Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:58 PM
    Liked 1,331 Times in 801 Posts

Talking Senator Ted Cruz Quotes

I like my Senator from Texas. He believes in our Constitution.

Here's a quote from the Senator:

“On December 7, 1941, in response to Pearl Harbor, FDR did not give a partisan speech, rather he called on Americans to unite and ‘win through to absolute victory,’ Cruz said in a press release following Obama’s speech.
    “If I am elected President, I will direct the Department of Defense to destroy ISIS.”

~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

2. The Following 6 Members Like This Post:

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:25 AM
    Liked 6,854 Times in 3,590 Posts

Premium Member

Default Ted Cruz Pledges To 'Kill The Terrorists' In New Ad

Republican presidential hopeful and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is airing a pair of new ads in the early caucus state of Iowa, touting his leadership qualities and determination to defeat the so-called Islamic State in the Middle East.

"If I’m elected to serve as commander in chief, we won’t cower in the face of evil. America will lead," Cruz says in the first 30-second spot, which aired during the Big 10 Conference’s college football championship game Saturday. "We’ll rebuild our military. We’ll kill the terrorists. And every Islamic extremist will know, if you wage jihad against us, you’re signing your death warrant."

The second ad, which also aired during Saturday night's game, features Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) touting Cruz's evangelical credentials.

"For over a year now, my regular prayer has been that God would raise up a leader whom he will use to restore the soul of America," says King, who last month endorsed the Texas senator. "One of them has been standing at my side time after time, and it was Senator Ted Cruz."

Both ads will continue airing in the Hawkeye State over the next two weeks, Cruz's campaign said, and are backed by a six-figure media buy.

Cruz has seen a pickup in momentum in Iowa, but he has yet to overtake rivals Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), Ben Carson and real estate mogul Donald Trump, who continues to sit atop the polls.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b079b2818efc62
    Last edited by Number 47; 12.07.15 at 05:40 AM.

4. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:18 AM
    Liked 650 Times in 369 Posts

Rebuild the military ???

Last time I checked the US was spending almost as much as the rest of the world combined on their military.
    Cabo x 20
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:16 AM
    Liked 6,712 Times in 3,730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post

Republican presidential hopeful and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is airing a pair of new ads in the early caucus state of Iowa, touting his leadership qualities and determination to defeat the so-called Islamic State in the Middle East.

"If I’m elected to serve as commander in chief, we won’t cower in the face of evil. America will lead," Cruz says in the first 30-second spot, which aired during the Big 10 Conference’s college football championship game Saturday. "We’ll rebuild our military. We’ll kill the terrorists. And every Islamic extremist will know, if you wage jihad against us, you’re signing your death warrant."

The second ad, which also aired during Saturday night's game, features Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) touting Cruz's evangelical credentials.

"For over a year now, my regular prayer has been that God would raise up a leader whom he will use to restore the soul of America," says King, who last month endorsed the Texas senator. "One of them has been standing at my side time after time, and it was Senator Ted Cruz."

Both ads will continue airing in the Hawkeye State over the next two weeks, Cruz's campaign said, and are backed by a six-figure media buy.

Cruz has seen a pickup in momentum in Iowa, but he has yet to overtake rivals Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), Ben Carson and real estate mogul Donald Trump, who continues to sit atop the polls.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b079b2818efc62
    these damn war-hungry Canadians.

7. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:51 AM
    Liked 18,196 Times in 8,990 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cabomiro View Post
    Rebuild the military ???

Last time I checked the US was spending almost as much as the rest of the world combined on their military.
    I noticed that too. We can't afford the military spending we have now. Where is the money coming from? My guess, more "kick the can down the road", Washington's favorite game.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

9. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:39 AM
    Liked 11,793 Times in 6,537 Posts

Premium Member

He's referring to the downsizing of troops that has been going on during this administration. There is out cry from both sides of the aisle on this issue. This year alone they announced the cutting of 40,000 Army soldiers alone.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Cry out or not, we can't afford to be on a constant war footing. We've added 14 trillion in debt in the last twelve years. I know it isn't the only reason, but being at war on multiple fronts hasn't helped.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

12. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Cry out or not, we can't afford to be on a constant war footing. We've added 14 trillion in debt in the last twelve years. I know it isn't the only reason, but being at war on multiple fronts hasn't helped.
    Yes, but we can't cut manpower down to unsafe levels. That is the rub. There is a lot of fat to trim, but we have to be reasonable.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:20 AM
    Liked 3,123 Times in 1,830 Posts

Premium Member

We could probably afford to lose troops; it just depends upon where they come from.

With what I know about terrorism, the statement, "We’ll kill the terrorists. And every Islamic extremist will know, if you wage jihad against us, you’re signing your death warrant," isn't, to me, a promise that can be fulfilled. There is no way we can kill enough terrorists to end terrorism, and I don't think death is the deterrent we think it is. However, continuing to bomb, invade, and/or influence the leadership in those countries is a hell of a recruitment tool for them. So are all the civilians, women, and children our drones have and will continue to kill. In no way am I excusing violence against noncombatants. But that's no reason not to reasses our foreign policy.

We sort of have had an experiment on counterterrorism measures. Clinton's responses to al-Qaeda terrorist attacks was a minimum, and we even launched missiles on a pharmaceutical factory that, it turns out, had nothing to do with making chemical weapons. It was what we would call a 'proportional response.' By not properly assessing what bin Laden was capable of, 9-11 happened. I am not putting blame on Clinton, just saying that it's possible that a measured, but disproportionate response to capture or kill bin Laden might have prevented it. Maybe it would have accelerated al-Qaeda's attacks.

When September 11th happened, Bush decided to go ape shit. We started the 'War on Terror,' with Afghanistan, and then for whatever reason--I guess to show the middle east we meant business--went to Iraq. We invaded with ground troops, airstrikes, everything we had, and the objective was regime change in both cases. And what do we have now? ISIS, a cesspool in Iraq, Syria, and Libya.

I think we should probably realize that the War on Terror is a war with no winner and will likely result on a long-term hemorrhaging of the United States. Terrorism has tangible and intangible costs beyond just lives lost, and terrorists exploit those in many ways. The most commonly understood cost is fear. With news in San Bernardino that middle eastern men were possibly casing theaters as well as the recent attack, how many people are fearing an attack on, say, Star Wars screenings in the US? But terrorism also has other costs they exploit as well. Counterterrorism and military costs get added to an already enormous debt. And there are also costs on our way of life. The two parties are fighting each other on which basic rights we should be taking away from us. Spying on all Americans without probable cause is an affront to the freedom promised when this country was created. Terrorism isn't always about fear, despite the name. It can also be about the long play of exploiting other costs. And I don't think we have really realized that yet.

Don't get me wrong. Obama talked the other night about 'defeating' terrorism. You can't do it.

15. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Islamic terrorism is going to be a new normal for decades.

You can't get rid of it without genocide. It has to be a change in the Muslim culture, that certain current core tenets of the religion will no longer be supported.

The best you can hope for is to contain it to acceptable levels.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Islamic terrorism is going to be a new normal for decades.

You can't get rid of it without genocide. It has to be a change in the Muslim culture, that certain current core tenets of the religion will no longer be supported.

The best you can hope for is to contain it to acceptable levels.
    Only if we accept it to be that way. There are many things that should be done here that would go a long way to help. Yes, there are cultural answers, but there are plenty of pragmatic solutions that we have been neglecting.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:20 AM
    Liked 3,123 Times in 1,830 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Only if we accept it to be that way. There are many things that should be done here that would go a long way to help. Yes, there are cultural answers, but there are plenty of pragmatic solutions that we have been neglecting.
    Looking big picture, though, a measured, proportional response seemed to let it continue and grow, kicking ass and taking names left a vacuum that eventually let it regroup and grow, and Obama's policy is somewhere in the middle, and it is letting it continue and grow.

What specifics are you talking about?

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

America is a civilized country, our citizens would not have the stomach to do what would have to be done to end it.

And in a way, than God for that, it means we are normal.

20. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 2,802 Times in 1,451 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine97(Version 2) View Post
    We could probably afford to lose troops; it just depends upon where they come from.

With what I know about terrorism, the statement, "We’ll kill the terrorists. And every Islamic extremist will know, if you wage jihad against us, you’re signing your death warrant," isn't, to me, a promise that can be fulfilled. There is no way we can kill enough terrorists to end terrorism, and I don't think death is the deterrent we think it is. However, continuing to bomb, invade, and/or influence the leadership in those countries is a hell of a recruitment tool for them. So are all the civilians, women, and children our drones have and will continue to kill. In no way am I excusing violence against noncombatants. But that's no reason not to reasses our foreign policy.

We sort of have had an experiment on counterterrorism measures. Clinton's responses to al-Qaeda terrorist attacks was a minimum, and we even launched missiles on a pharmaceutical factory that, it turns out, had nothing to do with making chemical weapons. It was what we would call a 'proportional response.' By not properly assessing what bin Laden was capable of, 9-11 happened. I am not putting blame on Clinton, just saying that it's possible that a measured, but disproportionate response to capture or kill bin Laden might have prevented it. Maybe it would have accelerated al-Qaeda's attacks.

When September 11th happened, Bush decided to go ape shit. We started the 'War on Terror,' with Afghanistan, and then for whatever reason--I guess to show the middle east we meant business--went to Iraq. We invaded with ground troops, airstrikes, everything we had, and the objective was regime change in both cases. And what do we have now? ISIS, a cesspool in Iraq, Syria, and Libya.

I think we should probably realize that the War on Terror is a war with no winner and will likely result on a long-term hemorrhaging of the United States. Terrorism has tangible and intangible costs beyond just lives lost, and terrorists exploit those in many ways. The most commonly understood cost is fear. With news in San Bernardino that middle eastern men were possibly casing theaters as well as the recent attack, how many people are fearing an attack on, say, Star Wars screenings in the US? But terrorism also has other costs they exploit as well. Counterterrorism and military costs get added to an already enormous debt. And there are also costs on our way of life. The two parties are fighting each other on which basic rights we should be taking away from us. Spying on all Americans without probable cause is an affront to the freedom promised when this country was created. Terrorism isn't always about fear, despite the name. It can also be about the long play of exploiting other costs. And I don't think we have really realized that yet.

Don't get me wrong. Obama talked the other night about 'defeating' terrorism. You can't do it.
    Agreed.

I don't think any non-Muslim society can "defeat terrorism". The Muslim community has a problem and they need to address it. Anyone else trying to change it will fail.

It should be shouted out at every mosque and at the dinner table in every home until it is hammered home that this is against what being a Muslim is. The overall silence from the Muslim community over the years on this one doesn't convince me they believe that however.

When I hear Muslims openly declare that there is no real difference between them and extremists, I find it hard to believe the professed innocence that certain politicians claim for them.

So I can't really agree with Cruz on this one. But since he is one of the few politicians who has done some research into the global warming claims and can say more than a bumper sticker phrase about it, he would get my vote on that one issue.

22. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:12 AM
    Liked 4,811 Times in 2,456 Posts

Premium Member

Easiest way of getting rid of this is to ban it.

Yes its tough to do in Syria, Iraq, Iran, etc. However in Western Countries, just ban or discourage the religion like we did with the Nazi's. A minority of Germans were the ones who killed millions of people. We made it so one would be uncomfortable being a Nazi so they have little power today. Granted we are dealing with a religion but this religion has not lived up to its end of the bargain. Sorry you lost your Members Only Jacket.

This way its only genocide of a religion. Not people. If the Westboro church was going around killing hundreds of thousands in the name of Christ, I would feel the same way

If a country still wants to practice it, well you get sanctions. See what happens when nobody buys oil from the Middle East.