Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 08:33 PM
    Liked 1,126 Times in 617 Posts

Thumbs up If You Could...........

If you could relive your life over from the age of 14, (without knowing what you know now) would you?
    No. I'd probably make the same decisions/mistakes.

If you could relive your life over from the age of 14, (knowing what you know now - which would more than likely change your life as it panned out - relationships, kids, pets etc)) would you?
    Yes.

If you could have it permanently 1978, 1981, 1984, 1987, 1990 or 1993 would you and which year?
    1993. My heart is in 1987 but 93 covers all of the 80s and the spill over into the 90s. Rock was still king with GnR atop the world (I was sick of them at the time but they're a helluva lot better than Jay Z). Plus moile phones weren't prevalent, reality TV wasn't amok, we didn't have the internet, piracy hadn't killed the music industr or scared the film studios into only doing remakes and 'known' IP (toys, comics, books).

If you could have it so a beloved pet never died would you?
    No. As much as I want it to be - I couldn't deny the pets that came ater. One's death allowed another to live.

If you could stop DLR leaving VH in '85 would you?
    Yes.

If you couldn't stop DLR leaving but could stop Sammy joining, would you?
    Yes. I like the Sam era but I never thought he fit and always felt he saw it as 'Sammy and Van Halen' rather than just knuckling down and being a band member. Using his solo spots to play his own material wound me up, too.

If you could travel for a week in the past, knowing you may impact the future, would you?
    Yes. I wouldn't want to alter anything but the allure is too great. Don't know where I'd go, though.

If you could choose your career over again, would you choose another one instead of what you did?
    Good God, yes. In my day, all the clever people went to uni and the non-academic became tradesmen (boys) or into beauty/hair (girls). If I had my time again I'd skip uni and ideally be a builder. Failing that, a plumber or a mechanic. Yup, I wish I followed the 'thick' person's path.
    Last edited by BlofeldsCat; 11.28.15 at 05:15 PM.

Banned!
    Last Online

01.21.16 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 623 Times in 347 Posts

No
    No
    1987, 1990, or 1993: Sammy was in Van Halen
    I would start a zoo.
    No
    No
    Yes
    No

Eruption
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:24 PM
    Liked 1,860 Times in 814 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlofeldsCat View Post
    If you could relive your life over from the age of 14, (without knowing what you know now) would you?
    Yes, too many regrets, would like to think I would do some things differently

If you could relive your life over from the age of 14, (knowing what you know now - which would more than likely change your life as it panned out - relationships, kids, pets etc)) would you?
    Without a doubt

If you could have it permanently 1978, 1981, 1984, 1987, 1990 or 1993 would you and which year?
    1990, I was driving, bought a Bitcoin 79 Camaro, VH was on top, music was still great, the Internet hadn't hit yet do there was anticipation for everything which makes it better

No.

Yes, dying to know what 5150 would have been with Dave

Yes, Sammy never seemed right with them. They made great music without a doubt, so it's not about Sammy per se, but I'm hoping they would go with someone that would keep them more on edge and Raw, Sammy almost made them too polished

If you could travel for a week in the past, knowing you may impact the future, would you?
    Yes.

If you could choose your career over again, would you choose another one instead of what you did?
    No, I've been very blessed to not have a college diploma and still work in the production industry for over 20 years. From being a grunt to a Regional Vice President, I've been very blessed to work for some great companies that have helped build a great life, making more and having more personal pride than many people that did go to college.
    Answers edited in

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:56 AM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

[QUOTE=BlofeldsCat;1848899]If you could relive your life over from the age of 14, (without knowing what you know now) would you?
    yes

Yes.

1978. I'd have started playing guitar then and I'd spend more time with my grandparents, who I lost in the 80's but still miss all the time.

No. As much as I want it to be - I couldn't deny the pets that came ater. One's death allowed another to live. - I agree.

Yes.

No, I wouldn't stop him from joining but I'd have him sing more in the range he sang in on Standing Hampton. And I'd have him shut his yap about Dave, who he owed a lot to, whether he would admit it or not.

Yes, I'd implore Bill Clinton to kill Bin Laden when he had the chance and prevent the fucking mess that has unfolded since.

No. I too skipped college and went to trade school for computer technology (after working full time 2.5 years in Newport News Shipbuilding). I was laid off - it was the best thing to ever happen to me. I learned what I didn't want to do for the rest of my working life. [\QUOTE]

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.14.17 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 753 Times in 498 Posts

No.

This is a tough one because it would mean I wouldn't have my son.

1978....before my oldest brothers death destroyed my family in August 78.

No. As much as I want it to be - I couldn't deny the pets that came ater. One's death allowed another to live. - I agree.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes. I would make sure the Canadian Indian Act never got passed.

Yes. I just got my BSW at the age of 52. I was a high school dropout who did well enough in the clerical field, but I adore what I do and wish I could be doing it longer.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

Probably not. Didn't get it right the first time, no reason to believe I would with a second chance (and no benefit of knowledge)

Tough question. As much as I'd like to go back and Gibbs-slap myself, it would change too many things that did happen (like my son)

Summer of '87 for sure!

only if they could be an eternal puppy! My dog is old - don't know how much time he has left and I have no way of knowing how he REALLY feels.

Yes.

Irrelevant

Yes. I don't think my going to a show on "The Joshua Tree" tour would mess history up!

I don't feel I chose my career

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:11 AM
    Liked 1,042 Times in 525 Posts

No

Yes, but i'd only change 1 thing. I'd never have that first cigarette.

1990 - music was still good, I was gigging regularly and life was a constant party.

As much as i've loved our dogs, no. Grief is part of life, unfortunately.

Yes.

No

Yes, only if could specify the week. I'd go back to the week of June 30th this year and stop my beautiful 16 year old niece from getting into the car that would end her life.

I didn't chose a career until I was 34. I dropped out of school to play in bands & I worked at pizza hut, where I met my wife. I wouldn't change any of that.

9. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 7,624 Times in 4,000 Posts

A big "Yes!" to everything, and my permanent years would either be 1981 or 1984.

The early eighties was a great time to be a kid learning how important music was/is.
    Those years defined me, in a way.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:56 AM
    Liked 6,699 Times in 3,719 Posts

Of course, would be amazing to relive so many moments in my life.

Knowing what we know now, we'd all be billionaires and could certainly find a way to meet the people we ended up having relationships with. So I'd probably say yes.

93 I guess. The culture shock would be pretty crazy going back even that far.

N/A.

No. Would just mean they break up in 86.

No. Most alternatives wouldn't have worked out as well.

I'd travel back to last week with the winning lottery numbers.

Probably not. I have a good life.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

12. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:04 PM
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,124 Posts

Premium Member

Great idea for a thread

Maybe. I'd probably make the same choices anyway. It all worked out pretty well.

Absolutely, though not to get rich--at least initially. I would spend more time with family members that I've lost over the years, especially my dad.

Not to make you guys feel old, but I wasn't alive for the first two and wasn't conscious enough to remember the middle two. That being said, if I could be a teenager around 1981 or 1984, that would be awesome.

Not really.

Yes. Hell yes.

No. While I like Dave more, Sam put out some great music with them. It's a known quantity at this point so I wouldn't want to risk them ruining their careers by having someone that would never work.

Yes. There are so many things you could change that could make the world a better place. Kill Hitler in WWI. ID the hijackers on 9/11 before they can pull of their plot. Tell someone you love to stop a bad habit or they will die in the year ____. On a lighter note, go to 1985 and show Dave a video of him from 2002 and tell him that if he doesn't change his ways, this is the future. Show Eddie a video from 2004 with the same message.

Not sure. I'm in the middle of my career right now and am enjoying life, but I would be lying if I said I didn't wish to be doing something else at times (doesn't everybody?). Maybe if I went back in time and won the lottery, I could be an astronomer. I wouldn't do it now because it pays dirt and I like to be able to do things that having money allows.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:08 AM
    Liked 4,807 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

No because I have a great relationships with my current wife, family and friends. Who knows if that would still be the same

Yes because I missed out having kids because I thought I never wanted them. Took a few miscarriages in my 40's to change the way I feel however its now too late.

Kind of tricky for me to answer. I assume I would be however old I was in said year. Will say 1993 because I would be 24 with more opportunities to get laid. Musically though would want it 1981 for the music plus I could see Randy Rhoads live

Yes. Considering how much money I have spent on one of my current dogs, I need a better ROI. Plus he taught me so much about life.

Yes.

No because I loved the music so much when Sammy joined. Maybe not as much today but they could have done worse.

Yes and would take Mike's idea of the Lottery Tickets.

Yes I would. I definitely have a knack for being creative. Would have done something in advertising, marketing or possibly radio/TV.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    Yes. There are so many things you could change that could make the world a better place. Kill Hitler in WWI. ID the hijackers on 9/11 before they can pull of their plot. Tell someone you love to stop a bad habit or they will die in the year ____. On a lighter note, go to 1985 and show Dave a video of him from 2002 and tell him that if he doesn't change his ways, this is the future. Show Eddie a video from 2004 with the same message.
    I thought in that vein - but it's a tricky one. Where do you go? Stop John Wilkes Booth? James Earl Ray? Hitler? The 9/11 Terrorists? The Titanic? Pearl Harbor?

Or for lighter ones, I might want to tell the members of Lynyrd Skynyrd not to get on that plane. Or John Bonham not to drink so much. Or Keith Moon. Or Bon Scott. Tell Lennon to take a cab. Tell ELVIS' people to keep a better watch on him. I don't know!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

No. Sometimes you gotta go through it, to grow through it.

Probably not.

1987. The summer before my senior year of high school. Good times!

Yes. My dog Maggie was awesome.

No. Dave had a great run with CVH, but to me the band and the music was breathed new life when Sammy joined.

No. And miss out on all that great music!?!

Yes. Woodstock or bust, baby! As far as impact the future, I wouldn't. I would just live and let die.

Yes. I would have done something in music or sports where my passion lies, but my military career was good to me.
    Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top