Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

05.12.16 @ 06:06 AM
    Liked 468 Times in 372 Posts

Default Conservative Ben Stein May Vote Democrat For The First Time

Economic and conservative commentator Ben Stein said Wednesday that he’s considering voting for Democratic presidential candidates Hillary Clinton or Sen. Bernard Sanders if Donald Trump wins the Republican nomination.

“Well, I don’t know. I went to law school with Ms. Clinton so I’ve always had a kind of fondness for her, she was always a very nice young woman,” Mr. Stein, 71, told CNN’s Carol Costello, Raw Story reported.

“I admire the fact that Bernie Sanders has a single-payer national health plan,” he continued. “When I worked for [President Richard] Nixon as a speechwriter, I wrote the message that sent up Mr. Nixon’s proposal for single-payer health plan. But I would like to see it be a Republican, I’ve never voted for a Democrat. But Mr. Trump, I think, is dangerously misinformed. I like him, but he’s dangerously misinformed.”

Mr. Stein said he likes Ted Cruz “very much” but doesn’t think the Texas senator knows enough about economics to lead the nation. If he could pick any candidate it would be Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, but “I think he’s been a little disingenuous lately,” Mr. Stein said without elaborating.

He went on to say that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who dropped out of the race last month and endorsed Mr. Trump, made a mistake “getting on the Trump bandwagon.”

“I just hope that bandwagon does not drag the whole party out to sea and sink us like the Goldwater bandwagon did when I was a young man,” Mr. Stein said. “I don’t want to see that happen again to the Republican Party but I’m afraid that’s what’s coming down the road.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...or-first-time/

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:05 PM
    Liked 2,390 Times in 1,492 Posts

Premium Member

I think we are headed for single payer either way Trump or Clinton. In about 2 years health insurance companies will be broke and or premiums will be so high it will be like paying another mortgage. My company Highmark Blue Shield lost 266 million last year THEN doubled premiums and raised deductables and out of pocket maximums. Its like this all over the USA.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:05 PM
    Liked 1,487 Times in 1,016 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Motherload View Post
    Economic and conservative commentator Ben Stein said Wednesday that he’s considering voting for Democratic presidential candidates Hillary Clinton or Sen. Bernard Sanders if Donald Trump wins the Republican nomination.

“Well, I don’t know. I went to law school with Ms. Clinton so I’ve always had a kind of fondness for her, she was always a very nice young woman,” Mr. Stein, 71, told CNN’s Carol Costello, Raw Story reported.

“I admire the fact that Bernie Sanders has a single-payer national health plan,” he continued. “When I worked for [President Richard] Nixon as a speechwriter, I wrote the message that sent up Mr. Nixon’s proposal for single-payer health plan. But I would like to see it be a Republican, I’ve never voted for a Democrat. But Mr. Trump, I think, is dangerously misinformed. I like him, but he’s dangerously misinformed.”

Mr. Stein said he likes Ted Cruz “very much” but doesn’t think the Texas senator knows enough about economics to lead the nation. If he could pick any candidate it would be Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, but “I think he’s been a little disingenuous lately,” Mr. Stein said without elaborating.

He went on to say that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who dropped out of the race last month and endorsed Mr. Trump, made a mistake “getting on the Trump bandwagon.”

“I just hope that bandwagon does not drag the whole party out to sea and sink us like the Goldwater bandwagon did when I was a young man,” Mr. Stein said. “I don’t want to see that happen again to the Republican Party but I’m afraid that’s what’s coming down the road.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...or-first-time/
    Are we supposed to be impressed that he wants to back establishment hacks?
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

4. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:51 PM
    Liked 798 Times in 383 Posts

Premium Member

Trump receiving the Republican nomination would be the death-nail of the Republican party, and would virually guarantee Hillary Clinton the presidency, unfortunately, imo.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 11,601 Times in 4,946 Posts

Agree on both accounts Wruff.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    Trump receiving the Republican nomination would be the death-nail of the Republican party, and would virually guarantee Hillary Clinton the presidency, unfortunately, imo.
    Trump hails the return of the "Know Nothing Party" LOL