Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:00 AM
    Liked 11,786 Times in 6,532 Posts

Premium Member

Default FBI Investigating Professor for Allegedly Recruiting for Islamic State.

Jan. 20, 2016

The FBI and the Department of Homeland Security are investigating Kent State University professor Dr. Julio Cesar Pino for his alleged involvement with the Islamic State, Kent Wired reported Tuesday evening.

A joint terrorism task force first conducted the investigation a year and a half ago, an FBI agent told Kent Wire.

The agent, who did not want to be named for safety reasons, assured the outlet, “There is no direct threat to the university.”

Agents interviewed several Kent State faculty members and more than 20 of Pino’s students Tuesday concerning his suspected involvement with the Islamic State.

Pino, an associate professor of history at Kent State specializing in Latin American History and the Third World, is also being investigated for allegedly recruiting students to join the Islamic State.

Some students shared their concern that the university was jumping to conclusions before the results of the investigation had been revealed.

“If there isn’t more proper research done on whether he is or is not involved in ISIS, then I feel like it is extremely discriminatory, and … that the University should not be posting his picture around, embarrassing him in front of his students,” Raishel Farrier, a sophomore at Kent State told Kent Wired.

“I feel the same way about it (as Raishel),” freshman Summer Bialko said, adding, “if he’s a different ethnicity, it could be considered racist.”

Other students, however, were concerned about the potential safety threat if the allegations were proven to be true.

“To be honest, it freaks me out,” sophomore Brianna Wise said. “It’s actually really scary — I’m kind of shocked.”

“It kind of makes it uneasy for me — this situation was so far away and now it’s right in the center of campus,” Adam Forrester, a Kent State sophomore, said.

Pino has denied all accusations.

http://www.kentwired.com/latest_upda...2571a8bf2.html
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...they-find-out/
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 01.20.16 at 12:01 PM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:29 AM
    Liked 18,174 Times in 8,983 Posts

We have not declared war on ISIS, as distasteful (and stupid) what he is accused of doing is to me, why is it illegal to recruit people to go to work for a foreign organization?
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:19 AM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

that dude's got the crazy eye and a hat handcrafted by his nana, plus it looks like he buttons his top button and those folks are always high strung types

of course the government needs to keep an eye on him
    Last edited by Daisy Hill; 01.20.16 at 09:44 PM.

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:32 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

He's not the only one in higher education in the USA who feels like this. I would hope kids drop his class and other profs who think like that. Shame he gets paid with dollars from hard working parents/students who save for life for a higher education.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.