Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:02 AM
    Liked 11,776 Times in 6,523 Posts

Premium Member

Default Muslim ACLU Official: I Emphatically Refuse to Condemn Islamic Terrorism

Aah, screw it. Maybe we are just fucked as a country once and for all. When you couple this with people actually thinking it's a good idea to give up our sovereignty, it looks mighty bleak for freedom doesn't it?

Rana Elmir, an American Muslim and deputy director of the ACLU of Michigan, says that she emphatically refuses to condemn jihadist terrorists just because Im Muslim.

In her provocativearticlein MondaysWashington Post, Elmir claims that she is often asked to condemn Islamic terrorism, to which she replies: I emphatically refuse. https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...use-im-muslim/

She then goes on to compare the systematic slaughters wrought under the name of Islamic terrorism with the terror advanced by mostly white men at the alarming rate of one mass killing every two weeks in this country.

Elmir draws a parallel between the Islamic State and Dylann Storm Roofs attack on parishioners of a historic black church in South Carolina, Robert Dears attack on a Planned Parenthood facility, the murder of 20 children at Sandy Hook Elementary School, and the slaughter of moviegoers in Colorado or Louisiana.

I will not be bullied into condemning terror perpetrated by psychopaths who misrepresent and distort Islam for their deranged purposes, she wrote.

Muslims across the globe are not threats. They are threatened, she wrote.

As an example of the terror experienced by Muslims, Elmir recounts how an American Muslim woman who wears hijab spoke to me of a paralyzing fear she feels every time she leaves the house. Not exactly having your throat slit, but one can see her point. Sort of.

Elmir argues that Muslims contribute to our own oppression by erroneously believing that if we just apologize, then the anti-Muslim rhetoric will end.

Condemnation, she says, becomes our admission of guilt.

For all their faults, one cannot help but wonder what the response of Christian leaders would be if a renegade sect claiming to be Christian began carrying out atrocities in the name of Jesus. If a so-called Christian Caliphate were to arise, gobbling up territory, demolishing historic monuments, executing non-Christians, raping non-Christian women, and slitting the throats of apostates while citing Gospel texts, would Christians be silent, afraid to denounce such actions carried out in the name of the Prince of Peace?

Perhaps, but probably not. More likely they would scramble to disassociate themselves from actions that were so egregiously unchristian.

Would the condemnation of such horrific actions be an admission of guilt? Hardly.

On November 21, several hundred Muslims came from all over Italy to protest the actions of the Islamic State in a publicmanifestationin Rome, calling ISIS a cancer and insisting that it did not represent the position of Islam.

The rally took place under the title of Not in My Name as a public refutation of ISIS as representative of the majority of Muslims, while another similar protest was taking place in the northern Italian city of Milan.

At intervals the protesterschanted, No ISIS, no terrorism. A large banner read: ISIS is a cancer on the body of Islam. What they did is an attack on the entire community.

It is our duty to assume a clear, non-negotiable position against the promoters of terrorism. Its the duty of every Muslim to condemn violence and terrorism, and in this Muslims must assume their responsibility, announced the secretary general of Romes Great Mosque, Abdellah Redouane.

This event garnered much needed goodwill toward the Muslim community in Italy, and helped people understand that many Muslims reject the actions of the Islamic State.

It is unlikely that Rana Elmirs arrogant and misguided rantings will do the same.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...im-tells-wapo/
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 12.29.15 at 05:07 AM.
    "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesnt really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,107 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Until they can clean they're own house--they need to get the fuck out of mine !!!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:58 AM
    Liked 2,387 Times in 1,489 Posts

Premium Member

Next time you get on a plane and a person named Makmud Abbir is sitting next to you see if you feel comfortable during your flight. Even if the guy is reading the Sporting News not the Koran. Cracks me up when these guys go right thru security and some 14 year old blond blue eyed kid gets the pad down. All this plays right into the Jihadist plan and they know the west is over correct and one day they will do a nuke. Idiots.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

so this woman says she is not going to condemn Muslim terrorism because of the mass shootings? So she is not condemning the mass shootings either? It's not an either/or proposition!

and does she not see that being in her position and NOT condemning Islamic terrorism is one of the things that makes those women in hijabs fearful to walk the street?

certainly if there was a Christian caliphate and the Christian churches did not rush to condemn it, it would be seen as tacit approval

Terrorism will only be stopped if the Islamic church actively and vigoursly condemns it, teaches its young against it, actively seeks it out and exposes it, and takes action against it.

5. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Respect my Wind
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:41 PM
    Liked 1,139 Times in 649 Posts

So she is terrified of white men and their actions yet she comes to the country designed, built, financed and fought for by predominately white men? There is plenty of desert that will agree with your thinking, get lost.

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:55 AM
    Liked 18,156 Times in 8,972 Posts

My pretty blonde wife seems to always get pulled aside for the pat down...I wonder why.

Must be the blond hair, blue eyes, and four kids trailing behind her that makes her such an imminent threat.

The lady above is an idiot. Why the Washington Post would giver her the space for such stupidity though I don't quite get.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

9. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:25 AM
    Liked 11,577 Times in 4,934 Posts

Default Muslim ACLU Official: I Emphatically Refuse to Condemn Islamic Terrorism

This woman is a crazy misguided idiot. So happy she's an American. I'm shocked she didn't blame the Jews, I kept looking in the article for the word, I figured it was coming at some point.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:51 AM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I'm shocked she didn't blame the Jews, I kept looking in the article for the word, I figured it was coming at some point.
    Probably a condensed article. Or she was late for a meeting, just didn't get around to it.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

This woman is a crazy misguided idiot. So happy she's an American. I'm shocked she didn't blame the Jews, I kept looking in the article for the word, I figured it was coming at some point.
    Give her time.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Ok good just want to make sure these morons don't forget their same rhetoric.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Ok good just want to make sure these morons don't forget their same rhetoric.
    She's involved with CAIR, which is a terrorist organization masquerading as a non-profit, she'll let her true feelings be known if a mic is put in front of her enough times, or if she continues to get editorial pages.

I love her straw man argument. Yeah, Islamic terrorism is bad, but as long as there are other people in the world committing evil acts, I won't denounce it. Well, thanks for taking a stand lady.

I am more prone to believe that she won't denounce it because she agrees with it, but that is just my opinion, no proof.

15. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Of course she agrees with it.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

17. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

I guess being a dike no longer gets you noticed so you have to come up with some crazy shit to say so people will talk about you.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,107 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Its very simple:
    Burn her alive then piss on her
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 6,699 Times in 3,719 Posts

she is showing off an alarming level of stupidity.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by It's Mike; 12.29.15 at 11:51 AM.