Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Crazy Stub Hub story....

One person sells four tickets to a random NBA game, transaction is complete - but weeks later it's no longer just a random NBA game and now the tickets are worth more way more - Stub Hub then cancels the completed order...

http://www.theleadsports.com/the-sur...er-a-kobe-fan/
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:58 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

"The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

3. The Following 6 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:54 PM
    Liked 650 Times in 369 Posts

That's unreal. I would lose my shit
    Cabo x 20
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:03 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member

Wow! Well they did give the guy a $100 coupon.

I guess buried underneath somewhere in the fine print is legalese allowing stub hub to do this. I wonder if he had actually taken physical possession of the tix, which I guess he didn't have, would they have been allowed to do this?

I've never actually used stub hub, always found their prices quite high. I have used other outlets tho.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:58 PM
    Liked 2,232 Times in 1,350 Posts

wow, so the system is, once you have paid asking price for the tickets, until you have them in hand, they are not really yours?

so when the seller backs out, Stub hub gets compensated, but the buyer usually only gets money back (altho in this case they gave him $100 credit?)

can those same tickets then be shown listed again on Stub hub?

I would be talking to a class action lawyer, because obviously this happened before and they did nothing to protect buyers from getting caught in the trap again....so to me that says they did not, because it benefits Stubhub

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 12:45 AM
    Liked 11,549 Times in 4,920 Posts

Default Crazy Stub Hub story....

This was expected after Kobe announced his retirement. Laker season seats are very expensive so if these guys can sell them for more they'll screw anyone over they can and StubHub will help. Ridiculous.

No normal person can afford to see his last season. I wanted to go to but then he announced he was retiring and that was that.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:51 PM
    Liked 3,108 Times in 1,820 Posts

Premium Member

I wonder what Stub Hub's policy is on getting tickets to people. I mean, if he had the tickets in hand, it's a no brainer--you don't give them back. But if he didn't, then why had a month gone by and he hadn't gotten them?

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:52 PM
    Liked 623 Times in 291 Posts

This is just awful....never mind the fact your already paying above "face value" though StubHub and then they go and do this.
    VH RULES!
    21 Shows Attended 1993-2015

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    This was expected after Kobe announced his retirement. Laker season seats are very expensive so if these guys can sell them for more they'll screw anyone over they can and StubHub will help. Ridiculous.

No normal person can afford to see his last season. I wanted to go to but then he announced he was retiring and that was that.
    This. I wanted to see him live one more time but once he made the announcement it all went to shit. What Stub Hub did here is deplorable and this guy should go to the mountain top and scream about it until he gets those tickets back.
    "Alcoholism, is like, the only disease you can get yelled at for having" - Mitch
    Hedberg

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

To be fair, the seller reneged and Stub Hub's policy doesn't account for situations like these, right? I mean, it's the seller who wanted to make way more money, right?

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:54 PM
    Liked 650 Times in 369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    To be fair, the seller reneged and Stub Hub's policy doesn't account for situations like these, right? I mean, it's the seller who wanted to make way more money, right?
    True but if I bought tickets and the charges went thru the next day, I would think these are my tickets and there is no way the seller can change their mind.
    Cabo x 20
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by cabomiro View Post
    True but if I bought tickets and the charges went thru the next day, I would think these are my tickets and there is no way the seller can change their mind.
    I would agree if I had tickets in hand/downloaded. But if the tickets haven't been sent to me...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:58 PM
    Liked 2,232 Times in 1,350 Posts

the guy bought the tickets November 11th and stub hub contacted him on December 15th to tell him the sale wasn't going thru

I don't know the Universal Commercial Code for whatever state this guy (or Stub Hub) is in, but it is generally accepted that you can unilaterally revoke a contract within a reasonable amount of time. Is more than 30 days a reasonable amount of time? I don't think so. and considering that they were only revoked when the prices spiked to me seems even more of a fraud.

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

Found the applicable fine print.

User agreement:

1. Using StubHub
    . . .
    Commitment to supply

By listing a ticket for sale, you are making a binding offer to sell that ticket to a Buyer who purchases the ticket for the price you have specified. When a Buyer accepts your offer by purchasing your ticket through our Site or Services, you are contractually bound to deliver that exact ticket for the specified price and within the required delivery timeframe. You are obligated to monitor your inventory and ensure all listings are accurate. Under no circumstances may Sellers cancel orders at one price and repost the same tickets for a higher price [emphasis mine]. Failure to fulfill your orders will lead to charges as stated in the Seller Policies.

So it looks like if the seller did cancel, they can't use StubHub to sell the same tickets at a higher price.

Seller Policies

The Rules For Getting Tickets To Buyers
    . . .
    Reporting an issue and offering replacement tickets

We know things don't always go as planned - and there's a chance that your tickets will sell and you won't be able to deliver them as promised. If you can't send the tickets when required based on your In-Hand Date, if you need to offer replacements, or if you can't deliver the tickets at all, you need to 'report an issue' right away by following the 'Report an Issue' link in the email or by clicking the 'Report an Issue' link on the 'Open sales' tab in My Account.

Here are a few things to keep in mind:
    . . .
    *If your tickets have sold but you cannot fulfill the order (also referred to as 'dropping a sale' or a 'dropped sale'), StubHub may charge your payment method an amount equal to 20% of the price of the ticket sold to compensate us for the losses we incur to meet our obligations under the FanProtectTM Guarantee. In some cases involving dropped sales that result in unusually large losses to StubHub (for example, dropped sales involving large numbers of tickets or tickets with significant price appreciation), however, StubHub reserves the right in its sole discretion to charge your payment method the full amount of the replacement costs StubHub incurs under the FanProtectTM Guarantee (including costs in excess of 20% of the ticket price).
    . . .
    *StubHub monitors the frequency and rate at which you drop sales as compared to your total sales (your 'dropped order rate') and we reserve the right, upon notice to you, to suspend your account if we determine that your dropped order rate has exceeded an acceptable level. Similarly, if you abuse the StubHub marketplace as determined by StubHub in its sole discretion including, without limitation, (i) dropping orders at one price and relisting the same tickets for higher prices; (ii) engaging in speculative listings or (iii) other similar abuses of your obligations as a seller, you may be subject to an investigation and any applicable consequences.

Sounds like this is just such a rare occurrence that if the seller wants to do this, they can, and they can get away with it. Not certain what could really be done, and it is hard to fault the seller for wanting to sell them for $6000, not $900, especially when they still had the tickets in hand and it still made financial sense with the cancellation policy.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Im sorry if Im being a prick here but if I hadnt received my tickets in over a week Id be raising hell with StubHub.

This guy should have known that if the tickets arent in your hand...even though you "paid for them" electronically, on-line...then they're not your tickets. I know it sucks, but he should have been raising flags when he didn't have his tickets within a week.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel