Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:58 PM
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,349 Posts

Default Armed militia, Bundy brothers take over federal building in rural Oregon

this is going to end badly, I fear
    FROM MSN>COM
    An armed militia took over a building at a national wildlife refuge in Oregon late Saturday and vows to occupy the outpost for years to protest the federal government’s treatment of a pair of ranchers facing prison time.

The occupation of a portion of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge 30 miles southeast of Burns, Ore., followed a peaceful march for ranchers Dwight Hammond, 73, and Steven Hammond, 46, who are scheduled to report to federal prison in San Pedro, Calif., on Monday after being convicted of arson, according to the Oregonian.

Prosecutors said the father and son set the fire, which burned about 130 acres in 2001 on leased federal land, to conceal poaching, according to CNN. The Hammonds argued that they were attempting to reduce the growth of invasive plant species and ward off potential wildfires. The pair was sentenced to five years in prison.

Among the occupiers are several members of the Bundy family, whose patriarch — Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy — was involved in an armed standoff with government agents over grazing rights in 2014.

Ammon Bundy told the Oregonian that he and two of his brothers had joined dozens of people in seizing the refuge’s headquarters.

The federal property, managed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, was closed and unoccupied for the holiday weekend, the Oregonian reported.

.The group is calling for the Hammonds’ release and said the militia was planning an occupation that lasted “for years.”

“The best possible outcome is that the ranchers that have been kicked out of the area, then they will come back and reclaim their land, and the wildlife refuge will be shut down forever and the federal government will relinquish such control,” Ryan Bundy told the Oregonian. “What we’re doing is not rebellious. What we’re doing is in accordance with the Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land.”

The Malheur National Wildlife Refuge was established on August 18, 1908 by President Theodore Roosevelt “as a preserve and breeding ground for native birds,” according to the park’s website.

“The Refuge represents a crucial stop along the Pacific Flyway and offers resting, breeding, and nesting habitat for hundreds of migratory birds and other wildlife,” a statement on the site says. “Many of the species migrating through or breeding here are highlighted as priority species in national bird conservation plans.”

In a video interview with reporters on Saturday that was posted on Ammon Bundy’s Facebook page, he said the group is standing up against government “overreach” because “the people have been abused long enough.”

“I feel we are in a situation where if we do not do something, if we do not take a hard stand, we’ll be in a position where we’ll be no longer able to do so,” he said.

A video posted days earlier on Bundy’s Facebook page urged militia members from all over the country to join him:
    Last edited by Daisy Hill; 01.03.16 at 12:15 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:58 PM
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,349 Posts

Last edited by Daisy Hill; 01.03.16 at 12:21 PM.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:44 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

Can't wait to see how this is spun right into odummy's gun grab executive action next week.
    I too believe this will end badly but the debates it will set off will be highly informative.
    Last edited by Dick Punch; 01.03.16 at 12:37 PM.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:07 PM
    Liked 1,853 Times in 811 Posts

This should end badly, I can't believe we have devolved as a society so much, that people are actually cheering about armed ranchers leading an assault on a government building with guns as a form of protest.
    How this is perceived as anything less than a terrorist action is beyond me.
    What's next, they march into a mall and hold people hostage to protest pricing at the GAP, I beginning to become ashamed of my country and the new beliefs people are adopting

Regarding the gun debate, I own a gun a firmly believe in that right, however it should be more difficult to get a gun than a fishing license, sadly it is not

How anyone can not be in support of an in depth background check for every gun purchase is ridiculous

If you aren't is support of that, than you are probably one of the people that should be denied a gun and I am more than okay with that

Signaled from my ballsack

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:05 PM
    Liked 11,743 Times in 6,505 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Streets View Post
    How anyone can not be in support of an in depth background check for every gun purchase is ridiculous
    You make it sound so simple, dude. You know, or should know, that there's a bit more to it than that. Nobody is against background checks.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Eruption
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    You make it sound so simple, dude. You know, or should know, that there's a bit more to it than that. Nobody is against background checks.
    Except for the people that keep voting against it.
    I get that people are scared of opening Pandora's box, but every time a bill is proposed mandating that, it gets voted down or so many Ryder's are attached to it, or it simply not put up for a vote.

And there are people that are against ANY change in ANY gun law, in fact some of them just took over a Federal building

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:02 PM
    Liked 6,673 Times in 3,698 Posts

White lunatics = militia. Coloured lunatics = terrorists.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

9. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Streets View Post
    Except for the people that keep voting against it.
    I get that people are scared of opening Pandora's box, but every time a bill is proposed mandating that, it gets voted down or so many Ryder's are attached to it, or it simply not put up for a vote.
    Because the bills are BULLSHIT. Background checks are there. What they seek is to regulate the 2nd amendment away.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Eruption
    Last Online

Because the bills are BULLSHIT. Background checks are there. What they seek is to regulate the 2nd amendment away.
    Well the second amendment does start with
    "A well regulated militia"

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Why are the two sides unwilling to agree to legitimate background checks while leaving the rest of the stuff out of potential laws?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:29 PM
    Liked 7,838 Times in 4,574 Posts

Premium Member

Mental health evaluations should be mandatory for all.

Privacy laws be damned. You wanna gun? Ok...submit to interviews and a comprehensive look into background. This may take months or even a year.

Sorry, law-abiding folks. You may have to wait but you'll get your guns.

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    Why are the two sides unwilling to agree to legitimate background checks while leaving the rest of the stuff out of potential laws?

We have legitimate background checks already. What the left has a problem with are private sales. They don't like that gun shows allow some private vendors to set up tables and sell their firearms. Most of these are antiques , but there are used modern guns also. By attacking this they give the illusion that they're doing something and they get to criminalize the private sale of a firearm to your grandma, for example.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Mental health evaluations should be mandatory for all.

Privacy laws be damned. You wanna gun? Ok...submit to interviews and a comprehensive look into background. This may take months or even a year.

Sorry, law-abiding folks. You may have to wait but you'll get your guns.
    Um, no. This is already being abused by our government with veterans.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:29 PM
    Liked 7,838 Times in 4,574 Posts

Premium Member

Um, no. This is already being abused by our government with veterans.
    Are they crazy?

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

We have legitimate background checks already. What the left has a problem with are private sales. They don't like that gun shows allow some private vendors to set up tables and sell their firearms. Most of these are antiques , but there are used modern guns also. By attacking this they give the illusion that they're doing something and they get to criminalize the private sale of a firearm to your grandma, for example.
    Are the gun show private sales a legitimate problem or just a red herring?