Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Default High school teacher forced to resign after student steals nude photos of her

So she had nude photos of herself on her phone at school and a student got a hold of the phone and copies the pics, then distributed them to students. She was forced to resign and the superintendent of schools say she will be investigated for contributing to the delinquency of a minor, but no charges have been filed against the student.

Ok, it was dumb of her not to have the phone locked, but to say that she may have contributed to the delinquency of a minor for having something STOLEN from her is quite a stretch.

but her reaction is a little weird

http://wspa.com/2016/02/29/nude-pic-...says-district/
    A Union County High school teacher has resigned after a student stole personal pictures off her cell phone.

Leigh Anne Arthur says one of her students took the pictures while she was out of the classroom and distributed it to other students.

Arthur has been a teacher in Union county for over 13 years, but that came to an end two weeks ago.

“He opened up my gallery for my pictures and he found inappropriate pictures of myself and he took pictures from his cell phone of that and then he told the whole class that he would send them to whoever wanted them,” says Arthur.

Arthur says the student warned her that something bad was coming.

“The student who actually took my phone and took pictures turned around and told me your day of reckoning is coming,” says Arthur.

Superintendent David Eubanks says the school has concern that Arthur could be contributing to the delinquency of a a minor.

Arthur said this wasn’t her fault and that she did not knowingly leave her cell phone sitting on her desk knowing that those pictures were on there.

She says even though her privacy was invaded by the student, the school district still wanted her to resign from her teaching position, which she did the following week.

“The whole premise of my privacy being invaded his being ignored and that’s what’s wrong,” said Arthur.

She says according to school district policy, the student should have been expelled, but to her knowledge, has not happened yet.

Arthur has one last message for the student who did this: “I forgive you. It don’t make it anymore right. But what’s done is done and I hope you learned your lesson. And I hope that you learned from this mistake and I hope that you have a wife one day that you treat like gold and you won’t want this to ever happen to her.”

Arthur says parents and students are signing a petition to have her teach again, and the amount of support has been overwhelming.

Arthur says she plans on pressing charges against the student next week.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:17 AM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,721 Posts

Having her change schools wouldn't be the worst idea. Having her resign is pretty strange.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:38 PM
    Liked 546 Times in 327 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

This is a tough one.

First, we don't know any history or context. Was she a pain in the ass that they were just looking for an excuse on?

Second, she used INCREDIBLY poor judgement leaving her non-password protected phone out on the desk. OF COURSE some kid was going to rifle through it. My wife not only PW protects her phone, she turned the banners off for texts, etc. so that someone looking at her phone couldn't see a text come in.

And even worse, she had shit on the non-pw protected phone that was damaging.

I don't know - do we want someone with that level of stupidity teaching, when it comes down to it?

If I'm the school I go after the kid hard as well, but they might be worried that the kid has an action against them, and are just letting it go.

Sucks to be a school administrator having to deal with this bullshit. Stupidity all around...

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 10,886 Times in 5,729 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by jrk5150 View Post
    This is a tough one.

First, we don't know any history or context. Was she a pain in the ass that they were just looking for an excuse on?

Second, she used INCREDIBLY poor judgement leaving her non-password protected phone out on the desk. OF COURSE some kid was going to rifle through it. My wife not only PW protects her phone, she turned the banners off for texts, etc. so that someone looking at her phone couldn't see a text come in.

And even worse, she had shit on the non-pw protected phone that was damaging.

I don't know - do we want someone with that level of stupidity teaching, when it comes down to it?

If I'm the school I go after the kid hard as well, but they might be worried that the kid has an action against them, and are just letting it go.

Sucks to be a school administrator having to deal with this bullshit. Stupidity all around...
    They're both dumb-asses, but one is an adult and one is a juvenile. So I put a higher onus on the adult to behave like one. Especially someone who is charged with educating our youth.

You're a fucking teacher. Don't have nude photos of yourself on your phone and don't leave it sitting where a kid can rifle through it. This is just common sense. Why do you have nude photos of yourself on your phone anyway? I don't. My wife doesn't. Actually, I'm pretty sure that no one I know does either. There's really no reason for it unless you're pulling an Anthony Weiner and sending them to people.

Now, to the kid. Juvenile or not, that is theft. You have no right to grab someone's phone and distribute pictures on it to others without the owner's consent. It is no different than if you went into her unlocked house and took them out of a drawer and copied them. This kid should be treated accordingly.

I agree with It's Mike, she can't go back to that school, but I don't think she should completely lose her job either.
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

5. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 3,116 Times in 1,827 Posts

Premium Member

The bigger problem is that they are thinking about pressing charges against her for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

"Superintendent David Eubanks says the school has concern that Arthur could be contributing to the delinquency of a a minor."

http://wspa.com/2016/02/29/nude-pic-...says-district/

I mean, if the student is let off without any punishment and SHE is charged, that's pretty insane.
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 03.03.16 at 04:54 PM.

7. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:12 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts

Premium Member

This is a tough one... It feels like she should know better. She should have been more careful considering that she is a teacher. However, pressing charge is way over the top. Insane.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 866 Times in 508 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    They're both dumb-asses, but one is an adult and one is a juvenile. So I put a higher onus on the adult to behave like one. Especially someone who is charged with educating our youth.

You're a fucking teacher. Don't have nude photos of yourself on your phone and don't leave it sitting where a kid can rifle through it. This is just common sense. Why do you have nude photos of yourself on your phone anyway? I don't. My wife doesn't. Actually, I'm pretty sure that no one I know does either. There's really no reason for it unless you're pulling an Anthony Weiner and sending them to people.

Now, to the kid. Juvenile or not, that is theft. You have no right to grab someone's phone and distribute pictures on it to others without the owner's consent. It is no different than if you went into her unlocked house and took them out of a drawer and copied them. This kid should be treated accordingly.

I agree with It's Mike, she can't go back to that school, but I don't think she should completely lose her job either.
    You don't have any nude pics of your wife on your phone?

Want some?

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,340 Times in 3,185 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

The kid should be expelled.

And it's her private phone. She should sue the school. It's her phone. Not school property. She should have never been terminated.

Sent from my iPhone using swagger

11. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Bottoms Up!
    Last Online

08.21.17 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 2,028 Times in 1,265 Posts

Well, good to know if someone steals stuff off my phone I'm taking the fall.

13. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:13 PM
    Liked 18,158 Times in 8,974 Posts

Maybe they fired her because she's a fucking dumb ass, and anyone that stupid shouldn't be a teacher in the first place?

People and their fucking phones, will anyone ever learn?
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Only in 2016 would we stories like this. Good lord, I don't know where to start with this.
    Nevermind...I'll just move on.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 02:13 PM
    Liked 3,116 Times in 1,827 Posts

Premium Member

As someone who is around high school classrooms, it's the ultimate in stupidity to let anything of any kind of value sitting around the classroom. I stopped bringing my expensive sunglasses simply because I preferred just placing them on the desk instead of putting them in a case and hiding them in my satchel. I barely take my phone out, but it never leaves my hand or my pocket when students are in the classroom, not to mention it needs a passcode or thumbprint.

Students will take anything of value if given the chance. Not every kid, but once classroom sizes get to 35, 40, 45 kids like I have seen, the odds of each class having a kid or two that doesn't give a fuck goes way, way up.

To the point of her being dumb having that stuff on there and bringing it to school, I agree wholeheartedly. In fact, if she had brought her laptop to school and turned her back to help some students while this kid got on her laptop and found 'sexy' photos of her, we would probably look at this a little differently, yet a smart phone is just a tiny computer. We would probably also look at the theft differently if he had stolen her laptop.

Either way, she was definitely dumb, and there was no way she could continue to effectively teach there. If she weren't fired, she was going to find that out the hard way. A transfer was probably the best move. Oh, and the kid should be punished fairly harshly.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:04 AM
    Liked 1,035 Times in 506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fuddman5150 View Post
    The kid should be expelled.

And it's her private phone. She should sue the school. It's her phone. Not school property. She should have never been terminated.

Sent from my iPhone using swagger
    Disagree. Don't bring nude pictures of yourself to school, teacher.
    "...it's steak and whiskey time in America." - bklynboy68

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:16 AM
    Liked 7,881 Times in 4,607 Posts

Premium Member

She played the "sacrifial lamb" way to casually. Something's up.

No fight? No nothing?

Eruption
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:42 AM
    Liked 701 Times in 247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    She played the "sacrifial lamb" way to casually. Something's up.

No fight? No nothing?
    Hmm...she may have penis?!? Not that there's anything wrong with that!

20. The Following Member Likes This Post: