Register
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

09.04.12 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was at the bookstore today and decided to pick up Dave's book. Hell, it was only 7 bucks in paperback. I took it to the checkout counter and there was this bookworm-looking lady checking me out. I figure she either thinks I'm one of them "trouble-makin'" kids or she has no clue what I'm buying. Instead the lady says, "Hell of a book man. Did you see Dave on the cover of Spin?" I said "yeah, funny as hell". She then told me she actually saw them in their club days back in California. She was like 5 feet from Eddie and wondering how the hell nobody had signed this guy because he was so damn talented. Anyway, seems to me like everybody is starting to "re-notice" Dave again.
    I'm also wondering if Warner Bros is behind Dave being on the cover of Spin, being subtly in commercials, etc. here lately. It would be smart on their part to get him back in the spotlight to promote a new album. If they aren't, it wouldn't be a bad idea to throw a little $$$ at some major publications to include Dave or VH in some articles or on the covers of their mags. Even if it does have Dave in his undies.
    I'm also wondering, and this might be a Sherman kinda thing, if they have ANY songs done yet. I'm cool with taking a long time to do the album, makes sense to me. I'm not one of these people, and you know who you are, who need an announcement that Dave is back RIGHT NOW. I could give 2 shits about that because it isn't even needed. It would be the equivalent of announcing that OJ killed his wife and Ron Goldman. Even though it isn't official, its obvious. I was just curious as to how the whole thing was being done (being a newbie to the recording process). I didn't know if they just write em all then record them, or write em one at a time and record them or what. Anyway I'm tired of typing, I go study now.

"Fuck you, knee, I have Motrin" ---DLR

------------------
    I want a girl who knows what she's doing, because after this bottle's empty, I won't!!! - Michael Anthony

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 08:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I remember when I bought Crazy From the Heat (the book), the lady working at the bookstore looked at me like I was some kind of freak. I got the same look yesterday from a different clerk when I bought the Spin magazine with Dave on the cover.

For the record, I think that FUCK is the only album VH has ever done where they recorded the songs one at a time. They finished one before they started on the next one.

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

makes you wonder if the VH/WB machine is putting Dave out there for reaction, or...
    Dave is a smart man, does he throw himself out there hoping that when and if it happens, we will all be primed and ready for the circus.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Finally bought my very own copy of CFTH about two weeks ago (picked it up at the library several times before that, believe it or not). Here's the kicker - hardcover for 4.99. Talk about a freakin' steal.

------------------

"Kissing my ass won't do anything but give you bad breath." -sherman

*gulp* - Down In Flames

"Come on FORD, tellus how you really feel." - Said by virtually every member of VHLinks at one time or another.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Josephina
    Last Online

05.25.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I bought mine back in like October '97 or '98. Whenever "The Best" came out, because I bought that with it. Awesome, awesome book. I've read it easily over 10 times, no lie. I used to bring it to school and read it and my buds would be like "WTF? Again?!?!" I affectionately call it "The Bible". LOL

------------------
    "The thing that inspires me the most is my bottle of Jack Daniels. It's my best friend in the world. Ol' Jack will never let you down. He's always there when you need him" - Nikki Sixx, Hit Parader magazine 1986

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's funny 'cause I was readin' it again yesterday for the umpteenth time. It really is an entertaining read. When Dave first announced the book, I think alot of people thought it would all be Van Halen (ED, AL and Mike) bashin'. In reality very little of the book focused on this. In fact, in his typical Dave way, he was quiet complimentary to them at times: Like Ed being pissed that Dave was takin' centre stage durin' the '96 debacle. If people think Ed's a backup guitar player, then "I'm the singer' for Up With People" Great quote!

------------------
    Alright You Sinners, Swing!