Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:07 PM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts

Premium Member

Default NY Times Bombshell Scoop: Fox News Colluded with Rubio to Give Amnesty to Illegal Ali

NY Times Bombshell Scoop: Fox News Colluded with Rubio to Give Amnesty to Illegal Aliens

Jason Horowitz writes in the New York Times:

A few weeks after Senator Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)79%
    joined a bipartisan push for an immigration overhaul in 2013, he arrived alongside Senator Chuck Schumer at the executive dining room of News Corporation’s Manhattan headquarters for dinner.

Their mission was to persuade Rupert Murdoch, the owner of the media empire, and Roger Ailes, the chairman and chief executive of its Fox News division, to keep the network’s on-air personalities from savaging the legislation and give it a fighting chance at survival.

Mr. Murdoch, an advocate of immigration reform, and Mr. Ailes, his top lieutenant and the most powerful man in conservative television, agreed at the Jan. 17, 2013, meeting to give the senators some breathing room.

But the media executives, highly attuned to the intensifying anger in the Republican grass roots, warned that the senators also needed to make their case to Rush Limbaugh, the king of conservative talk radio, who held enormous sway with the party’s largely anti-immigrant base.

The dinner at News Corporation headquarters — which has not been previously reported — and the subsequent outreach to Mr. Limbaugh illustrate the degree to which Mr. Rubio served as the chief envoy to the conservative media for the group supporting the legislation. The bill would have provided a pathway to American citizenship for 11 million illegal immigrants along with measures to secure the borders and ensure that foreigners left the United States upon the expiration of their visas.

It is a history that Mr. Rubio is not eager to highlight as he takes on Donald J. Trump, his rival for the Republican presidential nomination, who has made his vow to crack down on illegal immigration a centerpiece of his campaign.

[…]

Mr. Rubio also reached out to other conservative power brokers, including the radio hosts Mark Levin and Laura Ingraham, telling them that the legislation did not amount to amnesty. The Fox anchors Sean Hannity and Bill O’Reilly became more supportive.

At the time, The Washington Post reported that Mr. Rubio’s advisers were monitoring to the minute how much time the hosts devoted to immigration, and that “they are heartened that the volume is much diminished.”
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...rvative-media/

Rest of the story:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us...ive-media.html
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:11 PM
    Liked 7,880 Times in 4,606 Posts

Premium Member

Evidently Mr. Rubio here's an educated man. Now I really hate him.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 PM
    Liked 1,084 Times in 726 Posts

Premium Member

They're all politicians and I trust none of them.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:13 PM
    Liked 18,158 Times in 8,974 Posts

The bigger point is how unfortunate it is that our news organizations make back room deals with politicians on what will and will not be televised on the news.

I am not pointing out Fox, I am sure NBC, CNN and all the others do as well, but it's just disappointing.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

5. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 11,777 Times in 6,523 Posts

Premium Member

The only thing I'll question in that article is the claim that Hannity was "more supportive". If he was, I must've missed that one. O'Reilly has always been a little more open on this issue so I don't know what they mean.

I don't like the mix of media and political operatives. Look at how many former politicos take jobs in cable news. There is a reason for that and it isn't objectivity. This relationship has been going on for decades now and it has undermined the reason the founders created a free press.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 08:07 PM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    The only thing I'll question in that article is the claim that Hannity was "more supportive". If he was, I must've missed that one. O'Reilly has always been a little more open on this issue so I don't know what they mean.

I don't like the mix of media and political operatives. Look at how many former politicos take jobs in cable news. There is a reason for that and it isn't objectivity. This relationship has been going on for decades now and it has undermined the reason the founders created a free press.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2012/nov...ation-20121109

Like I said, I understand that we're not deporting 12 million illegals. It's not going to happen... But like Dave said... The fact that our "news" people are making deals with politicians shows you just how corrupt the politics and our media is.
    Last edited by rocknblues81; 02.28.16 at 08:59 AM.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw