Register
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:58 PM
    Liked 11,728 Times in 6,498 Posts

Premium Member

Default PHILIP ANSELMO Denies Being Racist After 'White Power' Shoutout At 'Dimebash' Event

Former PANTERA frontman Philip Anselmo has denied being racist after a new video surfaced of him giving the right-arm salute and yelling a white-supremacist slogan at a California concert.

Anselmo took part in last Friday's (January 22) Dimebash event at Lucky Strike Live in Hollywood and ended the show by giving what appeared to be a Nazi salute and screaming the words "white power" to the crowd.

A YouTube user by the name of Chris R posted a clip of Anselmo's end-of-concert gesture (see below) and added the following note below the video: "I originally cut this from my first post of 'Walk' but I feel people deserve to see this! A very sad moment and to me ruined the night! This is not what PANTERA is about!!! Absolutely uncalled for and I can see why Vinny Paul [sic] wants nothing to do with this man. Phil Anselmo you are a Racist prick!!"

After the clip started making the rounds earlier today, Anselmo himself responded to the controversy by adding the following comment below the video in question (posted from Anselmo's Housecore Records YouTube account): "Ok folks, I'll own this one, but dammit, I was joking, and the 'inside joke of the night' was because we were drinking fucking white wine, hahaha... Of all fucking things."

He added: "Some of y'all need to thicken up your skin. There's plenty of fuckers to pick on with a more realistic agenda.

"I fucking love everyone, I fucking loathe everyone, and that's that.

"No apologies from me.

"PHA '16"

This is not the first time Anselmo has made comments from the stage that have been perceived as racist. At a March 1995 PANTERA concert at Montreal's Verdun Auditorium, Anselmo babbled forth in a stream-of-consciousness rant, uttering statements that included "rap music advocates the killing of white people." The Montreal Gazette reported on the incident, causing an international flurry and resulting in Anselmo releasing an open apology, stating: "I must take responsibility for the harmful words that may have racially offended our audience. First, to the black girl who has seen PANTERA six times, thank you for telling me how upset you were at me; it made a difference and I was very sincere with my apology. Second, I'd once again like to apologize to the security guards at the show. They were classy and professional, and came to talk to me after the show when they really didn't need to at all. They opened my eyes. And yes, they were black men. I have much respect for them. I extend my apologies and a thank you to them."

In an August 2003 interview, Anselmo scoffed at the perception that he is racist. He said: "I'm anything fucking but. I know there's shitty people and beautiful people on both sides of the spectrum — black and white. And I know for an absolute fucking fact there's good Middle Eastern people who live here. And I know there's good Oriental people. But if I'm writing a song and it has to touch on the negatives of certain issues, I'm not gonna beat around the fucking bush and fence-ride — especially with SUPERJOINT [Anselmo's then-main band]. Before, with PANTERA, I had to be slightly careful. Now I don't. And I can see from the enthusiasm in the audiences that we're on our way to something extremely relevant — something on top of anywhere anybody thinks we might go".

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/phi...imebash-event/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:50 PM
    Liked 1,606 Times in 743 Posts

Premium Member

Not the first time he has done this. In fact its happened a lot including when he was in Pantera. There s an interview with him and Dime from around the time Vulgar was released talking about it. I think it was on an old Hard & Heavy video.

The guy is a dick, that's for damn sure.
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

3. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Classic ones
    Favorite VH Song

From RWTD to HOP
    Last Online

04.19.16 @ 12:51 PM
    Liked 25 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie5150 View Post
    The guy is a dick, that's for damn sure.
    Agreed! I still own and listen to a few great Pantera albuns. Yet Anselmo was never a fav vocal of mine - in a way, I think Yngwie was right about his feelings when he 1st listened to that guy singing.
    TT: "Wow, you can play acoustic guitar?"
    EVH: "Sure. What's the difference? It's got six strings... It's a guitar!" - 31.12.1978

"Van Halen is entertainment. Van Halen is entertainment delivered at maximum impact, but it's entertainment." DLR

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

He's not the only caught in this type of shit. Nikki Sixx called a black security guard a n****r while on stage then tried to backtrack.

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

6. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,106 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

WGAF
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:57 PM
    Liked 7,612 Times in 3,991 Posts

Phil, they are not pieces of furniture!

It's Asian, not "oriental."

9. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Classic VH
    Favorite VH Song

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

09.07.17 @ 12:48 PM
    Liked 154 Times in 110 Posts

There are exceptions to every rule

11. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

He is not one iota different than any other person that gets on stage and says,"______ power!" That being said I have heard him speak and he sounds like a pretty angry guy. Is anyone surprised?
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

I'd be angry too if I was that goddamn ugly.

14. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:24 AM
    Liked 11,543 Times in 4,918 Posts

Default PHILIP ANSELMO Denies Being Racist After 'White Power' Shoutout At 'Dimebash'...

He's a total douchebag (and a fat disgusting mess now too) but I'm still a fan of Pantera's music. They've got some great fucking tunes.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

16. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    He's not the only caught in this type of shit. Nikki Sixx called a black security guard a n****r while on stage then tried to backtrack.

Yeah, but Nikki did it once and that security guard was beating on a chick in the crowd (from memory) and Nikki ripped into him. That's no excuse for what he said, but you can kind of understand why he did it. He definitely wasn't on stage doing the Nazi salute. Big difference.
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

18. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:09 PM
    Liked 1,978 Times in 892 Posts

VOCABULARY is a huge part of the problem relating to misunderstood derogatory comments. The idea that if you despise and abhore one single particular segment of a specific culture......and speak your mind about it.....

All of a sudden you are considered a Racist. Full of hate against everybody.

Well no- That's not exactly a fair conclusion.

Look at Micheal Richards outburst. He was just pissed off at the time no big deal.

Axl's infamous lyrics from " One In A Million " speak VOLUMES. That song is perfect in every single way possible. Telling it like it is from a personal sincere heartfelt perspective of frustration. Wondering why the neighborhood has changed. Pissed off about it.

PROBLEM IS- There needs to be a new word to replace the traditional N word that describes Black folks who are gangster scumbags. Loud talking ignorant pieces of shit walking around like they ain't gotta care in the world. Threatening to kill people and shit. All those rap degenerates and street hustlers thiefs and pimps.

As well as the young suburban punks who look up to and emulate these scumbags. With their shitty attitude talking loud. " Yo Yo Wassup Yo Yo " all that hip hop slang vocabulary.

They can't simply say Yes or No.....They gotsta say Nah....or Yeah in that punk ass smirky way they say it.

That's just the tip of the iceberg.

So- I'll say straight up I truly do hate a whole lotta black people. Especially the younger ones......

But- I like and have nothing against the rest of the black folks who are perfectly normal devoid of the gangster punk scumbag stereotype. Which is presumably the majority.

But- If I say look at that piece of shit right there......

I'm considered to be a racist. Fuck that shit. I don't need to explain anything to anybody.

The " Race Card " is the most pathetic weak excuse for a whole lotta black folks. They throw it in your face all the time. Knowing in the political world they can use it to their advantage.

I say- Fuck it.

Who cares if someone misunderstood your comment. I'd rather speak my mind than bite my tounge because some piece of shit will point fingers at me.

Ran across this pic of Dimebag Darrell. Thought he looked like a geek but didn't know where to post it so I'll put it here.

" On a scale that ranges from deep dark depression to rip roaring fun ... most people idle between pissed off ...and not too pissed off " DLR 1997

" I am the danger ... I am the one who knocks " Walter White 2011

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie5150 View Post
    Yeah, but Nikki did it once and that security guard was beating on a chick in the crowd (from memory) and Nikki ripped into him. That's no excuse for what he said, but you can kind of understand why he did it. He definitely wasn't on stage doing the Nazi salute. Big difference.
    We'll agree to disagree there, Dutchie. I don't see any reason to bring the guy's race into it. A scumbag is a scumbag regardless of his race. It wouldn't have made a difference if the guy was a large Icelandic wrestler, that situation still would have been wrong.

21. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

Premium Member

Like I said, there was no excuse for Nikki to call the guy that, but shit happens in anger. You have a fight with the misses and the first words out of your mouth are usually slut or whore. You dont mean it but that's what happens. Nikki knew he fucked out straight away and tried to back out of it and he apologies in the media too.

Again, Nikki said it once. Phil is a repeat offended. Absolutely no excuse for that.

Favorite VH Album

all 7
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL & The Full Bug
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 09:09 PM
    Liked 1,978 Times in 892 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    I don't see any reason to bring the guy's race into it. A scumbag is a scumbag regardless of his race. It wouldn't have made a difference if the guy was a large Icelandic wrestler, that situation still would have been wrong.
    That's what I was referring to before because the scumbag of the situation is black it's not uncommon for regularly non racist folks to feebly and ignorantly use that word because theres no other equally derogatory substitute. So it becomes a catch 22 in the heat of the moment.

Which is why it's imperative to have a new word implemented to use in the proper context at any given time when appropriate.

I personally never use the N word because I like and admire so many black people from Hendrix to Eddie Murphy and regular cool folks. I would feel ashamed to use that word.

But nonetheless feel a shitload of overwhelming contempt for a whole lotta other black folks and have no viable sociably acceptable putdown to refer to them as such.

Here's a good example of traditional racism......

" On a scale that ranges from deep dark depression to rip roaring fun ... most people idle between pissed off ...and not too pissed off " DLR 1997

" I am the danger ... I am the one who knocks " Walter White 2011