Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:06 PM
    Liked 11,730 Times in 6,499 Posts

Premium Member

Default DON DOKKEN COMMENTS ON SYRIAN REFUGEES

DON DOKKEN: 'If I Had My Way And I Ran A Country, I'd Shut The Borders Down'

December 21, 2015

DOKKEN frontman Don Dokken says he would "shut the borders down" if he was president, explaining that the Islamic State (ISIS or ISIL) is exploiting the refugee crisis in order to recruit new fighters and to get trained fighters into western Europe and the United States.

During an appearance on a recent edition of "The Classic Metal Show", Dokken was particularly critical of Germany, which has already taken in more refugees than any other European nation, with daily arrivals amounting to 10,000 per day in recent weeks.

The singer said: "You know, I don't wanna get political, but I'll tell you right now, we [were] in Munich. When we got to Munich and we got off the train, there was all these people out front, people donating ski gear, very cold weather gear, because snow is coming in Germany. You've got hundreds of thousands of Syrians coming into Germany because this idiot Merkel, the [German] Chancellor, said, 'Oh, come on! Come to Germany! We'll take care of you.' So we got off the train, and there were just thousands and thousands of displaced people hanging out at train stations, getting their free clothes and free money and free food."

He continued: "Do I believe that an entire country is trying to run away from terrorism? No. What I believe, and I thought this a month ago, is it's a great vehicle for ISIS to come across the borders and their insane, sick mentality.

"I don't know of any religion in the world — Buddhist, Judaism, Muslim, Christian, Catholic — that any God that says, 'Please go out and kill innocent women and children and we'll give you seven virgins.' There's no religion in the world that says it's okay to kill innocent people for a religion. So when these son-of-a-bitches yell 'Allah Akbar' — 'Praise the God' — they're just scum, they're just pieces of shit, and they're just coming in and kill people because they're fucking losers. And I was in Germany and I was shocked to see thousands and thousands of Syrians at the train stations, and I was, like, 'Holy shit, man! They could just come on this train and throw a hand grenade and I'm outta here.'

"So, yes, I was concerned. And I'm not a racist, but if I had my way and I ran a country, I'd shut the borders down."

Of the European nations, Germany continues to be the most popular destination for migrants. It has received the highest number of new asylum applications, with more than 315,000 by the end of October.

Don continued: "Here's a quick story. There's a village near the east border of Germany, a village in east Germany, and they have a hundred and ten residents — one hundred and ten people in the village. And they've just been ordered to take in one thousand Syrian refugees. One thousand Syrian refugees, one hundred and ten Germans… What do you think's gonna happen? In Hamburg, they've evicted seven thousand Germans — they have to move out of their apartments — to accommodate Syrian refugees. Okay, that's great, that's very magnanimous, very wonderful, very spiritual, very humanitarian. What's gonna happen to the West Germans that have paid taxes and lived there their whole life? Where are they gonna sleep? Answer that question for me."

He went on to say: "It is insanity to think that any country would let in people from Syria that don't speak our language, do not understand Western civilization… I've been to Afghanistan, I've been to Pakistan, I've been to Iraq when I was in my twenties; I went to all those countries. And they loved us and they were happy. But they don't understand Western civilization. They are a tribal society with sheiks and Sikhs that they have their own way of doing things.

"What do you do with that million Syrians that don't speak English, have no job skills, don't know what to do. All they're gonna do is suck the life out of the country, get free food, free everything. And who's paying for that? It's bullshit.

"I'm not a white supremist. But how come they're not going to, like, Turkey or Iraq? Or there's a million countries in the Middle East they could go to.

"When I was in Sweden, I saw the borders and all the chain-link fences they're putting up in Hungary, and I saw hundreds and hundreds of brand new bicycles piled up like a pyramid where they could climb up over the fence. My question is, if you live in Syria and you make three thousand dollars a year, where did you get a brand new bicycle or a thousand dollars to get on a boat and go to Greece; it's fifteen hundred dollars a passenger. Where are they getting that money? Where are they getting those bicycles? Somebody is financing these people to leave Syria. Who is doing it? Where is all the money coming from? These people don't make… They make, like, two dollars a day. All of a sudden, they've got fifteen hundred bucks to get on a boat to go to Greece. All of a sudden, they've got a brand new bicycle. Where is all this money coming from to buy all this shit? Who is financing this?

"When you look at the map…. Look at the map of Syria and a map of Germany. It is a long ways away, and they're following the same route. It costs thousands and thousands of dollars in food, and they're carrying, like, survival tents and all this shit. Who is paying for this?

"Remember the Cuba thing, when Castro said, 'Sure, man. You want all my murderers? You want all my psychotic, crazy motherfuckers in jail? I'll let 'em all out, put 'em on a boat and send 'em to Florida.' That's what Syria is doing. Because Assad… We tried to kick out Assad. He wants anybody that's against the Assad regime [to] leave. 'You don't like my regime? I'm a murderer. I'm a terrible person. You don't like it? Leave.'"

Dokken also talked in more general terms about the rise of the national security threat posed by global terrorism, most recently by the Islamic State. He said: "If I had my way, you wouldn't want me to the president of the United States, because I would [get] every goddamn plane we have and I'd bomb every goddamn ISIS site on the planet.

"They're not Muslims. C'mon, they're not Muslims. The Muslim religion, just for people who don't know, the Muslim religion is the youngest religion on earth. Christianity is two thousand years old, Buddhism three thousand years old. Muslims? Allah? Five hundred years. It's relatively a new religion. The Muslim religion, with Allah, and they started the Quran and all these things, they came along about a thousand years after the English had, like, several kings. It's a very young religion."

He continued: "Look, there are millions of Muslims in this world that are great, wonderful people. These people that say 'Allah Akbar,' which means 'Praise the God,' and kill. You have to wonder… They threw a hand grenade. How many innocent Muslims did they kill? They don't know who they're killing. I'm sure in those hundred and twelve people that were killed in that [EAGLES OF DEATH METAL] concert [in Paris], there was probably Muslims in that pack. So these people are just disenfranchised youth. It's interesting that most of these terrorists are all in their early twenties, mid-twenties, and they had no future."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/don...ktlbZZw0ED0.99
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:43 AM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

When it comes to very important issues, I always look to Don Dokken for leadership.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:20 AM
    Liked 18,104 Times in 8,945 Posts

I can't read something that long from Don Dokken about foreign affairs. The guy isn't even smart enough to keep George Lynch around.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

4. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:48 AM
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

Anytime someone feels the need to say "I'm not a white supremist but..... " you just know some really insightful thoughts will be coming at you.

I know that I was dying to know what a washed up 80s singer thought able the Syrian crisis. Thank God someone asked. Here's hoping we hear from Rikki Rockett by the end of the week.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:20 AM
    Liked 18,104 Times in 8,945 Posts

Rikki Rocket has cancer, so he might have other things on his mind.

Tongue cancer if memory serves.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Rikki Rocket has cancer, so he might have other things on his mind.

Tongue cancer if memory serves.
    Well shit, I didn't know that. Hope he recovers. Let's ask Blas Elias about Syria then.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:52 AM
    Liked 11,545 Times in 4,919 Posts

Don Dokken? LMAO!
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

9. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 1,384 Times in 759 Posts

Maybe he's trying to apply for the job of Secretary of State in a future Trump administration. He'd have his chance, probably.
    Little Dreamer

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 16,507 Times in 9,354 Posts

Oh, I know you guys can't be mokken the great Don Dokken!

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 69 Posts

he's not far off in regards to what's happening. Terrorist groups are funding disenfranchised youth to enter onto foreign soil to spread mayhem. It's definitely happening. He was spot on about what Castro did. ISIS is doing the same thing.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:17 AM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

Better than Rodger Waters bs.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

I used to feel like a lot of you do with your comments. I still feel that way when they are playing a concert and they start with that shit. Just play music motherfucker. I'm talking to you Ted Nugent, Don Henley, and Linda Ronstadt.

But he's talking about an issue that is front and center in all of our minds. As a human and American why can't he have an opinion on it? And, some of what he said closely mirrors what I see posted here. Is it because he's just a dumb rock star? What if he joined the Links and posted the same thing? Could he get some like's then?
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

17. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by hagarfn View Post
    I used to feel like a lot of you do with your comments. I still feel that way when they are playing a concert and they start with that shit. Just play music motherfucker. I'm talking to you Ted Nugent, Don Henley, and Linda Ronstadt.

But he's talking about an issue that is front and center in all of our minds. As a human and American why can't he have an opinion on it? And, some of what he said closely mirrors what I see posted here. Is it because he's just a dumb rock star? What if he joined the Links and posted the same thing? Could he get some like's then?
    Of course he can have an opinion. The fact that it's being reported on is the funny thing.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:24 AM
    Liked 4,795 Times in 2,447 Posts

Premium Member

Maybe Chris Holmes can issue his 10 point plan on how to make America great again while downing a 5th of vodka in his pool?

Good old Don Dokken. Yes he can have an opinion but I do find it funny how any celebrity viewpoint on anything is relevant. These people have or had lived a lifestyle so much different than anybody else. I don't care if its conservative or liberal. Celebrities should take a cue from Sam and STFU :-)

20. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.14.17 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 753 Times in 498 Posts

The line "they have Sheiks and Sikhs". That cracked me up, lol.