Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 161
  1. #1
    Banned! Motherload's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.24.16
    Posts
    4,644
    Last Online

    05.12.16 @ 06:06 AM
    Likes
    28
    Liked 468 Times in 372 Posts

    Default What Does Your Significant Other Think About You Posting On Forums?

    I am curious - what does your significant other think of you posting on a forum all the time.

    Do they not get it? Do they post on forums as well? Do you they think you are kind of a "loser" in a playful way:



    I have read stories where marriages have broken up because someone was constantly posting on forums and the wife felt ignored.

    Has there been any negative aspects in your relationship due to forums?

    As for me - my wife just don't get the whole forum culture. She is more about blogs, Twitter, Instagram and the like.

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    45
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    15,682
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 04:55 PM
    Likes
    4,328
    Liked 7,864 Times in 4,593 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    I'm curious to know, if spouses/girlfriends know the usernames and would they be shocked to read what's posted?

    I know...I know, of COURSE, everybody's wives are fully aware and approve of the way their husbands represent their family, online.

  3. #3
    Banned! Motherload's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.24.16
    Posts
    4,644
    Last Online

    05.12.16 @ 06:06 AM
    Likes
    28
    Liked 468 Times in 372 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    I'm curious to know, if spouses/girlfriends know the usernames and would they be shocked to read what's posted?

    I know...I know, of COURSE, everybody's wives are fully aware and approve of the way their husbands represent their family, online.
    You mean your wife/girlfriend isn't sitting beside you right now as you are typing?

  4. #4
    Hang 'Em High Hurricane Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.17.03
    Age
    49
    Location
    Shreveport Louisiana
    Posts
    6,600
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    All of them
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 11:51 AM
    Likes
    3,044
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

    Default

    Mine does. Of course, she has to live with me, so........

    And, she is also a member of this beloved site too, even tho she doesn't jump on as often as usual

    HH<-----knows for fact there are many old schoolers in here with significant others that are old schoolers, too. TLW anyone?-------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

    UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

  5. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  6. #5
    Atomic Punk CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    45
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    15,682
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 04:55 PM
    Likes
    4,328
    Liked 7,864 Times in 4,593 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Motherload View Post
    You mean your wife/girlfriend isn't sitting beside you right now as you are typing?
    No.

    Unfortunately, she's on another continent but she keeps an eye on me.

  7. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  8. #6
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    30,465
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Likes
    10,316
    Liked 16,543 Times in 9,377 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    No.

    Unfortunately, she's on another continent but she keeps an eye on me.
    Really? Shocking ...
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

    "Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  9. #7
    Atomic Punk CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    45
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    15,682
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 04:55 PM
    Likes
    4,328
    Liked 7,864 Times in 4,593 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen View Post
    And, she is also a member of this beloved site too, even tho she doesn't jump on as often as usua
    Was just talking about this to Deb.

    It's a shame. The site needs a bigger female presence, to counter some of these Neanderthals.

    Tell the Storm to jump in every now and then. Debbie, Daisy, and cdnangel need all the help they can get.

  10. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:


  11. #8
    Banned! Motherload's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.24.16
    Posts
    4,644
    Last Online

    05.12.16 @ 06:06 AM
    Likes
    28
    Liked 468 Times in 372 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    No.

    Unfortunately, she's on another continent but she keeps an eye on me.
    She has spy software on your computer to track who you are talking to and everything you are doing online?

  12. #9
    Banned! Motherload's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.24.16
    Posts
    4,644
    Last Online

    05.12.16 @ 06:06 AM
    Likes
    28
    Liked 468 Times in 372 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Was just talking about this to Deb.

    It's a shame. The site needs a bigger female presence, to counter some of these Neanderthals.

    Tell the Storm to jump in every now and then. Debbie, Daisy, and cdnangel need all the help they can get.
    Clearly the ladies miss the Van Hagar ballads.

  13. #10
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    30,465
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Likes
    10,316
    Liked 16,543 Times in 9,377 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Motherload View Post
    Clearly the ladies miss the Van Hagar ballads.
    Debbie is a Sammy fan. I'm not sure about Daisy? cdangel is a Dave fan.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

    "Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  14. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  15. #11
    Atomic Punk CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    45
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    15,682
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 04:55 PM
    Likes
    4,328
    Liked 7,864 Times in 4,593 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Motherload View Post
    She has spy software on your computer to track who you are talking to and everything you are doing online?
    She has been known to try and access things.

    Bless her wee heart. She's a major Sam fan, though and a Linker. You'd like her.

  16. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  17. #12
    Hang 'Em High Hurricane Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.17.03
    Age
    49
    Location
    Shreveport Louisiana
    Posts
    6,600
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    All of them
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 11:51 AM
    Likes
    3,044
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Was just talking about this to Deb.

    It's a shame. The site needs a bigger female presence, to counter some of these Neanderthals.

    Tell the Storm to jump in every now and then. Debbie, Daisy, and cdnangel need all the help they can get.
    I will. She does pop in pretty often, but doesn't post and I'm not sure why. But, she is in here pretty frequently. I'll ask.

    It's funny, TST is spending this weekend with another old school VHL CHICK. Remember KT? She and Tracey are spending this weekend together in KT's hometown of Kerrville Texas. They're staying with KT's sister and husband and seeing a play that someone within KT's family is staring in. Plus, resturant and bar hoping tomorrow and church on Sunday. Plus, going around to different places that KT grew up in around the area. They're heading back to Houston on Monday.

    The wives/girlfriends and all the VHL ladies in general are all beautiful and at times, tough. You gotta be to hang with this group. I remember there was a large number of women who posted frequently in here. All of them so cool, funny, witty and elegant in their own unique ways.........
    With the exception of just 1.........
    Just 1 that just seem to break the mold. She walked that fine line between silly and certifiable batshit crazy....
    And it was all EVH's fault that made her this way......(no it wasn't Val either . )
    Can you guess/remember the crazy woman that chatted in these hallow threads that was totally fucking mental? Her name was ______________?

    HH<----- most old school VHL members should know who it is. She is hard to forget.-----

    P.S. Lead Synth posted this evening! Awesome to see she is still around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

    UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

  18. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:


  19. #13
    Atomic Punk I Coulda Hada VH's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.29.00
    Location
    Land O' Lakers
    Posts
    30,465
    Favorite VH Album

    The First One
    Favorite VH Song

    I'm The One
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Likes
    10,316
    Liked 16,543 Times in 9,377 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen View Post
    I will. She does pop in pretty often, but doesn't post and I'm not sure why. But, she is in here pretty frequently. I'll ask.

    It's funny, TST is spending this weekend with another old school VHL CHICK. Remember KT? She and Tracey are spending this weekend together in KT's hometown of Kerrville Texas. They're staying with KT's sister and husband and seeing a play that someone within KT's family is staring in. Plus, resturant and bar hoping tomorrow and church on Sunday. Plus, going around to different places that KT grew up in around the area. They're heading back to Houston on Monday.

    The wives/girlfriends and all the VHL ladies in general are all beautiful and at times, tough. You gotta be to hang with this group. I remember there was a large number of women who posted frequently in here. All of them so cool, funny, witty and elegant in their own unique ways.........
    With the exception of just 1.........
    Just 1 that just seem to break the mold. She walked that fine line between silly and certifiable batshit crazy....
    And it was all EVH's fault that made her this way......(no it wasn't Val either . )
    Can you guess/remember the crazy woman that chatted in these hallow threads that was totally fucking mental? Her name was ______________?

    HH<----- most old school VHL members should know who it is. She is hard to forget.-----

    P.S. Lead Synth posted this evening! Awesome to see she is still around.
    Kimmie?
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

    "If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

    "Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

    "Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

  20. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  21. #14
    Banned! Motherload's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.24.16
    Posts
    4,644
    Last Online

    05.12.16 @ 06:06 AM
    Likes
    28
    Liked 468 Times in 372 Posts

    Default

    Valerie doesn't post here?

  22. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  23. #15
    Atomic Punk CaboChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.23.11
    Age
    45
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    15,682
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 04:55 PM
    Likes
    4,328
    Liked 7,864 Times in 4,593 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen View Post
    I will. She does pop in pretty often, but doesn't post and I'm not sure why. But, she is in here pretty frequently. I'll ask.

    It's funny, TST is spending this weekend with another old school VHL CHICK. Remember KT? She and Tracey are spending this weekend together in KT's hometown of Kerrville Texas. They're staying with KT's sister and husband and seeing a play that someone within KT's family is staring in. Plus, resturant and bar hoping tomorrow and church on Sunday. Plus, going around to different places that KT grew up in around the area. They're heading back to Houston on Monday.

    The wives/girlfriends and all the VHL ladies in general are all beautiful and at times, tough. You gotta be to hang with this group. I remember there was a large number of women who posted frequently in here. All of them so cool, funny, witty and elegant in their own unique ways.........
    With the exception of just 1.........
    Just 1 that just seem to break the mold. She walked that fine line between silly and certifiable batshit crazy....
    And it was all EVH's fault that made her this way......(no it wasn't Val either . )
    Can you guess/remember the crazy woman that chatted in these hallow threads that was totally fucking mental? Her name was ______________?

    HH<----- most old school VHL members should know who it is. She is hard to forget.-----

    P.S. Lead Synth posted this evening! Awesome to see she is still around.
    Of course I know KT...we're friends on FB.

    I've been following those two and their shenanigans.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. New way to get back at a cheating significant other - with a tattoo
    By vcooper3 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11.28.11, 02:21 PM
  2. Posting and You
    By ZachenFoot in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08.10.06, 07:59 AM
  3. the 10 most significant moments in Metal
    By RockGod5150 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05.17.06, 08:38 AM
  4. Those significant sounds
    By Bigdaddy_14 in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03.22.01, 06:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •