Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

12.13.11 @ 02:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

So what DLR has a receding hairline. He isn't the same person from 18 years ago. Is Sammy the same person from 6 years ago? I'm sure he's gained a few pounds and downed plenty of tequila.

Hasn't Edward lived the last 18 years or is he preserved or something? Imagine how many cigs he's smoked since then and how much alchol (sp?) he's consumed.

Nobody is the same, everyone changes. If Classic VH reunites it would be awesome. [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] If they reunite with Sam I'm sure they would be a very good band. My point is time takes it toll on everyone. It'll never be the same for VH.

Would Gretzky be the same if he returned to the NHL? I doubt he could score 20 goals. But, he would still be incredible to watch.

Sorry, for the rant. I would just like to purchase the fountain of youth stuff that you guys have.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC:

Nobody is the same, everyone changes. If Classic VH reunites it would be awesome. [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img] If they reunite with Sam I'm sure they would be a very good band. My point is time takes it toll on everyone. It'll never be the same for VH.

This is good point that many seem to forget. If this thing was to happen I hope people aren't expecting it to be just like they were in 1984 or 1996 in sammy's case. This is why I don't know why Dave insist on doing this 80's retro thing, hair, clothes & all. If these guys get back together they need to reinvent themselves. Sure. they can have some elements of the past, but generally speaking I'd like to see a progression (not as in progressive rock) but Van Halen rock 'n roll with a new millenium twist. Dave's an intelligent guy, I'm sure he can write clever contemporary lyrics that have nothing to do with partying, cars & chicks.

On Fire
    Last Online

10.28.09 @ 03:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ask the guys in DLRArmy. They know where the fountain of youth is (in their illusions). [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by YankeeRose:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by EVH FANATIC:
    So what DLR has a receding hairline. He isn't the same person from 18 years ago. Is Sammy the same person from 6 years ago? I'm sure he's gained a few pounds and downed plenty of tequila.

Hasn't Edward lived the last 18 years or is he preserved or something? Imagine how many cigs he's smoked since then and how much alchol (sp?) he's consumed.

Would Gretzky be the same if he returned to the NHL? I doubt he could score 20 goals. But, he would still be incredible to watch.

Sorry, for the rant. I would just like to purchase the fountain of youth stuff that you guys have.
    Your post doesn't make sense to me. You can't compare a musician to an athlete. Every athlete knows that they probably can't compete at a high level when they are in their forties or fifties. They usually peak in their twenties or early thirties.

Musicians are a different story though. Musicians like artists get better with age! Eddie Van Halen will still be an incredible guitar player when he is 60!
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yes YR! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] EVH is and always will be an incredible guitar player. I never said that he wouldn't be. My point in a nutshell is that the members of VH are getting older everday, just like us. Let's not worry about Roth's receding hairline. Let's not woory about Sammy's weight. I hear people mention how they think if Roth comes back it will be 1984 all over again. Wrong! 1984 is gone. Accept these men for how they are now [img]smile.gif[/img]

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

Would Gretzky be the same if he returned to the NHL? I doubt he could score 20 goals.
    dude you are soooo trippin'! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Eruption
    Last Online

03.22.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 216 Times in 102 Posts

Would Van Halen be the same if they reunited with Dave or Sammy? No, of course not. So why expose this fact? What happened when Micheal Jordan came back? Not a damn thing. He used to be a human scoring machine. Now he's just a regular old player. Same thing would happen to Wayne Gretzky. Ever heard of aging gracefully? Stopping while you're ahead? Leaving at the top?If the old lineup got back together, Dave (or Sammy) would try to make it some flashback to 1982 (or 1995) or something. And it would suck. It took major balls to do what Eddie did in 1998. Sure, he could've got Roth back and raked in the cash. He'd rather bomb doing what he believed in instead of making an ass out of himself with Dave by not having his heart in it. I really hate Roth and Sammy. For the record, I didn't think VH3 was nearly as bad as everyone says.

Do I think Eddie is some old geezer that should give up? Hell no! Did Clapton quit in his 50s? Nope, he's 57 and doing just fine. But Eddie's party days with Roth and Sammy are over. I think Eddie should do his own thing without Dave and Sammy. He is more talented than those two clowns combined. I want to hear him play without those idiots screaming on top of it.
    Leave everything to me!-Powdered Toast Man

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Your post doesn't make sense to me. You can't compare a musician to an athlete. Every athlete knows that they probably can't compete at a high level when they are in their forties or fifties. They usually peak in their twenties or early thirties.

Musicians are a different story though. Musicians like artists get better with age! Eddie Van Halen will still be an incredible guitar player when he is 60!
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by JMJ:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by EVH FANATIC:

Would Gretzky be the same if he returned to the NHL? I doubt he could score 20 goals.
    dude you are soooo trippin'! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

JMJ
    </font>[/QUOTE]yeah but he'd have 60 or more assists and be up there in the standings...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, I'm the One, Dreams
    Last Online

02.14.17 @ 07:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

gretzky & EVH are the greatest, most talented, and gifted people ever at their respective pastimes.

i believe they share the same birthday, too.

coincidence? i think not.
    -VanEdge
    1992 EBMM EVH (Translucent Red)
    1993 EBMM EVH (Translucent Yellow)
    1999 Peavey Wolfgang (Translucent Purple)
    2005 EVH Art Series Charvel (Red/White/Black Stripe)
    2009 EVH Wolfgang (Tobacco Sunburst)

THE INTERNET HAS BEEN GIVEN FAIR WARNING... VHLINKS/FORUMS WILL NOT DIE!!! - VanEdge

"Eddie Van Halen could fart into a microphone and make better music than anyone else." - VanEdge

"See, all I do is make music..." - EVH

"Look at all the people here tonight!" - DLR

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Ain"t Talkin Bout Love
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by yomamasofat:
    Ask the guys in DLRArmy. They know where the fountain of youth is (in their illusions). [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Yo, Ilikefatmamas, why don't you go over there and ask them yourself.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Originally posted by VanEdge:
    gretzky & EVH are the greatest, most talented, and gifted people ever at their respective pastimes.

i believe they share the same birthday, too.

coincidence? i think not.
    Yes they do. January 26th [img]smile.gif[/img]