Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:47 AM
    Liked 11,793 Times in 6,537 Posts

Premium Member

Default Arabic Flag Appears Mysteriously on Top of Government-Owned Texas Building

A Texas mayor wants federal officials to launch an investigation after a black banner with Arabic-style text was seen mysteriously hanging atop a government-owned building Monday.

The flag, which was draped from the roof of Citizens Tower in Lubbock, Texas, was black with a red heart in the center along with the phrase “alhab lljamie,” which means “love all,” an Arabic-speaking source told Fox34.

The flag was stabilized by two cinderblocks, according to Lubbock Online. City Mayor Glen Robertson asked City Manager James Loomis to have the flag removed from the building, which used to be known as the Omni Building.

“I have sent Mr. Loomis an email requesting that we remove the Arabic flag from the Omni Building, that we take all steps necessary to secure the building and that Chief [Greg] Stevens notify the Department of Homeland Security, FBI and the Lubbock Sheriff’s Office,” Robertson said in a statement.

He went on to say it is “premature” to draw conclusions before more facts are available, but said he believes the development should be taken seriously ”in light of current national and international events.”

Stevens told Fox34 that the sheriff’s department had received three reports of trespassing at Citizens Tower since 2014. The building, which is largely vacant, is surrounded by construction equipment. However, the banner situation is being treated as crime of trespassing.

“Even though the message seems to be innocuous and well-meaning, that was not the best way to go about spreading the message,” Councilman Victor Hernandez said.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...exas-building/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:25 AM
    Liked 6,854 Times in 3,590 Posts

Premium Member

Wonder how many people see this and think Government building as opposed to Government-OWNED building. I know I did.

It's just a big empty building owned by the city that's had a fire and the copper wiring stripped from it. Reminds me of an old abandoned hotel near here in North Randall, OH.

Lubbock City Council Votes to Purchase Omni Building

November 7, 2014 2:46 AM

Another step in Lubbock’s downtown redevelopment took place Thursday night as the city council voted to purchase the Omni Building, located at 1206 14th Street (14th Street and Avenue K).

The vote was 5-1 in favor, with Mayor Glen Robertson dissenting and District 4 Councilman Jim Gerlt absent.

Before the vote took place, the proposed purchase price for the Omni was reduced by $25,000 to $1.2 million and Tract IV (four) of the property, was deleted in the purchase contract.

After the council meeting, Mayor Glen Robertson told KAMC News, “Nobody really seemed to commit to any option other than to buy it,” he said. “We didn’t do a good job of gathering facts. Could we use it for a police department or city hall? We should already know the cost. I couldn’t vote to buy the building just because it’s ugly and something needs to be done.”

The Omni Building has been in a state of disrepair for over four years. In 2010, the marble panels on the exterior of the building began falling off. In 2011, a fire started inside the building. Over the past few years some of stucco used to replace the marble panels has fallen off the building too. Also, copper wiring and light fixtures were taken from the building too.

Parts of 14th Street and Avenue K surrounding the Omni have been blocked from vehicular and pedestrian traffic over public safety concerns, while the future of the building remained in doubt.

Tract IV of the contract (July 10, 2014; City Council Resolution No. 2014-R0240) is described as, “Lots Eight (8) Nine (9) Ten (10) Eleven (11) Twelve (12) Thirteen (13) and Fourteen (14), Block One Hundred Forty-Eight (148), ORIGINAL TOWN to the City of Lubbock, Lubbock County, Texas, according to the Map, Plat, and/or Dedication Deed thereof recorded in Volume 5, Page 384, Deed Records of Lubbock County, Texas.”

Lots 8, 9 and 10 of Block 148 are on Avenue K directly bordering, or near to, 14th Street. Lots 11, 12, 13 and 14 are on Avenue J, directly bordering, or near to, 14th Street as well. (see photo below for map detail)

That grouping of property will remain with the seller of the Omni Building, Hung P. Nguyen of Katy, Texas. He operates Lubbock Omni Office, Inc.

At some point in the future, the Omni Building may become home to the Lubbock Police Department, Lubbock Power & Light administrative offices and the new City Hall. But before city departments can move into the Omni Building, extensive rehabilitation of interior and exterior will have to take place.

http://kfyo.com/lubbock-city-council...omni-building/

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,243 Times in 1,359 Posts

so someone wanted to spread a positive Muslim message and people are freaking out over how it was done?

5. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    so someone wanted to spread a positive Muslim message and people are freaking out over how it was done?
    I may or may not have some people that may or may not work in that city. And there may or may not be more to this story. But I could be wrong. Who knows? So DH and others, I wouldn't be all happy happy puppy rainbow songs just yet. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,243 Times in 1,359 Posts

happy happy puppy rainbows LOL

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:45 AM
    Liked 6,987 Times in 5,020 Posts

Premium Member

I could be way off base here, yet that photo reminded me of some of those alien movies, where you see their flag draped over the White House. ie; invasion/takeover...
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    I could be way off base here, yet that photo reminded me of some of those alien movies, where you see their flag draped over the White House. ie; invasion/takeover...
    You'll see the same in ID2.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman