Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

05.12.16 @ 06:06 AM
    Liked 468 Times in 372 Posts

Default Kevin O'Leary Predicts Justin Trudeau Won't Last 4 Years As PM

Kevin O'Leary thinks Justin Trudeau won't survive his four years as prime minister and the Liberals will be looking for a new leader before the next election.

"Watch it happen," the "Shark Tank" and former "Dragons' Den" television personality and chairman of O'Leary Funds told The Huffington Post Canada Thursday. "Watch it happen."

"The Trudeau mandate is going to end in economic catastrophe. The budget I see coming is going to be between $40 and $45 billion deficit. A third of that is going to be wasted because the government can't spend that much money — never could regardless of which party," he said in a phone interview from Florida.

"I've watched him in his first 60 days spend $4 billion and not create one Canadian job. If that's how the rest of his mandate is going to go, it will end very badly. Not only for him but for all Canadians."

More here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/02...n_9325546.html

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:48 AM
    Liked 6,678 Times in 3,703 Posts

Better chance he's pm for 40 years than pm for less than 4.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.14.17 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 753 Times in 498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post

I agree with you there, Mike. Justin's not going to be going away anytime soon...and Kevin O'Leary is an idiot. He would sell his own family if you offered him enough money. Canada's Trump...

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by cdnangel View Post
    I agree with you there, Mike. Justin's not going to be going away anytime soon...and Kevin O'Leary is an idiot. He would sell his own family if you offered him enough money. Canada's Trump...
    Fair but scary comparison given what's going on.

I don't remember o'leary claiming Harper wouldn't last 4 years when he ran a 50+ billion dollar deficit in 09/10. He was a conservative so it was fine. Trudeau hasn't even tabled his first budget and the idiots on the right are crying. It makes me sad that people put party over country. I didn't vote liberal federally (they ran a gimmick
    candidate who actually won in my riding) but he's now my prime minister. I hope he does a great job. We need him to do a great job. And if he does even an OK job he'll have no trouble being re-elected.

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.14.17 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 753 Times in 498 Posts

I don't remember o'leary claiming Harper wouldn't last 4 years when he ran a 50+ billion dollar deficit in 09/10. He was a conservative so it was fine. Trudeau hasn't even tabled his first budget and the idiots on the right are crying. It makes me sad that people put party over country. I didn't vote liberal federally (they ran a gimmick
    candidate who actually won in my riding) but he's now my prime minister. I hope he does a great job. We need him to do a great job. And if he does even an OK job he'll have no trouble being re-elected.

I voted for Liberal in my riding. I knew she didn't have a hope in hell as my riding belonged to the former Speaker of the House, but for the first time in years I was voting for the party I wanted rather than strategically to try to form a strong opposition or avoid a majority.

#1 issue for me (as you may have guessed) is First Nations issues. So far, I am very happy with my choice...

Now if only I can land a job like my last one so that I can continue being part of the reconciliation process...

Last Online

You don't think there's already a backlash growing among Canadians where in 4 years - they will want to get rid of the selfie-Prime Minister? Similar to Alberta counting down the days to get rid of Notley?

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Motherload View Post
    You don't think there's already a backlash growing among Canadians where in 4 years - they will want to get rid of the selfie-Prime Minister? Similar to Alberta counting down the days to get rid of Notley?
    No. Alberta is a conservative province but a small part of a country of centrists. The liberals are the natural governing party for a reason. As long as they govern from the middle and do a reasonable job with the books he'll be around for a long time.

Last edited by It's Mike; 02.28.16 at 09:47 AM.

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:02 AM
    Liked 2,232 Times in 1,350 Posts

see, that is the understanding that is so lacking in politics. When Obama got elected the first response from the GOP side was that they wanted to make Obama a one term president.....what was the best way to do that? obstructing government. In my opinion when the people choose a President, it is the job of everyone in government to make that a successful presidency. That doesn't mean bend their beliefs and policies to make sure that every program and every budget goes thru uncontested, but to compromise and negotiate and find some common ground where the people of the country are served by their government.

too many politicians take the scorched earth approach and have no problem with constructively nullifying the election by obstructing every effort to move forward.

In your case, your PM has not even submitted a budget and yet the chicken littles are already putting everyone on notice that the sky has already fallen.

Last Online

No. Alberta is a conservative province but a small part of a country of centrists. The liberals are the natural governing party for a reason. As long as they govern from the middle and do a reasonable job with the books he'll be around for a long time.

So did Liberals lose the last two elections simply because the leaders at the time were not appealing or because even liberals were pissed off at the corruption going on at the time?

I sort of get a sense that Trudeau was voted in for a few specific reasons:

1. They are giving liberals another chance to redeem themselves.
    2. It helps that the leader is young, charismatic, good looking and oh yes, the son of the most popular Prime Minister in Canadian history as opposed to Michael Ignatieff.
    3. There was strong hate for Harper - even when it came to conservative Canadians.

But I think Trudeau has to really deliver. The conservatives have an advantage in that they will be picking a new leader and they can really find someone who may appeal to all Canadians - perhaps a woman - who can factually point out that Trudeau has done fuck all these last 4 years and certainly not what his campaign promised.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

So did Liberals lose the last two elections simply because the leaders at the time were not appealing or because even liberals were pissed off at the corruption going on at the time?

I sort of get a sense that Trudeau was voted in for a few specific reasons:

1. They are giving liberals another chance to redeem themselves.
    2. It helps that the leader is young, charismatic, good looking and oh yes, the son of the most popular Prime Minister in Canadian history as opposed to Michael Ignatieff.
    3. There was strong hate for Harper - even when it came to conservative Canadians.

But I think Trudeau has to really deliver. The conservatives have an advantage in that they will be picking a new leader and they can really find someone who may appeal to all Canadians - perhaps a woman - who can factually point out that Trudeau has done fuck all these last 4 years and certainly not what his campaign promised.
    I don't think there was ever hate for Harper except from people who would never vote conservative anyways. He did an OK job and the fact the liberals ran horrid candidates pushed enough moderates (like me) to Harper based on a "he's not doing horribly" basis.

Trudeau needs to merely keep the traditional liberal base to stay pm. That just means don't do a bad job with the finances and push people like me to the conservatives. It's really not that tough an ask. Enough left of centre people will vote him because he's better than whoever the conservatives will run.

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    see, that is the understanding that is so lacking in politics. When Obama got elected the first response from the GOP side was that they wanted to make Obama a one term president.....what was the best way to do that? obstructing government. In my opinion when the people choose a President, it is the job of everyone in government to make that a successful presidency. That doesn't mean bend their beliefs and policies to make sure that every program and every budget goes thru uncontested, but to compromise and negotiate and find some common ground where the people of the country are served by their government.

too many politicians take the scorched earth approach and have no problem with constructively nullifying the election by obstructing every effort to move forward.

In your case, your PM has not even submitted a budget and yet the chicken littles are already putting everyone on notice that the sky has already fallen.
    Yup. Party over country. Drives me nuts.

Last Online

I don't think there was ever hate for Harper except from people who would never vote conservative anyways. He did an OK job and the fact the liberals ran horrid candidates pushed enough moderates (like me) to Harper based on a "he's not doing horribly" basis.

Trudeau needs to merely keep the traditional liberal base to stay pm. That just means don't do a bad job with the finances and push people like me to the conservatives. It's really not that tough an ask. Enough left of centre people will vote him because he's better than whoever the conservatives will run.

But even you said that Canada elected a sort of Obama for Prime Minister, so the possibility was there that Canadians would have the same frustration with Trudeau that some Americans have with Obama. Not to mention the reason why Trump is popular.

Some conservatives are even calling for O'Leary to run for the conservative party, because they are convinced that Trump will be President and O'Leary would be the Canadian Trump for the conservative party.

There were many conservatives that didn't like Harper - felt that he wasn't conservative enough. A liberal essentially. Some were hoping he would pull the plug on the billion dollar in taxes given to the CBC for example. In addition, some conservative journalists endorsed the conservative party, but they couldn't endorse Harper.

Last Online

So when O'Leary says that "I've watched him in his first 60 days spend $4 billion and not create one Canadian job" - is he talking out of his ass? Has $4 billion already been spent?

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

But even you said that Canada elected a sort of Obama for Prime Minister, so the possibility was there that Canadians would have the same frustration with Trudeau that some Americans have with Obama. Not to mention the reason why Trump is popular.
    we did. We elected a good looking guy who has a tonne of charisma and no record of doing anything. Americans re-elected Obama despite 4 years of disaster. Like i said earlier Trudeau does not need to be great he needs to be ok. Plus up here when you have a majority government you can basically implement whatever policy you want. Not the same as in the states.

Some conservatives are even calling for O'Leary to run for the conservative party, because they are convinced that Trump will be President and O'Leary would be the Canadian Trump for the conservative party.
    Canada looks at Trump as a fucking clown and we can't understand why anyone is voting for him. If the conservatives make O'Leary leader (they won't) they may as well not even bother running a campaign in the next election.

There were many conservatives that didn't like Harper - felt that he wasn't conservative enough. A liberal essentially. Some were hoping he would pull the plug on the billion dollar in taxes given to the CBC for example. In addition, some conservative journalists endorsed the conservative party, but they couldn't endorse Harper.
    Harper was smart. You can't run our country as a very conservative PM. Well you could do it once, but you'll never be relected. You run Canada from the middle. It's the only chance you have at being relected. That's what he did. That's what Jean Chertien did. That's what Justin will do. He'll be fine.
    Last edited by It's Mike; 02.28.16 at 11:08 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

So when O'Leary says that "I've watched him in his first 60 days spend $4 billion and not create one Canadian job" - is he talking out of his ass? Has $4 billion already been spent?
    it's been pledged, not spent. Different things. It's like saying you're gonna give someone money to pay for his Van Halen website and actually cutting the cheque. Two different things.

PS - See Brook, that's how it's done.

20. The Following 2 Members Like This Post: