Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:10 PM
    Liked 911 Times in 467 Posts

Default EVH Wolf Special neck replacing 6 string neck on OLP MM612?

This is the guitar I'm talking about

I've had this for about 6 months and the 6 string neck is just terrible. Exactly what you would expect from a poor import. I want to replace it with something that fits. I have just done measurements on my Wolfgang Stealth special and the necks seem to be almost identical to each other at the nut and the heel, with the wolfgang being *slightly* deeper at the heel. The distance from where the strings are free from the bride to the heel is 3mm~ longer on the Wolfgang and I have about twice that distance worth of adjustments on the bridge of the doubleneck to set the length right. I have a replacement neck lined up and I just want to get confirmation from you all that it should be a almost a drop in replacement unless I'm overlooking something here (I will need to drill new screw holes). I would just rip my wolfgang neck off and do a test fit but I just have it set up perfectly right now.

Am I missing anything?
    Thoughts?

Favorite VH Album

VH, VH2, FW, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Big River, Little Guitars
    Last Online

03.22.17 @ 07:01 AM
    Liked 120 Times in 49 Posts

FWIW, I have two OLP MM1s and the necks on those aren't even properly interchangeable and actually have different profiles...

Assuming that the double neck's 6 string neck is the same of the regular MM1, I'm surprised you don't like it. The neck on my main guitar (an MM1!) is awesome, IMO, and the neck on my other one is at the very least really comfortable to play.
    Waylon Jennings: 1937-2002.
    "There ain't nothin' quite as sad as watching your heroes die."

RIP, Hoss!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:10 PM
    Liked 911 Times in 467 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Casemeister View Post
    FWIW, I have two OLP MM1s and the necks on those aren't even properly interchangeable and actually have different profiles...

Assuming that the double neck's 6 string neck is the same of the regular MM1, I'm surprised you don't like it. The neck on my main guitar (an MM1!) is awesome, IMO, and the neck on my other one is at the very least really comfortable to play.
    I disassembled the 6 string part of the guitar, electronics and all, and built it back from the ground up replacing the bridge pickup with the bridge from an Ax40 (non D series) that I had on the shelf. Much better. I shimmed the neck and adjusted the saddle height to follow the neck radius and I've got it to a great spot now. Glad I didn't rush into buying the other neck.

When I was wiring the bridge pickup, I was unsure which wire was which, so I phoned up Sterling by Music Man and within a minute I had an answer and they LOVED to hear what I was working on after I expressed my gratitude for such great service.

4. The Following Member Likes This Post: