Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:03 PM
    Liked 1,085 Times in 727 Posts

Premium Member
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

2. The Following 6 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:05 PM
    Liked 2,390 Times in 1,492 Posts

Premium Member

RIP
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:34 PM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

What's sad is, I think a lot of Americans are forgetting about it. Just seems like it's a passing footnote in the news anymore.

HH<------There are just those dates in our history that need to be drilled into the younger generations mind and they should be remember/respected for their significance.-------------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

5. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:33 PM
    Liked 18,191 Times in 8,988 Posts

It's natural as time passes. Most Americans wouldn't have a clue of the date in which the Confederate States of America began hostilities against Fort Sumter now, and I am sure at one point that was a well known date.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:26 PM
    Liked 3,119 Times in 1,829 Posts

Premium Member

Being in classrooms, I have to remember that seniors in high school were 3 years old when 9/11 happened. Assuming you don't remember events really from before the age of 5 or so, for the majority of Americans, Pearl Harbor might as well have happened during the Civil War. People know the significance, but they don't have the connection to it that people who remember it do. My dad was born in 1947, so really his generation is about the last that will remember when it happened and have that connection.

By 2036, according to US Census predictions, the majority of Americans will be too young to remember 9-11. The year before that, most Americans will have literally forgotten about Forgot About Dre. The year before that, most Americans will be too young to remember Columbine.

This year, the majority of Americans won't remember the Falkland Islands War. That includes me. As of last year, the majority of Americans were too young to remember Reagan getting shot. That also includes me. Ironically, with Force Awakens coming out two weeks before 2016, next year the majority of Americans will be too young to Remember Return of the Jedi coming out. That includes me again.
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 12.07.15 at 02:23 PM.

8. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:13 PM
    Liked 650 Times in 369 Posts

I think it's also lack of attention span.

People seem so outraged over things, but only until the next big thing comes along they can discuss on Facebook.

Year starts with everyone talking about the huge issue of illegal Mexicans in the US. That's until everyone is talking about a dentist who killed a lion. Then Bruce decided to become Caitlyn. Then terror attacks in Paris happen and that's the biggest thing. Until a shooting happens in the US.

And on and on.
    Cabo x 20
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:46 PM
    Liked 11,787 Times in 6,533 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen View Post
    What's sad is, I think a lot of Americans are forgetting about it. Just seems like it's a passing footnote in the news anymore.

HH<------There are just those dates in our history that need to be drilled into the younger generations mind and they should be remember/respected for their significance.-------------
    Kind of tough to remember when the schools don't bother teaching it. For example, The Holocaust is barely touched in schools anymore.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

12. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:38 PM
    Liked 6,983 Times in 5,016 Posts

Premium Member

We literally just had Remembrance Day last month. It's shocking to see the younger kids at work acting like "Hip hip horray! We get to stop work for two minutes... Maybe I'll check my Plenty o' Fish account..." Sad.

Certain dates should still be honored in school for the historic moments that they are. I had family who served. Hell, I'd serve if need be.
    Remember the past, the fallen, and what they stood & died for.

Otherwise, kids these days would be trying to read those Facebook posts in Japanese or German...
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:05 PM
    Liked 531 Times in 278 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    As of last year, the majority of Americans were too young to remember Reagan getting shot. That also includes me.
    Not only do I vividly remember Reagan getting shot, that was the morning tickets for LA area VH Fair Warning tour shows at the Forum and Sports Arena went on sale. I'll never forget waiting overnight with my friend around the Forum parking lot, getting tickets to two shows, getting home before lunch and blithely switching on the tv to relax before work that evening and getting the wall to wall coverage of Reagan's assassination attempt for the rest of the day.

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:33 PM
    Liked 18,191 Times in 8,988 Posts

Today is a banner day in the comments sections on websites for all the tin foil hat conspiracy theorists that say the US knew Japan was going to attack Pearl Harbor, and let it happen on purpose.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

By 2036, according to US Census predictions, the majority of Americans will be too young to remember 9-11. The year before that, most Americans will have literally forgotten about Forgot About Dre. The year before that, most Americans will be too young to remember Columbine.
    Forgot About Dre?

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:26 PM
    Liked 3,119 Times in 1,829 Posts

Premium Member

Forgot About Dre is a song by Dr. Dre and Eminem. On the list I bookmarked a while back, it was on there. I think it was meant to inject a little humor.

Anyway, the first major event I remember is Reagan's reelection. After that, it's the Challenger exploding. So anything before that, I know about it, I can understand it, and I can even recognize its gravity--but I won't have the connection to it that I do things post-Reagan's reelection. I was nearly 5 when Reagan was reelected.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Forgot About Dre is a song by Dr. Dre and Eminem. On the list I bookmarked a while back, it was on there. I think it was meant to inject a little humor.

Anyway, the first major event I remember is Reagan's reelection. After that, it's the Challenger exploding. So anything before that, I know about it, I can understand it, and I can even recognize its gravity--but I won't have the connection to it that I do things post-Reagan's reelection. I was nearly 5 when Reagan was reelected.
    ah, I thought it was one of those autocorrect snafus that you didn't catch! Thanks for clearing it up!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 1,976 Times in 1,370 Posts

Several good documentary shows on history channel this week about Pearl Harbor.

My grandpa always made sure we remembered about Dec 7th. He was there. He was at Hickam Field which was the army/airforce base at the time near pearl Harbor. It is on pearl Harbor blvd. He never got to detailed in his stories, but you could tell it was a intense few days during the attack and after.

I always wondered if things had been a little different that day, would I even be here. Crazy times.

Hopefully people like us who are old enough can pass on the history to our kids.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:21 AM
    Liked 4,810 Times in 2,455 Posts

Premium Member

What is tripping me out as of late is when I start thinking of significant events in history and how it relates to my age. For example Pearl Harbor seems like ancient history for kids today. I was born in 69 and was cognizant of it probably about 75 or so. So from my birth it was 28 years prior and memory about 34. So its like the Iran Hostage Crisis for a 6 year old today. Kind of weird to think all that destruction happened so close to when I was born however it seemed like ancient history as a kid

21. The Following Member Likes This Post: