5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

5150. Summer nights.
    Last Online

11.23.17 @ 09:42 PM
    Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts

Default Barrie, Canada 1993

Just giving some heads up here....
    I'd never heard this existed, but I've ordered it from a guy on ioffer.com called metalheadbrazil. Just search up Van Halen live DVDs and it will come up.
    It's a bootleg, but doesn't state what quality.
    Very cool set list. "Dreams" is 2nd song into set.
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:42 AM
    Liked 6,973 Times in 5,009 Posts

Premium Member

Very curious!!!
    I have a dvd boot from this show - my 1st VH concert! - which was shot from the rear of the park. Very distant/blurry/bathed in spotlights, but still pretty cool. I'd be VERY interested to know if it's the same version I have? Any way of checking?

There was some pro-shot stuff from this show. I saw it on MuchMusic here in Canada. I've been DYING to get the full show, or as much as possible, in top quality.
    Keep me posted. I'll pay handsomely for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

P.S. - I'd be happy to trade shows, if yours has different video footage, or simply send you a dvd-r copy of the one I have. PM me if need be... Cheers
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Good Enough Dont disturb my Paradise's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

5150. Summer nights.
    Last Online

11.23.17 @ 09:42 PM
    Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts

I don't have equipment to burn, etc, but can always pay you. Will see how it is when it arrives. I've got Uniondale 98 coming too from same guy.
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dont disturb my Paradise View Post
    I don't have equipment to burn, etc, but can always pay you. Will see how it is when it arrives. I've got Uniondale 98 coming too from same guy.
    I'm not worried about getting paid, although I DO appreciate the sentiment!
    Just stoked to hear about footage from this gig, which may be different from what I already have. Huge sentimental value for me.

If there's any way you can show a clip or link to another source for viewing it, that would be great! As far as my footage goes, PM me your details and I'll send you out a copy, on my dime. I've burned stuff and shipped it out for a few other members on here...

Cheers..., Robbie

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:39 AM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,721 Posts

when you see Sammy messing around with an umbrella late in the show, that was mine.

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    when you see Sammy messing around with an umbrella late in the show, that was mine.
    It's been a while since I've seen it, Mike. I'll have to pop it in again soon.

I had some pro-shot video footage of the show on vhs. There was a backstage/outside interview with the band, and EVH was goofing off and showing how the whammy bar was squeaking, on his unplugged amber quilt EBMM axe. He said "Somebody get the WD-40!" LOL. There was also front row footage from the opening song - Mine All Mine - and distinctly showed Ed's guitar solo, and him kicking a beach ball, off the stage and into the crowd... I lent that tape to an old friend and never got it back...

I've sent emails to Much Music and got a reply that "We are not a dubbing company." Also sent FB messages to a couple of friends from Harem Scarem, who played the same festival, but on another stage. Got no leads there, either. Let it be known that I'll pay top dollar for pro shot footage from this gig!!!

I've almost tried to log onto some Kim Mitchell, Vince Neil, Jayhawks, Alannah Myles websites, to try and see if any of their fans have recordings from this particular Canada Day festival.
    This is my '81 Oakland... Haha.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 1,974 Times in 1,369 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    It's been a while since I've seen it, Mike. I'll have to pop it in again soon.

I had some pro-shot video footage of the show on vhs. There was a backstage/outside interview with the band, and EVH was goofing off and showing how the whammy bar was squeaking, on his unplugged amber quilt EBMM axe. He said "Somebody get the WD-40!" LOL. There was also front row footage from the opening song - Mine All Mine - and distinctly showed Ed's guitar solo, and him kicking a beach ball, off the stage and into the crowd... I lent that tape to an old friend and never got it back...

I've sent emails to Much Music and got a reply that "We are not a dubbing company." Also sent FB messages to a couple of friends from Harem Scarem, who played the same festival, but on another stage. Got no leads there, either. Let it be known that I'll pay top dollar for pro shot footage from this gig!!!

I've almost tried to log onto some Kim Mitchell, Vince Neil, Jayhawks, Alannah Myles websites, to try and see if any of their fans have recordings from this particular Canada Day festival.
    This is my '81 Oakland... Haha.
    Have you tried asking around at VHTrading? Most of those traders are experts on if a show is in circulation and in what quality. I traded many shows over there back in the day. Good group of reputable traders.

http://www.vhtrading.com/forums/forum.php

9. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
    Have you tried asking around at VHTrading? Most of those traders are experts on if a show is in circulation and in what quality. I traded many shows over there back in the day. Good group of reputable traders.

http://www.vhtrading.com/forums/forum.php
    I have not, and I thank you for the suggestion and the link!

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

I'm still trying to get that old vhs tape off the long lost friend I lent it to - the one with the pro shot news clips from front row and backstage, at the 1993 Barrie show.
    We're on FB and almost met up at the last Toronto gig for a beer. Sadly, we missed each other but we've texted each other since then. I hope he still has it!!!!

Speaking of that show, this photo recently surfaced. It shows Eddie with what seems to be a Canadian Flag painted EBMM. Was it from that gig (Canada Day July 1st 1993), or was it used after that day as well? Are there any more photos of it??? Is there a source??? Do any of the Linkers who were also there, recall the guitar - Mike, Mitch, etc.?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Here's the photo:

980840_1560292860966291_7701126295927221682_o.jpg

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:22 AM
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

I'm still trying to get that old vhs tape off the long lost friend I lent it to - the one with the pro shot news clips from front row and backstage, at the 1993 Barrie show.
    We're on FB and almost met up at the last Toronto gig for a beer. Sadly, we missed each other but we've texted each other since then. I hope he still has it!!!!

Speaking of that show, this photo recently surfaced. It shows Eddie with what seems to be a Canadian Flag painted EBMM. Was it from that gig (Canada Day July 1st 1993), or was it used after that day as well? Are there any more photos of it??? Is there a source??? Do any of the Linkers who were also there, recall the guitar - Mike, Mitch, etc.?

Here's the photo:

If, by Mitch, you mean me....I was 4 at the time, bud.

But I do know from other Linker buds of mine who were there, that that guitar is from the Barrie Canada Day Gig.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post

But I do know from other Linker buds of mine who were there, that that guitar is from the Barrie Canada Day Gig.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Do any of those buds have any more photos or info etc. about the guitar, or from that show in general?
    Last edited by RRvh1; 03.26.16 at 05:47 AM.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:39 AM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,721 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MF5150 View Post

i was there. I believe that is from that show

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    i was there. I believe that is from that show
    Very cool, Mike.

Any of your pals/contacts/etc. have any more pics from that show?

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,340 Times in 3,185 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Here's the photo:

That's a fucking killer pic.

Sent from my iPhone using swagger

19. The Following Member Likes This Post: