Will Michael Anthony & David Lee Roth ever perform on stage together again? - Page 2
Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Likes Likes:  0
Save
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Full Bug
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

Today @ 02:01 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life Points

I think it would have been interesting if the timing of the Hall of Fame induction would have been either last year or right in the thick of the 2012 tour when VH was active and healthy and had no excuses (maybe if they had a 30 year rule instead of 25 or whatever)... obviously Ed didn't go because he was in rehab and Al wouldn't go without Ed... and then Dave was not offered to perform without the brothers attending (or did not want to sing YRGM with VR, whoever you want to believe) so he boycotted. But again, what if it were now. Clearly they could and probably would perform. But would they just have Wolfgang play while Mike watched? Would they both play? Sam and Dave share the stage? No performance? This might actually deserve it's own thread! It just got me thinking because that is one way it could have been forced on them.
    Last edited by DRFC; 01.12.16 at 12:45 PM.

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 03:31 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Yes.

It will be a VH show. Most likely a one off.

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 01:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by DRFC View Post
    I think it would have been interesting if the timing of the Hall of Fame induction would have been either last year or right in the thick of the 2012 tour when VH was active and healthy and had no excuses (maybe if they had a 30 year rule instead of 25 or whatever)... obviously Ed didn't go because he was in rehab and Al wouldn't go without Ed... and then Dave was not offered to perform without the brothers attending (or did not want to sing YRGM with VR, whoever you want to believe) so he boycotted. But again, what if it were now. Clearly they could and probably would perform. But would they just have Wolfgang play while Mike watched? Would they both play? Sam and Dave share the stage? No performance? This might actually deserve it's own thread! It just got me thinking because that is one way it could have been forced on them.
    See Deep Purple, that is about how I envision it would have gone in 2012 versus the earlier induction.
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Banned!

Posts Per Day
    Last Online

01.21.16 @ 09:53 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

No

Eruption
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

1984/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Panama/BoBW
    Last Online

06.18.20 @ 10:53 AM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Padawan PraiserVeteranWell-Liked5,000 VHL Life Points

I think it is far more likely for this to happen than it is for Mike to play with Eddie and Alex again.

6. bklynboy68, Harpospoke thanked for this post.
    Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 04:10 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!300,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 10after12 View Post
    How about not? I'll never understand why certain fans seem to think being the chosen one for that particular event is the "be all end all?" Enough already with that nonsense. It ain't happenin' period.

Should Dave and Mike perform together again? Well yeah, certainly they should. Hopefully, one of these days (preferably sooner rather than much later) Ed will get over his stupid grudge against Mike and see the light and give fans what they want. If he doesn't, then they never close out their career properly, case closed.

Unfortunately, I might add
    I'm pretty sure Little Dreamer was being sarcastic at Eddymon's expense.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Today @ 01:54 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Dave and Mike have no ill will between them so there may be a chance in the future.

Who knows?
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Light Up The Sky
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 03:31 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!100,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Dave and Mike have no ill will between them so there may be a chance in the future.

Who knows?
    What if Mike showed up at a EEAS show and got up on stage?

Would that be the end of Dave?

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life Points
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    What if Mike showed up at a EEAS show and got up on stage?

Would that be the end of Dave?
    Ha! That would be something.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Mean Street
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

Today @ 04:10 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!300,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable
    Awards:
    The VHLinks Forum MVP

There may not be any ill will between them now, but I've heard that Dave and Mike were never exactly close.
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" - Todd Wagner

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Everybody Wants Some!!

Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    The Keyboard Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    There may not be any ill will between them now, but I've heard that Dave and Mike were never exactly close.
    Neither were Sam and Mike until Sam got booted. Point is, people change. Both Dave and Mike have been complimentary towards each other in recent years. Mike used to go into Dave's dressing room during the Sam & Dave tour. Remember Mike's story about how he went in to his room and gave Dave shit for not being able to make the 2000 reunion work?

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:31 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingSupremely-Liked

Dave instinctively knew that if he got onstage with Mike and Sam in 02, he'd never be in Van Halen again. He was happy to do the gig, but he wasn't going to gang up on the brothers with them.

He obviously has a lot more respect for Mike than he does Sam. No love lost between those two ha ha

To paraphrase Dave speaking of Mike (and Ed/Al): "We did it, and you were there...

Sam, you were not there."

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Last Online

Today @ 02:31 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Premium Member
    Achievements:
    Master PraiserVHLinks Proud!25,000 VHL Life PointsThee KingSupremely-Liked

I don't think Dave and Mike will ever share a stage again, unless Ed is no longer around (God forbid; I hope he has many more years along with all the others).

Soclal Media Manager
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

Today @ 01:22 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    Master PraiserSupremely-LikedElite Daily PosterVHLinks Proud!200,000 VHL Life PointsKnight Of Da Roundtable

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    I think all of that is overblown. All you see from the 1974 to 1985 period are pictures and videos of guys having the times of their lives. Unless they are all the greatest actors in the world, they got along fine until the end.

They were with each other almost every day for ten years, I am sure there were plenty of ups and downs, but I don't for one second buy that they all didn't get along. If they did, they wouldn't have been so mad at DLR for leaving, they would have been more like "thank God!".
    If I don't respond to you it means I have you on ignore, which means you are a douchenozzle.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

A man's rights rests in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

Top Of The World
    Posts Per Day
    Favorite VH Album

FAIR WARNING
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies & Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

05.21.20 @ 04:56 PM
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Achievements:
    VeteranMaster PraiserSupremely-LikedVHLinks Proud!50,000 VHL Life Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    I think all of that is overblown. All you see from the 1974 to 1985 period are pictures and videos of guys having the times of their lives. Unless they are all the greatest actors in the world, they got along fine until the end.

They were with each other almost every day for ten years, I am sure there were plenty of ups and downs, but I don't for one second buy that they all didn't get along. If they did, they wouldn't have been so mad at DLR for leaving, they would have been more like "thank God!".
    I think it was a bit of everything... pretty good acting when needed (at least after a certain point 1980/81?).. but they did truly have good times it would seem from the pics/vids during the full ride.

And no doubt Dave bugged 'em after a while just how he is, being together every day on tour. We all probably know someone like him, only able to handle in small doses ;-)