Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

04.28.16 @ 02:20 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 45 Posts

Premium Member

Default Big Fat Money/Not Enough MP3

Not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this question, but I'm looking for the MP3s of the instrumental versions of Big Fat Money & Not Enough that went up last week. Warner Bros. apparently forced YouTube to take them down before I had a chance to rip them. Does anyone out there have the MP3s for these two versions & could you PM them to me?

Thank you!!! Much appreciated!!!
    "We got the brand-new album, we got the brand-new songs, we got the brand-new equipment, we got the brand-new show... And we got the same ol' shitty attitude!" David Lee Roth, May 20, 1984 in San Diego

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

04.28.16 @ 02:20 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 45 Posts

Premium Member

Never mind - found them all.
    "We got the brand-new album, we got the brand-new songs, we got the brand-new equipment, we got the brand-new show... And we got the same ol' shitty attitude!" David Lee Roth, May 20, 1984 in San Diego

10.24.16 @ 01:47 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

May I ask where you found them? I've missed a few since they were taken down so quickly.

08.11.16 @ 04:35 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts

You are here: Home / 2004 / Van Halen “IT’S ABOUT TIME” Instrumental!
    Van Halen “IT’S ABOUT TIME” Instrumental!

December 3, 2015—by VHND 168 Comments

It’s about time we heard this one as an instrumental! Holy hell, it smokes! And so many nuances that are lost under the vocals. It’s so fantastic to be able to hear it in this form.

“It’s About Time” is one of three songs from the Best of Both Worlds two-disc compilation, released in 2004. It was the first time the world heard a new Van Halen song with Sammy Hagar since “Humans Being” was released, in 1996.

We’ll release a new instrumental every Monday and Thursday for the next several weeks. Some fans are wondering why we’re featuring these now. These are not official releases.

Now, no doubt that most people prefer their rock and roll with someone singing. Vocals and lyrics sure do complete the songs and give them mass appeal. They turn them into the classics we know and love.

But these instrumentals let us appreciate the songs in a totally different way. Now we can enjoy the brilliant instrumental compositions themselves, before the lyrical themes were added. And of course, all those great vocals couldn’t help but cover up the music in parts. Now, we can hear occasional nuances that were hidden by the vocals, making the listening experience FRESH again!

These make us appreciate Edward’s compositional skills, and the musicianship of the band, even more. (We thought that wasn’t possible)!

Can't Get This Stuff No More
    Not Enough
    Big Fat Money
    Balance is the tenth studio album by hard rock band Van Halen, released on January 24, 1995 through Warner Bros. Records. The album is the last of the band's four studio releases to feature Sammy Hagar as lead vocalist. Balance reached number 1 on the U.S. Billboard 200 in February 1995[4] and reached Triple Platinum status on May 12, 2004 by selling more than three million copies in the U.S.[5]

Contents [hide]
    1 Recording and production
    2 Selected song details
    3 Artwork
    4 Release and promotion
    5 Track listing
    6 Personnel
    6.1 Band
    6.2 Additional personnel
    6.3 Production
    7 Certifications
    8 Charts
    8.1 Album
    8.2 Singles
    9 Notes
    Recording and production[edit]
    According to Ian Christe's book, Everybody Wants Some: The Van Halen Saga, Balance was Van Halen’s tenth album and was released amid internal fighting between Sammy Hagar and Eddie and Alex Van Halen. The band worked eight-hour days for three weeks recording the album. The first song on the record, "The Seventh Seal", features mystical overtones that came, in part, from Eddie’s newfound sobriety. His therapist, Sat-Kaur Khalsa, urged him to relax and imagine where he was after drinking a six-pack of beer. After smoking cigarettes, drinking beer, and playing guitar for twenty years, he tried writing songs sober and wrote three songs in one half hour period. The album then moves into Sammy’s territory with "Can’t Stop Lovin’ You". This song was taken from his ex-wife’s point of view, believing that she was still in love with him. The band saw more success with its hard rock genre as seen in the album’s song, "Aftershock". The band was unable, however, to continue their successes from their early days much longer as Michael Anthony now had two daughters and was not as able to work with the band when needed. Along with Michael’s inability to drop everything when asked, Sammy no longer enjoyed working. He began only showing up for two hours in the afternoon. The band managed to pull everything together, though, and the album reached number 1; their fourth consecutive number one studio album.[6]

Most of the Balance album was recorded at Eddie Van Halen's 5150 Studios, located in Studio City, except for five lead vocal tracks which were recorded in Vancouver, where the album's producer Bruce Fairbairn resided. It was mixed by Mike Fraser and mastered at Sterling Sound, New York, by George Marino.

Following the recording of Balance and its subsequent Ambulance Tour (the band renamed the "balance" tour to the "ambulance tour" because Eddie was having hip issues and brother Alex had to wear a neck brace [7]), Van Halen's second incarnation broke up. Regarding this time period, in 1997, Eddie Van Halen told Guitar World: "There had been a variety of conflicts brewing between Sammy and the band since I quit drinking on October 2, 1994... It got so bad that I actually started drinking again."

Selected song details[edit]
    "The Seventh Seal" kicks off the album. Complete with chanting monks and dangling metal bells, the song unveiled a vast, open, U2-like guitar wall that propelled through the darkest terrain the band ever tackled.[8] As a side note Eddie revealed in 2012 that "The Seventh Seal" was written before Van Halen became a band.[9]

"Amsterdam" was written about the capital city of Eddie and Alex Van Halen's country of birth; their actual birthplace being the town of Nijmegen, further to the east. Eddie is on record in Guitar World as saying, "I always hated the words to 'Wham, Bam Amsterdam', from Balance, because they were all about smoking pot. They were just stupid. Lyrics should plant some sort of seed for thought, or at least be a little more metamorphical."[10]

During The Balance tour show in Pensacola, Florida, Hagar stated that "Take Me Back (Déjà Vu)" was "a true story". The song itself features a then almost 20-year-old riff Eddie had previously used on a song entitled "No More Waiting" which the band played on occasion in the pre-Van Halen I era.[11]

The cover art is a photograph of nude conjoined twins on a see-saw. In reality, it was a single boy, superimposed. An alternate cover was used for the Japanese release, citing a cultural offense to the original version.[12] The cover boy is not Wolfgang Van Halen—the original boy was from Denver.[13] On the inside, the compact disc shows the Leonardo da Vinci drawing Vitruvian Man, and the back of the booklet shows an egg sitting on a guitar.

Release and promotion[edit]
    Balance was released January 24, 1995 and is the first release by a platinum-certified act on Warner Bros. since Danny Goldberg stepped in as chairman/CEO. It's also the band's first album since the loss of their longtime manager Ed Leffler, who died of thyroid cancer on October 16, 1993, before Ray Danniels took over management of the band (mostly due to Alex's personal relationship with Danniels as brother-in-law). Warner Bros. said that early 1995 would be the right time to unleash a new Van Halen album. "It seems like we've always had success with big acts right after the first of the year," says Warner Bros. VP of merchandising and advertising Jim Wagner. "Don't Tell Me (What Love Can Do)," the first single from Balance, was shipped to top 40 and album rock radio on December 28, 1994.[14] Van Halen takes the honor of being the first act to debut at No. 1 in 1995, as their weekly sales of 295,000 units earns Balance the Billboard 200 crown. The opening-week tally for Van Halen's Balance is 21% higher than that of For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, the band's previous studio album, which topped the chart with 243,000 units in the summer of 1991.[15]

Track listing[edit]
    All songs by Eddie Van Halen, Michael Anthony, Sammy Hagar and Alex Van Halen.

The album was also released on vinyl and excludes "Baluchitherium" due to time constraints and has a slightly altered track order. The Japanese bonus track "Crossing Over" was used as the B-side to the US CD single for "Can't Stop Lovin' You".

No. Title Length
    1. "The Seventh Seal" 5:18
    2. "Can't Stop Lovin' You" 4:08
    3. "Don't Tell Me (What Love Can Do)" 5:56
    4. "Amsterdam" 4:45
    5. "Big Fat Money" 3:57
    6. "Strung Out" (instrumental) 1:29
    7. "Not Enough" 5:13
    8. "Aftershock" 5:29
    9. "Doin' Time" (drum solo by Alex Van Halen) 1:41
    10. "Baluchitherium" (instrumental) 4:05
    11. "Take Me Back (Déjà Vu)" 4:43
    12. "Feelin'"

Download Here;

This article is about the Van Halen album. For German album Best Of - Vol.1, see Michael Wendler. For other albums, see The Best Of, Volume 1.
    Best of Volume I
    Van Halen - Best of Volume I.jpg
    Greatest hits album by Van Halen
    Released October 22, 1996
    Recorded 1977–1996
    Genre Hard rock, heavy metal
    Length 67:03
    Label Warner Bros.
    Producer Ted Templeman, Van Halen, Mick Jones, Donn Landee, Andy Johns, Bruce Fairbairn, Glen Ballard[1]
    Van Halen chronology
    (1995) Best of Volume I
    (1996) Van Halen III
    Singles from Best of Volume I
    "Humans Being"
    Released: 1996
    "Me Wise Magic"
    Released: 1996
    "Can't Get This Stuff No More"
    Released: 1997
    Professional ratings
    Review scores
    Source Rating
    AllMusic 4/5 stars link
    Q 3/5 stars link
    Robert Christgau (1-star Honorable Mention)[2]
    The Rolling Stone Album Guide 2.5/5 stars link
    Best of Volume I is the first greatest hits album by American hard rock band Van Halen, released in 1996.

The album does not contain any songs from the band's 1982 album Diver Down. Best of Volume I also features "Humans Being," the band's contribution to the Twister soundtrack. The two newly recorded songs, "Can't Get This Stuff No More" and "Me Wise Magic," at the end of the album are with original lead vocalist David Lee Roth. These two songs were released as singles to promote this compilation. They are also the last songs recorded by the original Van Halen lineup of Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen, Roth and Michael Anthony. The Van Halen brothers would not record again with Roth until the album A Different Kind of Truth, released in 2012. Anthony has not played with Van Halen since the band's 2004 tour.

Initial pressings of the album contained an alternate edit of "Runnin' with the Devil" where the verses, chorus and solos were arranged in a different order than that of the original album version. It was reported that this was accidental and subsequent pressings have replaced this version with the one found on Van Halen. However, some radio stations still play this erroneous version of the song.

The album itself, while not controversial, sparked a great deal of in-band controversy because of the personnel issues surrounding the band at the time. Sammy Hagar, who by this time had been a member of Van Halen for eleven years, equal to the amount of time as the previous lead vocalist, David Lee Roth, left the band in June 1996 due to a number of unclear circumstances. Some sources reported that Hagar was dissatisfied with the decision to issue a "greatest hits" collection, and was instead more inclined to do an entirely new album of new material. In either case, the band announced that Hagar had left the band and the band was instead working with David Lee Roth on new material for inclusion on the disc. This was not to last, as Roth and Eddie Van Halen clashed publicly and the band once again was without a lead singer, before hiring Gary Cherone. All songs except "Humans Being", "Can't Get This Stuff No More", and "Me Wise Magic" are included on the band's subsequent greatest hits album The Best of Both Worlds (2004).

Despite the aforementioned friction, the album went on to win Metal Edge magazine's 1996 Readers' Choice Award for "Best Hits or Compilation Album". Hagar shares the accolade with Roth, since the album features material from both singers. Also, the song "Humans Being" (featured on both the album and the Twister film soundtrack) was voted "Best Song From a Movie Soundtrack."[3]

ton of boots to share!

5. The Following Member Likes This Post: