Runnin' With The Devil / 5:35
    ONE Way To Rock
    Dreams 7:45
    Don't Tell Me 6:51
    Panama 9:11

Disc 2 Time - 51:48

Total Show Time - 2:00:53

Notes

The title of this SET is a spoof of Magic Mountain 1977.
    The source is an excellent audience RECORDING transferred from analog tape to CD-R.
    Includes the original radio promo aired on the radio.
    All instruments are WELL balanced and the audience noise does not interfere with the sound quality.
    Sammy is blown away when he stops singing "Can't Stop Lovin' You" for the audience to join and hears how many people are singing. Then says "Hey, that was the loudest anyone has ever sang that song, and we've PLAYED for 100,000 people since that album came out!!"
    Sammy starts his acoustic set by playing around on the acoustic guitar, then says "This is the Pocono Mountains or some shit like that. So, this is Pennsylvania, right? Well, I got a really serious question for you people. Did they raise the speed limit in this state yet? Now, I don't like to go around taking credit for everything that happens, but I WORKED ON that shit for 10 years!!!" Then starts jamming I Can't Drive 55 acoustically.
    The band jams the intro of Runnin' With The Devil into ONE Way To Rock

Download Here;
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/VOAVHBOO...#entry22152583

Total Show Time - 2:00:53

Notes

The title of this SET is a spoof of Magic Mountain 1977.
    The source is an excellent audience RECORDING transferred from analog tape to CD-R.
    Includes the original radio promo aired on the radio.
    All instruments are WELL balanced and the audience noise does not interfere with the sound quality.
    Sammy is blown away when he stops singing "Can't Stop Lovin' You" for the audience to join and hears how many people are singing. Then says "Hey, that was the loudest anyone has ever sang that song, and we've PLAYED for 100,000 people since that album came out!!"
    Sammy starts his acoustic set by playing around on the acoustic guitar, then says "This is the Pocono Mountains or some shit like that. So, this is Pennsylvania, right? Well, I got a really serious question for you people. Did they raise the speed limit in this state yet? Now, I don't like to go around taking credit for everything that happens, but I WORKED ON that shit for 10 years!!!" Then starts jamming I Can't Drive 55 acoustically.
    The band jams the intro of Runnin' With The Devil into ONE Way To Rock.

Download Here;

According to Ian Christe's book, Everybody Wants Some: The Van Halen Saga, Balance was Van Halen’s tenth album and was released amid internal fighting between Sammy Hagar and Eddie and Alex Van Halen. The band worked eight-hour days for three weeks recording the album. The first song on the record, "The Seventh Seal", features mystical overtones that came, in part, from Eddie’s newfound sobriety. His therapist, Sat-Kaur Khalsa, urged him to relax and imagine where he was after drinking a six-pack of beer. After smoking cigarettes, drinking beer, and playing guitar for twenty years, he tried writing songs sober and wrote three songs in one half hour period. The album then moves into Sammy’s territory with "Can’t Stop Lovin’ You". This song was taken from his ex-wife’s point of view, believing that she was still in love with him. The band saw more success with its hard rock genre as seen in the album’s song, "Aftershock". The band was unable, however, to continue their successes from their early days much longer as Michael Anthony now had two daughters and was not as able to work with the band when needed. Along with Michael’s inability to drop everything when asked, Sammy no longer enjoyed working. He began only showing up for two hours in the afternoon. The band managed to pull everything together, though, and the album reached number 1; their fourth consecutive number one studio album.[6]

Most of the Balance album was recorded at Eddie Van Halen's 5150 Studios, located in Studio City, except for five lead vocal tracks which were recorded in Vancouver, where the album's producer Bruce Fairbairn resided. It was mixed by Mike Fraser and mastered at Sterling Sound, New York, by George Marino.

Following the recording of Balance and its subsequent Ambulance Tour (the band renamed the "balance" tour to the "ambulance tour" because Eddie was having hip issues and brother Alex had to wear a neck brace [7]), Van Halen's second incarnation broke up. Regarding this time period, in 1997, Eddie Van Halen told Guitar World: "There had been a variety of conflicts brewing between Sammy and the band since I quit drinking on October 2, 1994... It got so bad that I actually started drinking again."

http://www.mediafire.com/download/43...NTAIN+1995.rar

"The Seventh Seal" kicks off the album. Complete with chanting monks and dangling metal bells, the song unveiled a vast, open, U2-like guitar wall that propelled through the darkest terrain the band ever tackled.[8] As a side note Eddie revealed in 2012 that "The Seventh Seal" was written before Van Halen became a band.[9]

"Amsterdam" was written about the capital city of Eddie and Alex Van Halen's country of birth; their actual birthplace being the town of Nijmegen, further to the east. Eddie is on record in Guitar World as saying, "I always hated the words to 'Wham, Bam Amsterdam', from Balance, because they were all about smoking pot. They were just stupid. Lyrics should plant some sort of seed for thought, or at least be a little more metamorphical."[10]

During The Balance tour show in Pensacola, Florida, Hagar stated that "Take Me Back (Déjà Vu)" was "a true story". The song itself features a then almost 20-year-old riff Eddie had previously used on a song entitled "No More Waiting" which the band played on occasion in the pre-Van Halen I era.[11]

Download Here;

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:40 AM
    Liked 6,969 Times in 5,005 Posts

Premium Member

Interesting linear notes from the Balance album era.
    I enjoyed reading that stuff again. Thanks!
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Don't Tell Me
    Last Online

03.23.17 @ 07:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    Interesting linear notes from the Balance album era.
    I enjoyed reading that stuff again. Thanks!
    I was at this show!