thread. There is no reason to get butthurt because your favorite era of the band has been besmirched by others.

    We are 40+ year old men and women - shut the fuck up and stop whining like a pussy. Let people talk about what they want to talk about - there is no agenda or conspiracy here against Dave or Sammy.

    We all get it - some people here think Dave fucking sucks. And some people here think Sammy ruined Van Halen. Just don't take it personally.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Terrible Songs on Great Albums
    By Wickett in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03.06.16, 05:38 PM
  2. Your top 20 Sammy Hagar albums
    By FredSavage in forum The Red Rocker
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03.14.13, 07:39 PM
  3. Rank the Hagar Albums
    By Glenn in forum VH Songs/Albums/Videos
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 11.10.06, 05:28 PM
  4. What 5 Albums Can You Listen To Without Skipping Any Songs?
    By T.RYAN in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 04.28.02, 09:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •