Favorite VH Album

fw/f^&
    Favorite VH Song

fw/5150
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:46 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 18 Posts

Default sometimes we need to let it go

This is my opinion and not meant to offend but I don’t understand the thinking in the group at times.

Let me explain.

We all know that at a certain age we stop doing things we may love to do , not because we want to per say but because age does not let us anymore. It is an accepted fact of life and it is not questioned by our peers.

But when it comes to this band hitting their 60s we can't accept this fact. When you hit a certain age your body can’t handle much as when you were young. I am in my forty’s and I can do things I could in my twenties due to car accidents. I accept that and so does my family.

But Eddie is in his sixty’s. He had does stuff to his body that would kill some of us, he also has had cancer that has reoccurred and Diverticulitis.(glen fry died of)My brother has had both and Diverticulitis is a problem that never goes away. He had the same surgery and to this day he has daily issues that are rough on him at times.
    So knowing our heroes are getting to age that their body’s maybe can’t take a tour like they used to.

THEY MAY LOOK GOOD FOR 2 HRS ON A STAGE BUT WE DON’T KNOW HOW THEY FEEL OFF THE STAGE. we may not know what they have to go through to make it through a tour.

And a lot of our musical heroes are dyeing between 60-70 lately. Due to the lifestyle of the rock star.

So instead of complaining that we need more albums or tours because we are being in denial of age or selfish. We should enjoy what we have gotten and if we get anything new from our favorite band it should be a enjoyable plus, like an unexpected present from a close friend
    Last edited by crazyjbn; 01.31.16 at 05:06 AM.
    DAVE vs SAMMY

People need to let this go.....it is like comparing an ex wife to your current wife...you can say how things would have be different if she were still here but she left you, so you moved on with your life.....

Same with Van Halen...would they have liked to have Roth stay, yes...but he decided to leave so they moved on.......

and the rest is history….. well until 1996……..lol

http://forums.delphiforums.com/strictlyace750

http://mybestpet.com/bskool/welcome.asp

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:34 AM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

It's never a given that your going to live to 90 and die in your sleep. Fact is most people have illness that lasts for years before you give up the ghost and most people especially men just don't make it to their 80s. I have seen the band tons of times I have no problem with them retiring if they want or doing one offs or what ever the f they want. They still look better booze, drugs, and cigs than most 60 yr olds.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:54 AM
    Liked 1,944 Times in 914 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjbn View Post
    So instead of complaining that we need more albums or tours because we are being in denial of age or selfish. We should enjoy what we have gotten and if we get anything new from our favorite band it should be a enjoyable plus, like an unexpected present from a close friend
    I get what you're saying, but first off, I'll speak for myself though I know a lot of people agree: Half of my complaining is in regards to new music, which can be done in studio... which Eddie does in his spare time regardless of what he decides to do with his broken down body. The other half of my complaining is for him to open the vaults and start selling the old tapes and films and whatever he has to the fans that paid for him to have the ability to half-retire at 60 and just sit around and play music and restore footage whenever he feels up to it. Again, the people we're talking about are the ones that paid most of the money to allow him to make the decision of whether he continues to perform for them or not. So it's fair for those people to ask for it. And again, I'm not asking him to ever leave 5150. He can be a recluse for all I care who releases an old tape every so often for his fans to re-live the glory days. And we'll even pay him for it.

Now, as far as those rigors of touring -- if they want to tour a new album to increase sales, make more money, or just to have some fun, fine. That's great too. But if they don't but do the above, I would have no problem with them all just saying they can't do it physically anymore and look forward to the CVH lineup one-off show in 2020 on Palladium or whenever.
    Last edited by DRFC; 01.31.16 at 06:25 AM.

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:49 AM
    Liked 11,757 Times in 6,514 Posts

Premium Member

This is my opinion and not meant to offend but I don’t understand the thinking in the group at times.

Let me explain.

We all know that at a certain age we stop doing things we may love to do , not because we want to per say but because age does not let us anymore. It is an accepted fact of life and it is not questioned by our peers.

But when it comes to this band hitting their 60s we can't accept this fact. When you hit a certain age your body can’t handle much as when you were young. I am in my forty’s and I can do things I could in my twenties due to car accidents. I accept that and so does my family.

But Eddie is in his sixty’s. He had does stuff to his body that would kill some of us, he also has had cancer that has reoccurred and Diverticulitis.(glen fry died of)My brother has had both and Diverticulitis is a problem that never goes away. He had the same surgery and to this day he has daily issues that are rough on him at times.
    So knowing our heroes are getting to age that their body’s maybe can’t take a tour like they used to.

THEY MAY LOOK GOOD FOR 2 HRS ON A STAGE BUT WE DON’T KNOW HOW THEY FEEL OFF THE STAGE. we may not know what they have to go through to make it through a tour.

And a lot of our musical heroes are dyeing between 60-70 lately. Due to the lifestyle of the rock star.

Glenn Frey had colitis, Eddie has Diverticulitis.

Colitis and diverticulitis are two similar inflammatory bowel conditions. Colitis develops as a result of inflammation of the large intestine, also called the colon. Diverticulitis is the inflammation of an abnormal pouch found in the intestines, commonly the large intestine, states MedlinePlus. These two inflammatory bowel conditions share similar symptoms but colitis is generally more severe.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/19...itis-symptoms/

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

I agree. I have accepted that I may have seen my last VH concert in Aug 2015. Even a 2 month summer tour like this last one might be too much for them in a couple of years. Eddie might be content now to just work on his own music in his studio (not intended for the public), jamming with his brother, and working on his line of products. Maybe once in a while they will do a special show or special appearance somewhere. My only expectation at this point would be this: let your fans know if you do want to retire, let us know whats going on so we arent going crazy speculating over every little things that happens, like the little twitter exchange between Ed and Sam. If they announce that they are retired, I can accept that. Neil Peart announced his retirement so we know Rush is over. Even if they just said something like, we are retired for now maybe one day we will do something fun, but thats it for us so dont expect anything....I dont know, something so your fans can have some kind of closure.

David Bowie, Lemmie, Glen Frey, Natalie Cole...all about the same age...we are losing a lot of special talent and the VH band members are all about that age now. Hell, Sam will be 70 soon. So yes I would say we need to adjust our expectations.

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

fw/f^&
    Favorite VH Song

fw/5150
    Last Online

simple mistake, don't be a moron about it my brother does have Diverticulitis and it can be bad for years after the surgery to repair
    DAVE vs SAMMY

People need to let this go.....it is like comparing an ex wife to your current wife...you can say how things would have be different if she were still here but she left you, so you moved on with your life.....

Same with Van Halen...would they have liked to have Roth stay, yes...but he decided to leave so they moved on.......

9. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

simple mistake, don't be a moron about it my brother does have Diverticulitis and it can be bad for years after the surgery to repair
    Wasn't being a moron at all. Too bad you took it that way.

The More You Know is a series of public service announcements(PSAs) broadcast on the NBC family of channels in the United States and other locations, featuring educational messages. These PSAs are broadcast regularly during NBC's programming in primetime, late night, and Saturday morning.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_More_You_Know
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 7,623 Times in 3,999 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Wasn't being a moron at all. Too bad you took it that way.

The More You Know is a series of public service announcements(PSAs) broadcast on the NBC family of channels in the United States and other locations, featuring educational messages. These PSAs are broadcast regularly during NBC's programming in primetime, late night, and Saturday morning.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_More_You_Know
    Stop with the insults!

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

fw/f^&
    Favorite VH Song

fw/5150
    Last Online

the more you know- your being a idiot
    DAVE vs SAMMY

14. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Ooooh, insults. Get a grip, dude.

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 7,623 Times in 3,999 Posts

"An idiot," not "a idiot."

17. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 07:06 AM
    Liked 16,542 Times in 9,376 Posts

In honor of Dibs' birthday, let's all remember that YOU'RE is the proper way to spell the contraction of YOU ARE.

The more you know ...
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

19. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:32 AM
    Liked 866 Times in 508 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

This sentence makes my teeth hurt.

21. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:04 AM
    Liked 6,971 Times in 5,007 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    In honor of Dibs' birthday, let's all remember that YOU'RE is the proper way to spell the contraction of YOU ARE.

The more you know ...
    Also, how about a video for "Spanked" while we're at it?
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 09:22 AM
    Liked 280 Times in 134 Posts

"you're", not "your"
    Sings like a bird. Rocks like a pig.

24. The Following Member Likes This Post: