Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 07:14 AM
    Liked 11,754 Times in 6,511 Posts

Premium Member

Default Video: PAUL STANLEY Sings THE MIRACLES Classic 'The Tracks Of My Tears'

I was expecting a shitfest but this is well done. Good one, Paul.

KISS frontman Paul Stanley's latest solo project, an R&B band called SOUL STATION, made its live debut on September 11, 2015 at West Hollywood, California's The Roxy Theatre. The ten-piece band also features KISS drummer Eric Singer.

Professionally filmed video footage of SOUL STATION performing the Smokey Robinson and THE MIRACLES classic "The Tracks Of My Tears" at The Roxy can be seen below.

Stanley recently told the nationally syndicated program "Uncle Joe's Garage" about his new band: "SOUL STATION is a 13-piece band of people who are really like-minded — top-shelf people who have played with Smokey [Robinson], Stevie Wonder, Whitney Houston, Christina Aguilera, John Mayer… the list goes on and on. And, really, what we do is recreate note for note all the great music that is part of, certainly, my foundation. Sometimes it gets overlooked at this point, because people are being spoonfed crap."

He continued: "Look, I don't wanna talk about, 'Oh, the music was so great back then,' 'cause this isn't music that necessarily people would expect me to have an affinity for. But the music that we're hearing nowadays that kind of gets passed off as soul or R&B is just a beat on a computer and somebody doing a nursery run that's been tuned, you know, pre-tuned. It's just a different world. And when you hear the FOUR TOPS, or your hear THE SPINNERS, STYLISTICS, DELPHONICS, TEMPTATIONS, SMO KEY [ROBINSON] & THE MIRACLES. That music is amazing and timeless."

According to Stanley, race shouldn't be a factor in the way people listen to music. He said: "Great music is made by all nationalities. And certainly SOUL STATION, the cool thing is it's multi-national, and well it should be. I mean, you should be able to close your eyes and not know who's making the music. It's either good or it's not good."

He went on to say: "Look, as a kid, I was lucky enough to see Otis Redding, I saw Solomon Burke, I saw THE TEMPTATIONS. And those people had the good. I'm always kind of… I laugh when I hear some of the local talent being interviewed when they come through town to do concerts and they say, 'Well, you know, we sing along with tracks and stuff, because you can't dance and sing.' Well, James Brown did it. THE TEMPTATIONS did it. THE SPINNERS did it. If you can't sing and dance at the same time, it's 'cause you probably can't sing."

Regarding his future plans for SOUL STATION, Stanley said: "What I'd love to do is do some new music with the band and I'd also like to do a live CD, 'cause we've recorded everything, and, quite honestly, it sounds as good as anything done in a studio. You can't go wrong with the people that I've got in this band. When you've got three great back-up singers, when you've got three great horn players. The pedigree of everybody in the band… I'm the mutt, but I hold up my end."

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

His voice sounds better than what I have been hearing. Not an easy to sing tune either.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:09 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

Not bad. It's such an iconic song that you have to be a really great vocalist to give it justice.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:22 AM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

nicely done, Paul!

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:09 AM
    Liked 6,971 Times in 5,007 Posts

Premium Member

I've always thought that Paul was a good singer, and that video helped confirm it. He's in a non-familiar setting, and out of his perceived comfort zone - yet still pulls it off.
    Not an easy thing to do, yet (as I've always said) the guys in KISS were actually fine musicians in their own right.

All without makeup, pyro, and the other goodies... Impressive!
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 7,619 Times in 3,996 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    I was expecting a shitfest but this is well done. Good one, Paul.

KISS frontman Paul Stanley's latest solo project, an R&B band called SOUL STATION, made its live debut on September 11, 2015 at West Hollywood, California's The Roxy Theatre. The ten-piece band also features KISS drummer Eric Singer.

Professionally filmed video footage of SOUL STATION performing the Smokey Robinson and THE MIRACLES classic "The Tracks Of My Tears" at The Roxy can be seen below.

Stanley recently told the nationally syndicated program "Uncle Joe's Garage" about his new band: "SOUL STATION is a 13-piece band of people who are really like-minded — top-shelf people who have played with Smokey [Robinson], Stevie Wonder, Whitney Houston, Christina Aguilera, John Mayer… the list goes on and on. And, really, what we do is recreate note for note all the great music that is part of, certainly, my foundation. Sometimes it gets overlooked at this point, because people are being spoonfed crap."

He continued: "Look, I don't wanna talk about, 'Oh, the music was so great back then,' 'cause this isn't music that necessarily people would expect me to have an affinity for. But the music that we're hearing nowadays that kind of gets passed off as soul or R&B is just a beat on a computer and somebody doing a nursery run that's been tuned, you know, pre-tuned. It's just a different world. And when you hear the FOUR TOPS, or your hear THE SPINNERS, STYLISTICS, DELPHONICS, TEMPTATIONS, SMO KEY [ROBINSON] & THE MIRACLES. That music is amazing and timeless."

According to Stanley, race shouldn't be a factor in the way people listen to music. He said: "Great music is made by all nationalities. And certainly SOUL STATION, the cool thing is it's multi-national, and well it should be. I mean, you should be able to close your eyes and not know who's making the music. It's either good or it's not good."

He went on to say: "Look, as a kid, I was lucky enough to see Otis Redding, I saw Solomon Burke, I saw THE TEMPTATIONS. And those people had the good. I'm always kind of… I laugh when I hear some of the local talent being interviewed when they come through town to do concerts and they say, 'Well, you know, we sing along with tracks and stuff, because you can't dance and sing.' Well, James Brown did it. THE TEMPTATIONS did it. THE SPINNERS did it. If you can't sing and dance at the same time, it's 'cause you probably can't sing."

Regarding his future plans for SOUL STATION, Stanley said: "What I'd love to do is do some new music with the band and I'd also like to do a live CD, 'cause we've recorded everything, and, quite honestly, it sounds as good as anything done in a studio. You can't go wrong with the people that I've got in this band. When you've got three great back-up singers, when you've got three great horn players. The pedigree of everybody in the band… I'm the mutt, but I hold up my end."

So cool that i met that guy & got to see photos on his iPhone!
    That was one surreal day in May.
    He's sitting down doing some pre-signing of stock, before the fans
    were let in, and he's like, "Check this out!"
    And i'm looking at all his culinary creations on his phone.
    He mentioned he was interested in doing a cooking themed show or book.

But Paul sounds great here, nice falsetto.
    KISS takes a huge toll on his voice these days, but here, he is more relaxed
    and able to just sing.