Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Default Governor of Maine worried women will get impregnated by out of state drug dealers

They're named things like D-Money and Smoothie and they come to Maine and rape the white wimmin

It's cold up there, and aside from snow shoeing and Moose punching, not much to do I guess.....so I suppose they watch a lot of Mannix repeats and obsess over the drug dealers who are stacking up at the state line

Paul LePage Insists His Drug Remarks Weren't Racist Because 'Maine Is Essentially All White'
    The governor said men with names like "D-Money" come to the state and "impregnate a young white girl before they leave."
    01/08/2016 11:12 am ET
    Amanda Terkel
    Senior Political Reporter, The Huffington Post

Maine Gov. Paul LePage (R) held a press conference Friday to stop some of the damage from his recent comments about heroin dealers, insisting he was not being racist when he said that men with names like "D-Money" come to the state and "impregnate a young white girl before they leave."
    "I apologize again," LePage told reporters, saying he "slipped up." "My brain was slower than my mouth."
    During a town hall meeting Wednesday, LePage told constituents that Maine needs to beef up enforcement in order to address the state's heroin crisis. He said there were traffickers coming from Connecticut and New York with names like "D-Money, Smoothie, Shifty" who "come up here, they sell their heroin and they go back home.
    "Incidentally, half the time they impregnate a young white girl before they leave, which is a real sad thing because then we have another issue that we've got to deal with down the road," he added.
    The comments quickly went national, with the media calling them "racist" or, at the very least, "racially charged." Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign even weighed in, saying they were "racist rants."
    LePage, however, said Friday that his remarks had nothing to do with race.
    "I tried to explain that Maine is essentially all white," he said. "I should have said 'Maine women.'"
    According to the Census Bureau, Maine is 95 percent white, which is a far higher percentage than the country at large.
    LePage also said he didn't intend to imply that people with names like "Smoothie" were black.
    "I never said anything about white or black on traffickers. ... What are they, black? I don't know. I just read the names," he said.

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 10,881 Times in 5,726 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    They're named things like D-Money and Smoothie and they come to Maine and rape the white wimmin

It's cold up there, and aside from snow shoeing and Moose punching, not much to do I guess.....so I suppose they watch a lot of Mannix repeats and obsess over the drug dealers who are stacking up at the state line

Paul LePage Insists His Drug Remarks Weren't Racist Because 'Maine Is Essentially All White'
    The governor said men with names like "D-Money" come to the state and "impregnate a young white girl before they leave."
    01/08/2016 11:12 am ET
    Amanda Terkel
    Senior Political Reporter, The Huffington Post

Maine Gov. Paul LePage (R) held a press conference Friday to stop some of the damage from his recent comments about heroin dealers, insisting he was not being racist when he said that men with names like "D-Money" come to the state and "impregnate a young white girl before they leave."
    "I apologize again," LePage told reporters, saying he "slipped up." "My brain was slower than my mouth."
    During a town hall meeting Wednesday, LePage told constituents that Maine needs to beef up enforcement in order to address the state's heroin crisis. He said there were traffickers coming from Connecticut and New York with names like "D-Money, Smoothie, Shifty" who "come up here, they sell their heroin and they go back home.
    "Incidentally, half the time they impregnate a young white girl before they leave, which is a real sad thing because then we have another issue that we've got to deal with down the road," he added.
    The comments quickly went national, with the media calling them "racist" or, at the very least, "racially charged." Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign even weighed in, saying they were "racist rants."
    LePage, however, said Friday that his remarks had nothing to do with race.
    "I tried to explain that Maine is essentially all white," he said. "I should have said 'Maine women.'"
    According to the Census Bureau, Maine is 95 percent white, which is a far higher percentage than the country at large.
    LePage also said he didn't intend to imply that people with names like "Smoothie" were black.
    "I never said anything about white or black on traffickers. ... What are they, black? I don't know. I just read the names," he said.
    Idiot. And Republicans wonder why they have problems attracting minority voters...
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 866 Times in 508 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I thought I read somewhere that he has an adopted son who is black. It doesn't excuse what he said, but if true it adds another dimension to it.

Atomic Punk Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 10,881 Times in 5,726 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCrappy View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that he has an adopted son who is black. It doesn't excuse what he said, but if true it adds another dimension to it.
    I just can't understand why he wouldn't say "they come and impregnate our young women and then leave."

Why the "white" modifier? So if they impregnate a young black woman and leave it's okay?
    The only genre I really know is Van Halen.

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:36 AM
    Liked 16,544 Times in 9,378 Posts

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

7. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:05 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

"The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Get The Show On The Road View Post
    I just can't understand why he wouldn't say "they come and impregnate our young women and then leave."

Why the "white" modifier? So if they impregnate a young black woman and leave it's okay?
    when 95% of the state is white, it seems deliberate to describe the "at risk" women as "white"

and frankly, it's an insult to the women of Maine to portray them as succumbing to some exotic stranger named Smoothie

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.14.17 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 753 Times in 498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Coulda Hada VH View Post
    Hahaha. When I saw it on he news, first thing I thought of.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

I have no idea what the demographic is there now, but my understanding is that my hometown has more than its share of heroin junkies and meth heads.

Our knowledge of "black" people came from "Sanford & Son", "The Jeffersons" and "Good Times". I can't even imagine what things were like in the northern part of the state.

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 866 Times in 508 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

It looks like he's just another politician who says some dumb things once in awhile.

Maine governor sorry for remark about 'young white' girls

AUGUSTA, Maine — Republican Gov. Paul LePage apologized Friday for his remark about out-of-state drug dealers impregnating "young white" girls, calling it a slip of the tongue and saying he didn't mean to inject race into discussion of Maine's heroin epidemic.

LePage blamed reporters for unfairly focusing on the slip-up in which he described the drug dealers as "guys with the name D-Money, Smoothie, Shifty" and added, "Half the time they impregnate a young white girl before they leave."

"I was going impromptu, and my brain didn't catch up to my mouth. Instead of 'Maine women,' I said 'white women,'" said LePage, who's white. He noted that, according to the census, Maine is the nation's whitest state.

When asked if the nicknames for the drug dealers imply they are black, LePage replied, "I don't know where they're from. I don't know if they're white, black, Asian."

He also chastised the assembled reporters, saying, "Get your heads out of the sand, please." He added: "I probably couldn't get so many of you here without saying something foolish."

The governor's comment Wednesday evening in Bridgton drew criticism from Maine and beyond after a Republican activist called attention to it a day later.

The Bridgton event was a town hall-style meeting in which the governor was asked about Maine's drug epidemic. He has previously talked about out-of-state drug dealers being the major supplier of heroin in Maine, but this time added the comment about drug dealers impregnating women.

Democratic state Sen. Linda Valentino said after LePage's news conference that she doesn't think LePage is racist but that the comment was.

"The fact that he wasn't thinking about what he said is more disturbing than what he said," Valentino said. "This shows how he really feels."

The president of the NAACP's Bangor chapter, Michael Alpert, also called the remarks "sad" and "foolish" on Thursday.

LePage is known for speaking his mind, and it sometimes gets him into trouble. He's also in the midst of an unrelated drive by political opponents to punish him for his actions that led an organization to rescind a job offer to Democratic House Speaker Mark Eves.

LePage has said on the campaign trail that he'd tell President Barack Obama to "go to hell," and soon after he was elected to his first term, he told the Portland chapter of the NAACP to "kiss my butt." He previously likened the IRS to the Gestapo, called protesters "idiots" and said a political foe liked to "give it to the people without Vaseline."

LePage said Friday that his "kiss my butt" remark was mischaracterized. He also said he's passionate about addressing the state's drug problem. Maine was on pace for a record year for drug overdose deaths in 2015; the final figures have not yet been tallied.

"I made a mistake and I'm not perfect, but I will not stop correcting myself and bringing the issue at hand: drugs, drugs and more drugs," he said. "We have people dying. We have families being destroyed."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...d=ansmsnnews11

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:04 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts

Premium Member

I'm pretty sure this politician also claims to be anti abortion while he paid a mistress to have an abortion.
    Last edited by rocknblues81; 01.09.16 at 07:07 PM.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:36 AM
    Liked 16,544 Times in 9,378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    I'm pretty sure this politician also claims to be anti abortion while he paid a mistress to have an abortion.
    Maybe he just has a really bad memory ...
    "It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:04 AM
    Liked 1,483 Times in 1,012 Posts

Premium Member

Damn it, no.... That was Republican Scott DesJarlais.

It's hard to tell these guys apart.
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    I have no idea what the demographic is there now, but my understanding is that my hometown has more than its share of heroin junkies and meth heads.
    I actually made sweet love with a gal from Maine. Back in the day obviously. She wasn't keen with a razor. But she did like to talk a god damn lot about winter carb and how I was odd about that. And when she would shut the fuck up, she couldn't wrap her head around how big Texas is. Sweet gal. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

19. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,338 Times in 3,184 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Daisy, women getting impregnated by out of state drug dealers is a clear and present danger. I lie awake at night thinking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using swagger

21. The Following Member Likes This Post: