Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 12:42 PM
    Liked 11,796 Times in 6,538 Posts

Premium Member

Default Was The Poop Swastika Incident At Mizzou A Giant Hoax?

NOVEMBER 10, 2015

By Sean Davis

Something stinks at the University of Missouri. A reported incident of vandalism at Mizzou sparked university-wide protests, a boycott by the school’s 4-5 football team, and eventually the resignation of the university’s president and chancellor.

There’s only one problem: no evidence of the alleged incident, in which a poop swastika on the wall of a dormitory restroom was reported, has ever been made publicly available. Did this incident occur as reported, or was it an immaculate defecation that formed the foundation of an unimaginable deception?

According to Billy Donley, the president of Mizzou’s Residence Halls Association (RHA), the poop swastika was reported at approximately 2:00 a.m. on October 24, 2015.

“On Saturday, October 24th, at 2:00am an individual came into one of the restrooms in Gateway Hall and drew a swastika on the wall with their own feces,” Donley wrote in a letter several days after the alleged incident. “This event happened while many students, including myself, were already asleep.”

Later in his letter, Donley noted that he only found out about the alleged vandalism incident “via a flyer posted on the walls” of the dorm.

Although Donley did not respond to repeated requests for comment prior to publication, The Federalist spoke with two RHA staffers while trying to get in touch with Donley. Neither had personally witnessed the poop swastika. When asked if there was any photographic evidence of the alleged incident, one staffer replied, “Not to my knowledge.”

Frankie Minor, the director of residential life at Mizzou, did not respond to repeated requests for comment on whether he personally saw the poop swastika or any photographic evidence of it.

The Federalist also attempted to contact Christian Basi, the associate director of the University of Missouri News Bureau, whopreviously told the Columbia Missourian on Oct. 30 that the incident had been immediately reported to Mizzou police. Basi did not respond to requests for comment prior to the publication of this article.

Calls to the University of Missouri Police Department, whichresponded to and investigated the alleged poop swastika incident, also failed to yield any evidence of the poopstika.

Multiple activists on Twitter pointed to this photo as proof that the incident occurred as reported,

but a Google search for the same image shows that it has been floating around the Internet for nearly a year. https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sb...xk3XDtZZDHKVDY

A reddit thread from November of 2014 appears to contain the earliest publication of the photo in question, https://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comment...in_my_schools/

meaning that it most certainly does not constitute proof of the incident alleged to have occurred at Mizzou on October 24, 2015.

Maj. Brian Weimer, the public information officer for the Mizzou police department, told The Federalist that he also did not personally see the poop swastika that was reported to police. When asked if anyone in the police department personally witnessed the swastika, Maj. Weimer clammed up and referred all questions about the incident to the university’s custodian of public records.

The Federalist also repeatedly contacted @ConcernedStu dent1950, the Twitter account representing Mizzou protesters who issued a series of demands of university administrators after the alleged poop swastika incident made headlines. The individuals running the @CS1950 account failed to produce any photographic or documentary evidence of the incident prior to publication of this article.

While a mere absence of evidence is not synonymous with evidence of absence, the complete lack of any verifiable photographic evidence of the alleged poop swastika and the lack of any named eye witnesses raises serious questions about the veracity of a racially charged incident of vandalism that eventually led to the resignation of the University of Missouri’s two top administrators.

Did the incident happen as reported, or did two university administrators resign over protests that were sparked by a hoax? And if the incident did happen as reported, a proposition for which no publicly available evidence currently exists, how did university administrators and law enforcement authorities confirm that the vandalism was driven by racial animosity, as opposed to being promulgated as a public relations stunt meant to tar the university for failing to provide an environment free of racist invective? It would not be the first time a public university fell victim to a high profile PR stunt that was later revealed to be a fabrication. Either way, students, their parents, university employees, and Missouri taxpayers deserve solid, verifiable answers based on clear evidence about what exactly transpired in that Gateway Wall bathroom in the early morning of October 24.

Under the provisions of Missouri’s broad public records laws, The Federalist has requested from the University of Missouri copies of any and all records relating to the alleged vandalism, including any police or incident reports describing the investigation of the poop swastika by law enforcement authorities, as well as any photographic records of the alleged swastika, and will make that information available if and when it is received from university officials.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/11/10/...-a-giant-hoax/
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 2,391 Times in 1,492 Posts

Premium Member

Shit Happens.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

4. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:05 PM
    Liked 1,489 Times in 1,018 Posts

Premium Member

Mizzou student body president admits to spreading false rumor KKK was on campus

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/11/...aign=111115fed
    Michael Caine on Jaws: The Revenge:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Samuel Johnson 1775 : “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel”

"McDonalds is The Antichrist" - Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSH6ofHbeUw

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:20 AM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
    Mizzou student body president admits to spreading false rumor KKK was on campus

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/11/...aign=111115fed
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,107 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

He should be out to the sword
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by evhintexas View Post
    He should be out to the sword
    Oh, stop being so intolerant! These poor blacks are scared and running for their lives. Those evil white men! (sarcasm)

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built and it is terrific."

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 12:02 PM
    Liked 866 Times in 508 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Pathetic that he'd do something like that. At the very least he should resign his position, and I would think he would be subject to university discipline of some sort.
    Last edited by UncleCrappy; 11.12.15 at 07:28 AM.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Get ready, workforce! These entitled little buttercups are coming your way! Get those workplace safe spaces prepared or be prepared for endless lawsuits and attempts at bad publicity. Don't forget to hire lots of psychologists to work for the HR department. They will be very busy.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Premium Member

While the source is somewhat questionable, it seems like there is a lot of BS with this story.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:56 AM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    "Keep up the hard work" Oh for fucks sake, what's next, they start calling him a Hero!
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:35 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 87 Posts

Donor

The boy that cried wolf.

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 10:41 AM
    Liked 1,035 Times in 506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    "Keep up the hard work" Oh for fucks sake, what's next, they start calling him a Hero!
    Really. " You are HUMAN". Unless you would have said something that personally offended me and then "You are a MONSTER...and I will call the cops to address your hurtful behavior."
    "...it's steak and whiskey time in America." - bklynboy68

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 02:31 PM
    Liked 3,126 Times in 1,832 Posts

Premium Member

Also, Jonathan Butler, the hunger strike student who had listed grievances about the racism, swastika, and the loss of insurance for grad students (which as a side note was a result of the ACA) is the son of the VP of marketing and sales for Union Pacific, making $9 million a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 12:42 PM
    Liked 11,796 Times in 6,538 Posts

Premium Member

Missouri prof quits amid exam firestorm, school rejects resignation

November 12, 2015

A popular professor at embattled University of Missouri who initially refused to cancel an exam amid spiraling protests, then canceled the test and quit when angry students accused him of insensitivity, had his letter of resignation rejected by the school, a spokesperson told FoxNews.com on Thursday.

The school refused to accept the resignation of Dale Brigham, an associate professor teaching nutrition and exercise, who has been described by previous students in glowing terms such as a "sweetheart" and "adorable." Brigham's offer to resign came one day after he emailed students that he was canceling an exam and quitting his post in response to a backlash from current students upset that he wouldn't delay the test.

“The exam is canceled,” Brigham wrote on Wednesday. “No one will have to come to class today. And, I am resigning my position.”

Some students were upset that Brigham initially refused to postpone the test amid a wave of protests that have already caused the university president to resign. Demonstrators believe several alleged, racially-charged incidents and the school's slow reaction to them have created an unsafe campus environment. While protests have been mostly peaceful, they have brought much of ordinary life on campus to a grinding halt and some students apparently feared coming to class could be dangerous.

Brigham initially responded to students’ request to delay the exam with an email in which he urged them not to “give in to bullies.”

“If you don’t feel safe coming to class, then don’t come to class,” Brigham wrote to his class on Tuesday. “I will be there, and there will be an exam administered in our class.

“If you give in to bullies, they win. The only way bullies are defeated is by standing up to them. If we cancel the exam, they win; if we go through with it, they lose. I know which side I am on. You make your own choice.”

Brigham could not be reached for comment on whether he intends to follow through on his vow to leave the school. While known as a popular instructor, his call to stand up to threats and come to class did not sit well with some minority students in Brigham’s class.

“My teacher had the nerve to email me, ‘If we cancel class, then we let the bullies win,’” one sophomore tweeted. “Like this is a game or something.”

Brigham apologized to some students Tuesday evening, telling at least one student, who posted what appeared to be a copy of Brigham's email to Twitter, that he would offer the exam as scheduled Wednesday but also offer a make-up test.

“I could have and should have used much better words in trying to say that we must stand up to hatred and not let those kind of people who make threats run our lives,” Brigham said in the email. “Obviously, I wrote poorly.”

But by the following day, Brigham had gone even further, canceling the exam outright and offering his resignation, which was eventually not accepted.

“I am just trying to do what I think is best for our students and the university as an institution,” Brigham told KOMU8News. “If my leaders think that my leaving would help, I am all for it. I made a mistake, and I do not want to cause further harm.”

Protests at the University of Missouri have already led to the resignations of system President Tim Wolfe and Chancellor R. Bowen Loftin. Assistant Prof. Melissa Click, who appeared in a viral video obstructing a journalist from filming protests, resigned her courtesy appointment to the journalism school but is still ostensibly employed by the university. A Missouri spokesperson said Wednesday the school would not comment on the employment status of its professors.

Brigham is a seemingly well-liked professor, who earned a 5.0 rating and "A" grade in 59 reviews on ratemyprofessors.com. Students who commented used terms such as "adorable" and "nicest" to describe Brigham.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/12...1&intcmp=hpbt3
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen