Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:58 PM
    Liked 11,728 Times in 6,498 Posts

Premium Member

Default The Obama Administration Wants to Make Sure Non-Citizens Vote in The Elections

Several well-funded organizations — including the League of Women Voters and the NAACP — are fighting efforts to prevent non-citizens from voting illegally in the upcoming presidential election. And the United States Department of Justice, under the direction of Attorney General Loretta Lynch, is helping them. On February 12, these groups filed a lawsuit in D.C. federal court seeking to reverse a recent decision by the U.S. Election Assistance Commission (EAC). The Commission’s decision allows Kansas and other states, including Arizona and Georgia, to enforce state laws ensuring that only citizens register to vote when they use a federally designed registration form. An initial hearing in the case is set for Monday afternoon, February 22.

Under federal law, the EAC is responsible for designing the federal voter-registration form required by the National Voter Registration Act, or Motor Voter, as it is commonly called. While states must register voters who use the federal form, states can ask the EAC to include instructions with the federal form about additional state registration requirements. Some states are now requiring satisfactory proof of citizenship to ensure that only citizens register to vote. Under Article I, Secion 2 and the Seventeenth Amendment to the Constitution, states have the power to set the “Qualification requisite for electors.” As with many issues, the Left disdains the balance the Framers adopted in the Constitution and objects to this delegation of power to the states. They prefer to see power over elector eligibility centralized in Washington, D.C.

So when Arizona sought to include citizenship-verification requirements with voter-registration forms, the institutional Left — including the League of Women Voters, People for the American Way, Common Cause, Project Vote, and Chicanos for La Causa — brought a lawsuit claiming that the EAC hadn’t approved such requirements. Incredibly, this fight over whether states can ensure that only citizens are voting went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. In 2013 in Arizona v. Inter Tribal Council of Arizona, a divided Court said that Arizona could not implement such a requirement unless and until the EAC agreed to change the instructions for use of the federal form to include the Arizona requirements.

However, the majority opinion in that case, written by Justice Antonin Scalia, stipulated that if the EAC refused Arizona’s request to accommodate the proof-of-citizenship requirement, the state could sue the EAC and establish in court that “a mere oath will not suffice to effectuate its citizenship requirement and that the EAC is therefore under a nondiscretionary duty to include Arizona’s concrete evidence requirement on the Federal Form.” The Court went so far as to say that Arizona could also claim that a refusal by the EAC would be “arbitrary,” since the agency “has accepted a similar instruction requested by Louisiana.” Indeed, the Court noted, the EAC had ”recently approved a state-specific instruction for Louisiana requiring applicants who lack a Louisiana driver’s license, ID card, or Social Security number to attach additional documentation” to the federal voter-registration form.

Arizona asked, and a single bureaucrat at the EAC named Alice Miller, who was not an EAC commissioner, but only the acting executive director, denied the request. It’s not even clear that Miller had the right to make this — or any other — decision. At the time, a quorum did not exist on the bipartisan, four-member independent commission. And that decision is starting to look even more suspect. It seems that Miller may not have been the one who actually made the decision after all. Sources inside the Justice Department tell me that, in fact, it was partisan, left-wing lawyers in the Voting Section of the Civil Rights Division at the Justice Department who actually drafted the denial letter. This is significant for several reasons.

First, the EAC is supposed to be an independent federal agency. While the president is empowered to nominate commissioners for the two Democratic and two Republican commission slots, in practice the president consults with the majority leader of the Senate (Mitch McConnell) and the speaker of the House of Representatives (Paul Ryan), as well as the leaders of the minority party in both houses, to pick the nominees. Because the EAC deals with federal election administration, the legislation establishing the agency — the 2002 Help America Vote Act — was designed so as to provide the EAC with political balance and to be outside the president’s control.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...citizen-voting
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,106 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

A perfect example of how this piece of shit is transforming America !!!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:21 PM
    Liked 18,088 Times in 8,937 Posts

I am going to leave this one alone.

Last time I defended the position of only US citizens being allowed to vote I was labeled a racist around here.

Fuck it, open it up to everybody.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Last time I defended the position of only US citizens being allowed to vote I was labeled a racist around here.
    LMAO! Jesus Christ.

And Ashley is a fucking river hippo.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:47 PM
    Liked 10,830 Times in 5,695 Posts

Premium Member

I am going to leave this one alone.

Fuck it, open it up to everybody.
    Yep. May as well let Putin cast his ballot...
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 1,961 Times in 984 Posts

It's beyond ridiculous. It is so transparent what the DNC is trying to accomplish here. Another example of why we are doomed if we continue in this direction.

How many here think I could waltz into say, France and vote in an election?

Last Online

05.12.16 @ 06:06 AM
    Liked 468 Times in 372 Posts

Americans don't even care to vote in their own elections in any sort of great number.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

You do realize that on average Canadian voter turnout is roughly only about 7% higher than that in the US, correct?

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

You do realize that on average Canadian voter turnout is roughly only about 7% higher than that in the US, correct?
    You do realize that Canada is a speck compared to Canada in terms of population?

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Motherload View Post
    You do realize that Canada is a speck compared to Canada in terms of population?
    I would think that they would be equal.

Also, due to the law of diminishing returns, among others, the more populated a country is, the lower a voter turnout is to be expected.

Our electoral college system also discourages voting, as people in certain states know that their vote doesn't matter.

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

I would think that they would be equal.

Also, due to the law of diminishing returns, among others, the more populated a country is, the lower a voter turnout is to be expected.

Our electoral college system also discourages voting, as people in certain states know that their vote doesn't matter.
    But yet I see people here say that Americans are angry and they are finally taking a stand - come November, will that "stand" be far greater than past elections due to all this anger or will people not be angry enough to get off their couch and vote. Do you anticipate a record turn out in this kooky election?

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Depends on how the Democrats and independents show up.

My guess would be that Republicans will be out in droves. That is what usually happens after an extended time in office by the other party.

But, I think voter motivation is diminished when you are going to the polls to vote against people. And I think this election is going to have a lot of that, because I don't think I am in the minority in this country when I say I don't like one single candidate from either party.

Last Online

Depends on how the Democrats and independents show up.

My guess would be that Republicans will be out in droves. That is what usually happens after an extended time in office by the other party.

But, I think voter motivation is diminished when you are going to the polls to vote against people. And I think this election is going to have a lot of that, because I don't think I am in the minority in this country when I say I don't like one single candidate from either party.
    Does that mean that you may not even vote - simply because no matter who you vote for, they will probably fuck the country up in the next 4 years?

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

I've never missed an election: local, state or national.

It's my duty as an American.

18. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

I've never missed an election: local, state or national.

It's my duty as an American.
    Sounds like a meaningless vote though as far as you are concerned. You are essentially voting for who you think you can tolerate more.