Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Last Online

05.23.17 @ 11:53 AM
    Liked 137 Times in 67 Posts

Default Chances of a Hagar reunion and state of the band?

I haven't been following too much with this forum. I read Hagar's comments though. What do you think the chances are? Anyone really in the know? Also what do you think of the state of the band? Pluses/minuses to a possible reunion with Hagar and Anthony etc.

I thought Dave was better than a lot of his critics. He was inconsistant and some definate awkward moments but overall we got a record and a live record that I thought were really entertaining and got quite a bit of play from me. I also saw them in concert and it was a real thrill. Dave is that original sound. Just something he brings to the band that Sammy doesn't. It's different. Sammy has his own style and is in better physical condition as far as his voice even at his age. I don't think he ever smoked which is probably the reason and takes better care of himself.

I'd really like to see Hagar and Anthony come back. We got to see Dave. I would have liked to see what the band could have done with more time with Dave too though. I hope we get one or the other. I've seen Sammy with VH several times. I've only seen Dave once. I don't care either way. I just hope Eddie wants to keep making music and touring really with either of these guys.

I'm not a Sammy or Dave guy though. I like them both equally for different reasons. I think the band was awesome with both. Cherone not so much. I don't want another singer unless it's something really good. LL Cool J doesn't cut it. I'm a big fan of extreme and LL as well but not with VH just a bad mix. Eddie and Alex could do instrumentals and different projects and maybe hit somewhere, but honestly VH fans have been tortured enough with what could have been or what it could have sounded like. It's either Dave or Sammy for me.
    Last edited by JudgementDay; 03.04.16 at 04:46 PM.

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:57 PM
    Liked 544 Times in 277 Posts

Chances of a Sammy reunion? Slim and none.
    State of the band? Great! They will be back out with DLR in 2018 (and i still think there is new music coming out in 2018). For a band in the twilight of their career, I think the state of this band is great.

4. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

05.12.16 @ 06:06 AM
    Liked 468 Times in 372 Posts

It's going to happen. I am amazed at the people who are convinced it won't happen or more likely don't want it to happen.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:08 AM
    Liked 6,691 Times in 3,711 Posts

a year ago i would have rated the chances at zero. I still don't think it's likely but i would not be at all surprised if it happened at this point. As minor as it seemed, the twitter exchange between Ed and Sam might have been the thing that pushed this thing into happening. You gotta believe neither of those guys want that fucking trainwreck of a tour in 2004 to the be the last of the Van Hagar era.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    a year ago i would have rated the chances at zero. I still don't think it's likely but i would not be at all surprised if it happened at this point. As minor as it seemed, the twitter exchange between Ed and Sam might have been the thing that pushed this thing into happening. You gotta believe neither of those guys want that fucking trainwreck of a tour in 2004 to the be the last of the Van Hagar era.
    My show in '04, (OKC) was my first concert with my then 11yr old son. For that reason alone, I will always have fond memories of it.

If Edward and Sam want a do over, I would certainly be in attendance for it. If it's Dave from here on out, I'm ok with that too.

State of the band? Hiatus for 2016 I would imagine.

Then....
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:07 AM
    Liked 1,609 Times in 991 Posts

Donor

Odds are, this year and next, Edward will be assisting Wolfgang in launching his solo career. That's the likely state of Van Halen.

Still wondering if D-Ro and Vai are gonna give the EEAS thing a shot for the 30th anniversary.

Last Online

What are Eddie and Alex and even Wolf even doing right now? I haven't heard anything. I guess they just like their privacy. It's more about Dave and Sammy in the media promoting different stuff. I don't sense any real anomosity. More just some maybe disapointment from Dave although I think he should be proud with what he accomplished. It was a lot of fun seeing the band practicing and bringing out old tunes and we did get a record, a live record and several tours. I want more new music. It's all quiet now from the VH camp. I liked seeing Wolf in the band too. I liked all of it and think the band accomplished quite a bit. Eddie got sober etc. I liked the tremonti record as well. Even some of the cherone stuff was good. Josaphena, Fire in the hole and That's why I love you are some of my favorites from that era. Eddie was really having issues with his drinking then though and Gary just really didn't fit.
    Last edited by JudgementDay; 03.04.16 at 06:23 PM.

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 726 Times in 343 Posts

I'm not saying it will never happen, but I don't believe it's anything to get excited about at this point. I don't believe anything is currently in the works or being discussed. Many are speculating there will be a reunion or tour coming soon. I just don't see it. I don't think Van Halen is working on anything at the moment, with Dave or with Sammy.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

12. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

Dave's song just sounds like he's happy with what he did but he just doesn't want to do it anymore or right now. Maybe Sammy does though. Quittin while you are ahead ain't quitting and I'm quittin. Just sounds like he doesn't want to do it anymore. Sammy sounds opportunistic but just doesn't know what to say or not to say or do himself. Sammy didn't even sound like he necessarily wants to reconnect he just doesn't want to be bitter anymore.
    Last edited by JudgementDay; 03.04.16 at 06:31 PM.

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 6,839 Times in 3,579 Posts

Premium Member

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:09 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

To be honest, I don't see Sammy coming back to VH at all.
    But....as we know with VH, ANYTHING can happen.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

18. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 07:31 AM
    Liked 7,856 Times in 4,588 Posts

Premium Member

I think the chances are pretty good.

In a sick and twisted way...I think Ed likes the fact, that he has two singers who will jump right back in without a moment's hesitation.

Van Halen is and has been a revolving door. It's cyclical. And guess what?

The fans eat it up. The fans will always be there no matter what.

20. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 378 Times in 224 Posts

First I find this topic suspect. If you didn't put as much into the original post I'd say you were just trying to stir up shit.

I don't know how to post this tweet from Wolgang. But if Dave is out why tweet this? Because he's not. So stop.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WolfVanHa...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

22. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:08 AM
    Liked 4,803 Times in 2,451 Posts

Premium Member

I would say slim to none that they do a reunion. I do think they will reach out to each other maybe in the next year or two to patch things up personally.

Eddie will be very interested in Wolf's solo album I think that is going to tie up his time being a proud poppa. Maybe Sammy catches a show and Eddie is there?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:02 AM
    Liked 1,606 Times in 743 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Still wondering if D-Ro and Vai are gonna give the EEAS thing a shot for the 30th anniversary.
    I cant see the EEAS thing being anymore than one or two gigs. I've read and seen a few recent Vai interview and he plans on being out on tour for quite a while promoting his owns stuff, mainly the 26th anniversary of Passion & Warfare. Billy Sheenhan will be busy with Winery Dogs too, so yeah, cant see it being more than a couple shows... I just hope they film it.
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

25. The Following 2 Members Like This Post: