Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:28 PM
    Liked 11,770 Times in 6,520 Posts

Premium Member

Default Passenger Sucked Out of Plane at 14,000 Feet After Suspected Bomb Blasts Hole in Side

Feb. 3, 2016

A passenger was ejected from a commercial plane when an explosion blew a hole in aircraft’s side just after takeoff over Somalia on Tuesday, sources told CNN.

Two other people were injured, but the pilot was able to safely land the Daallo Airlines plane back at Mogadishu International Airport, the network reported.

An airport official told CNN the Airbus A321-111 was between 12,000 and 14,000 feet in the air at the time of the explosion. A source told the network Somali authorities indicated one passenger was blown or ejected from a hole in the side of the plane after the explosion.

Somalia’s National News Agency reported that one passenger died after falling from Flight D3159, CNN reported, adding that Somali authorities discovered a body near Mogadishu believed to have fallen from the aircraft

Mohamed Hassan, a police officer in Balad, an agricultural town about 18 miles north of Mogadishu, said residents had found the dead body of a man who might have fallen from a plane.

Cellphone video taken aboard the plane pans from passengers, some wearing oxygen masks, in seats toward the back of the airliner in flight, and then swivels to the empty front area with a hole in the side of the cabin. There is a loud sound of rushing air. The video was taken by Awale Kullane, Somalia’s deputy ambassador to the United Nations, and obtained by The Associated Press.

Another source told CNN that damage tests positively indicated explosive residue — but civil aviation authority officials said Wednesday they had found no evidence so far of a criminal act.

More from CNN:

If this was a bomb, no group immediately took responsibility.

Al-Shabaab has been behind some of the worst violence in recent years in and around Somalia. Some of it targeted tourists, such as last month’s deadly attack on a beachside restaurant-hotel complex in Mogadishu. Young people also have been targets, as shown in the massacre at Kenya’s Garissa University College. And the general public hasn’t escaped the group’s violence, as evidenced in a 2013 assault on an upscale mall in Nairobi.

Yet this Islamist extremist group has recently gotten competition from ISIS, with a high-ranking Al-Shabaab member and spiritual leader pledging allegiance to the rival group last fall.

Flights in and out of Mogadishu International Airport were suspended briefly Tuesday because of the Daallo Airlines incident.

That airport is home to offices of the United Nations, African Union and many diplomatic missions, including those of the United States and European Union.

Daallo Airlines is based in the United Arab Emirates and has flights to Djibouti, Kenya, Saudi Arabia and Somalia.

The plane’s veteran pilot, Serbian captain Vlatko Vodopivec, told the Associated Press that he and others were told the explosion was caused by a bomb. ”It was my first bomb,” he said. “I hope it will be the last.”

The 64-year-old said the engines and hydraulics functioned normally after the blast so he had no problem flying the aircraft back to Mogadishu.

“Smoke came into the cockpit, but it was mostly concentrated in the back of the aircraft,” he said in a telephone interview from a U.N. military base in Mogadishu before he was to fly to Athens, Greece. “The stewardesses did a great job calming down the passengers and following the emergency procedure.”

Investigators moved the plane from the runway to a private hangar. Foreign technical experts were involved in the inquiry, said Ali Mohamoud, an aviation official at the Mogadishu airport.

Two passengers on board the flight that was headed to Djibouti in the Horn of Africa said they heard a loud bang that left a hole in the passenger cabin.

Awale Kullane, Somalia’s deputy ambassador to the U.N. who was on board the flight, said on Facebook that he “heard a loud noise and couldn’t see anything but smoke for a few seconds.” When visibility returned they realized “quite a chunk” of the plane was missing, he wrote.

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,107 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Awwwe, that sure is sweet--hopefully, it was one of those dirty rotten bastards that attacked our troops in '93 !!!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:52 AM
    Liked 741 Times in 408 Posts

Premium Member

Beyond the obvious - which is cowardly behaviour, killing the lives of innocent people, I've got to respect the HELL out of the engineers and pilots of this plane.

A HOLD BLEW OUT the side of the plane - and the thing still landed. I can't even glue together a model that doesn't fall apart moments after I'm done. THEN - with fucked up circumstances, air pressure, chaos, fright, life ending circumstances and holding the lives of others in your hands, you LAND the disabled plane? Wow.
    Winners come and go; legends are forever.

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:20 PM
    Liked 16,543 Times in 9,377 Posts

Wow. That plane sucks.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 10,877 Times in 5,725 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    Wow. That plane sucks.
    It certainly doesn't blow...
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:04 PM
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,124 Posts

Premium Member

Just guessing, but I think the guy that got blown out of plane was likely the perpetrator. This was the MO of the underwear and shoe bomber. Get something on the plane that will explode, sit above the wing (where the fuel tanks are), set it off and hope for a large enough explosion to ignite the fuel.

If it was, I hope he survived long enough to look back up and realize the plane was still in the air as he plummeted to his death. At 14,000 feet he had some time to think about it (over a minute). If the guy was innocent, I hope that he never knew what hit him.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

9. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Big Trouble
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:58 AM
    Liked 111 Times in 54 Posts

Serbian pilot wooop wooop to a fellow Serb....move over Sully Sullenberger... ol' Vlatko is in the neighborhood now...landed a plane with a giant hole in it...fucked up
    First Djokovic dominates the Aussie Open Sunday...now Vlatko saves the day after a bomb goes off in his plane
    As a people we Serbs haven't had many good weeks in the last 700 years or so but this week ain't too bad

Bravo Unaci! Bravo Momci!
    Kosovo Je Srbija

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:51 PM
    Liked 1,126 Times in 617 Posts

A fall from 14,000 feet is fatal.

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 1,626 Times in 872 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by BlofeldsCat View Post
    A fall from 14,000 feet is fatal.
    Nah. It's the sudden stop.
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

13. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 1,387 Times in 761 Posts

Well...
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 11:35 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Icecream-man View Post
    Serbian pilot wooop wooop to a fellow Serb....move over Sully Sullenberger... ol' Vlatko is in the neighborhood now...landed a plane with a giant hole in it...fucked up
    First Djokovic dominates the Aussie Open Sunday...now Vlatko saves the day after a bomb goes off in his plane
    As a people we Serbs haven't had many good weeks in the last 700 years or so but this week ain't too bad

Bravo Unaci! Bravo Momci!
    Woop woop! Hey Vlatko and Sully...keep moving. Nothing to see here. Mimi Tompkins from Aloha Airlines checking in to show off my hole! Actually...hole isn't really a great word to use here.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/20...ocalnews1.html
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 1,626 Times in 872 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default Passenger Sucked Out of Plane at 14,000 Feet After Suspected Bomb Blasts Hole...

There was a TV movie made about the Aloha deal. I don't know how accurate it is but if half of it is true it's flippin incredible that anybody walked away.
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford