○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts

Premium Member

Default Man killed by LA deputies had gun in his hand

Man killed by LA deputies had gun in his hand, officials say

Dec 14, 4:00 AM EST

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The first 911 caller reported seeing a black man walking down a street shooting a gun in the air. Authorities said they received five more similar calls from witnesses alarmed by what they saw.

A few minutes later, the man was fatally shot by Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies.

The encounter in the south Los Angeles suburb of Lynwood on Saturday was captured on video and it shows deputies continuing to fire at 28-year-old Nicholas Robertson after he fell and crawled on the pavement.

Investigators said two deputies fired 33 bullets at Robertson after he refused to drop the gun and walked across a busy street to a filling station where a family was pumping gas.

"When he collapsed, his arms were underneath him, and the gun was still in his hand. There was never a time when the weapon was not in his possession," homicide Capt. Steven Katz said Sunday in response to questions about why the deputies continued to fire on the man after he fell.

Authorities released a close-up from security footage showing Robertson stretched out on the ground with a gun in his hand.

The deputies confronted Robertson as they investigated 911 calls from the witnesses who said a man was walking down a residential street and then through a busy commercial area holding a weapon and acting strangely.

Witnesses told authorities that Robertson fired six to seven rounds and briefly went into a car wash and a pizza parlor before deputies arrived.

The deputies spotted the man in front of the gas station, where two women and three children were inside a car, and they ordered him to drop the gun, Katz said. But he refused and at one point pointed the gun in the deputies' direction, Katz added.

The gun was not registered to Robertson and has not been reported stolen. Detectives are trying to track it, Katz said. He said the gun was not loaded but that detectives found two live rounds "in his grasp."

Robertson may have been in a dispute at home with his spouse before he went out on the street, but authorities have yet to verify that report, Katz said.

Robertson's wife told the Los Angeles Times her mother-in-law had called her shortly before the shooting to say her husband was under the influence of alcohol. She said she was on her way to get him and had stopped at the same gas station to buy milk before the shooting happened.

Nekesha Robertson said her husband was a stay-at-home father devoted to the couple's 7-year-old daughter and 6-year-old twins - a boy and a girl - and didn't engage in crime.

"Anytime you see him, you see him with the kids," Nekesha Robertson said. "He'd take them to and from school. Help them with homework. He's a daddy - that's his job. He didn't do nothing else."

Other family members said the shooting was unjustified and that Robertson may not have heard the deputies' command to drop the gun.

"This man never turned at you and looked at you or pointed the gun at you. Nothing," said Nekesha Robertson's cousin, Monica Reddix. "What they did yesterday was ... point-blank murder."

Robertson's death comes at a time of increasing criticism of police use of force after several killings of black men by officers have been caught on video in California and throughout the nation.

On Dec. 2, five San Francisco officers shot and killed Mario Woods, 26, in the city's gritty Bayview neighborhood after they say he refused commands to drop an 8-inch knife he was carrying. Police were responding to a stabbing report when they encountered Woods. The shooting was caught by several bystanders, and their videos circulated online widely.

Los Angeles County Sheriff Jim McDonnell promised the investigation into Robertson's death would be handled "with the utmost professionalism and integrity" and urged anyone with information to come forward.

"There's gonna be criticism anytime there's a deputy-involved shooting. We've seen that in the last two years or so, the sentiment across America has been critical," McDonnell said. That's why we ... try to be as transparent as we can with the information that we can share to say, hey here's what we have, here's what we know about it, with the caveat that there's more investigation to be done."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...12-14-04-00-58

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:01 PM
    Liked 1,085 Times in 727 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Nekesha Robertson said her husband was a stay-at-home father devoted to the couple's 7-year-old daughter and 6-year-old twins - a boy and a girl - and didn't engage in crime.

"Anytime you see him, you see him with the kids," Nekesha Robertson said. "He'd take them to and from school. Help them with homework. He's a daddy - that's his job. He didn't do nothing else."
    Sounds like a regular Pat Boone.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:54 AM
    Liked 1,961 Times in 984 Posts

I love how they always say the police "murdered" the suspect. No, they put down a fucking nut job. Unemployed scum bag walking around waving a gun in public. Of course they shot him. We as a society are better of with his absence. Period.

5. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts

Premium Member

Security Video

“He did not comply with their repeated requests to drop the weapon,”

The captain said Robertson’s gun was not loaded when he encountered deputies, but he had ammunition with him. Asked if he ever pointed the gun at deputies, Katz said “pointing is relative.”

“We do have evidence that the suspect did fire the weapon multiple times prior to the interaction with the deputies,” said Katz in referring to 911 calls the department had received.

Some of the witness accounts said the suspect was armed while others indicated that the suspect had discharged his firearm six to seven times in a residential area, reported KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO.
    Before the various surveillance videos were released Sunday, Robertson’s family passionately denied that he had a gun.

KCAL9’s Brittney Hopper spoke with family Sunday and asked about Robertson being shown holding what appears to be a firearm.

“My thoughts on that. I can’t say who was right or who was wrong. I get they have a protocol but when you look at the video it’s obvious he didn’t pose a threat,” said Michael Green, Robertson’s brother-in-law.

“After the first show he hit the ground,” said the brother-in-law, “he was immobilized. Nothing you could do to him but to stand here and keep shooting, reload and keep shooting. It was just uncalled for.”

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

You walk the streets firing bullets in the air and thus could be the result. Not murder, just the expected conclusion.

At the end of the day the role of police is to protect innocent people from people like this. They did their job.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

8. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,107 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Another fool down
    PISS on HIM
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

I love how the family "passionately denies he had a gun", until the video came out. LOL. I "passionately deny" giving a shit about this loser. The police did exactly what we pay them to do.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:55 AM
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

And it's cases like this that confuse me regarding the political left in America. I'm sure they are all lining up to criticize the cops. I don't like guns, I don't want to own one. For that to be possible in a pretty fucked up world I need my security people (aka the cops) to deal with violent garbage like this guy. And they did. And I thank them for it.

13. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    And it's cases like this that confuse me regarding the political left in America. I'm sure they are all lining up to criticize the cops. I don't like guns, I don't want to own one. For that to be possible in a pretty fucked up world I need my security people (aka the cops) to deal with violent garbage like this guy. And they did. And I thank them for it.

Very good point. Since the left doesn't want the average joe to have access to firearms, you would think they would concede that police would have to deal with the fringe element violently and decisively. But instead they want us not to defend ourselves, but at the same time criticize when criminals are stopped by police? I have never seen a police officer walk up to a man on a park bench eating ice cream and blow him away. The person killed by police is always in some kind of situation that THEY PUT THEMSELVES into that causes a confrontation.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,107 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by PCh5150 View Post
    Very good point. Since the left doesn't want the average joe to have access to firearms, you would think they would concede that police would have to deal with the fringe element violently and decisively. But instead they want us not to defend ourselves, but at the same time criticize when criminals are stopped by police? I have never seen a police officer walk up to a man on a park bench eating ice cream and blow him away. The person killed by police is always in some kind of situation that THEY PUT THEMSELVES into that causes a confrontation.
    STFU the liberal pussies will come for you
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Seems reasonable to walk around shooting a gun. I know the "community" seems to think its ok to do so. Really? Dude is firing off rounds and he gets shot DEAD for doing so. Glad he's dead. Could have been worse. And then it would have been. "Why you not stop Deron, or Trevon" Or what ever the fuck his name was. Cant have it both fucking ways people. Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

18. The Following Member Likes This Post: