Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 213 12341151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 3190
  1. #1
    Baluchitherium steve mcqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.27.06
    Age
    51
    Location
    The Bay Area
    Posts
    4,534
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 10:41 PM
    Likes
    64
    Liked 209 Times in 124 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default The NBA 2015-16 Season

    Still hard to wrap my head around this, but these guys are getting rings tonight and a Championship banner is being in the rafters of Roaracle tonight....


    golden-state-warriors-2015-nba-champs-header.jpg

  2. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  3. #2
    Atomic Punk atomicpunk5151's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.26.04
    Location
    NOR-CAL
    Posts
    13,572
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained, Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Likes
    1,924
    Liked 1,975 Times in 1,369 Posts

    Default

    Just flipped to local csnba tv coverage to catch the Warriors pre game during the inning break in the world series. Crowd in Oakland should be insane when the banner goes up.

  4. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  5. #3
    Emperor of VHLinks.com Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.02.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Somewhere Near LA
    Posts
    68,728
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Likes
    1,265
    Liked 11,593 Times in 4,941 Posts

    Default

    Can I vomit?
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

    JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

  6. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:


  7. #4
    Atomic Punk JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    44
    Posts
    9,142
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Likes
    32,716
    Liked 8,782 Times in 4,752 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Hope the Warriors and Curry can both repeat as champs and MVP!

  8. #5
    Emperor of VHLinks.com Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.02.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Somewhere Near LA
    Posts
    68,728
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Likes
    1,265
    Liked 11,593 Times in 4,941 Posts

    Default The NBA 2015-16 Season

    Can I vomit again?

    I've never been so disinterested in the NBA in my entire life. With the Lakers beyond terrible and hopeless I just have no enjoyment in watching any games period. I've never cared less it's weird. Just nothing to look forward to. I didn't even realize the season started tonight until I saw this thread. I'm so out of it.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

    JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

  9. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  10. #6
    Atomic Punk JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    44
    Posts
    9,142
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Likes
    32,716
    Liked 8,782 Times in 4,752 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Can I vomit again?

    I've never been so disinterested in the NBA in my entire life. With the Lakers beyond terrible and hopeless I just have no enjoyment in watching any games period. I've never cared less it's weird. Just nothing to look forward to. I didn't even realize the season started tonight until I saw this thread. I'm so out of it.
    Honestly the Warriors are the only team I've cared for since Jordan retired. I think Reggie Miller was the last of the players I grew up watching to retire, and to me the game just isn't the same and it hasn't changed for the better. I started watching the game in the late 70s with my Pop when we had those great Sonics teams, and to me, the 80s up through the 90s represents the Golden Age of the NBA. Nowadays, everyone is all tatted up and acting like thug hip hop wannabes lol. I do think Kobe is one of the last of the old school type players.

    But, I still love the college game, and have greatly enjoyed watching Stephen Curry since he had that amazing run in March Madness with Davidson his sophomore season. He is by far my favorite modern day player, I always liked his Dad, and he's well on his way to going down as the greatest shooter the game has ever seen. The Warriors are the only team I like to watch anymore.

  11. #7
    Atomic Punk atomicpunk5151's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.26.04
    Location
    NOR-CAL
    Posts
    13,572
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained, Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Likes
    1,924
    Liked 1,975 Times in 1,369 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    Honestly the Warriors are the only team I've cared for since Jordan retired. I think Reggie Miller was the last of the players I grew up watching to retire, and to me the game just isn't the same and it hasn't changed for the better. I started watching the game in the late 70s with my Pop when we had those great Sonics teams, and to me, the 80s up through the 90s represents the Golden Age of the NBA. Nowadays, everyone is all tatted up and acting like thug hip hop wannabes lol. I do think Kobe is one of the last of the old school type players.

    But, I still love the college game, and have greatly enjoyed watching Stephen Curry since he had that amazing run in March Madness with Davidson his sophomore season. He is by far my favorite modern day player, I always liked his Dad, and he's well on his way to going down as the greatest shooter the game has ever seen. The Warriors are the only team I like to watch anymore.
    I agree with a lot of this. NBA basketball is about my 4 favorite sport to watch behind MLB, NHL and NFL.

    The Warriors have got me back into watching NBA basketball the last few years that Curry has been there. They just play the game so fluidly with the passing and ball movement. Add that to the lights out shooting and pretty solid Defense, just a great team to watch.

    I mostly just flipped to the Warriors/Pelicans during the innings break of the World Series. When ever I flipped it Curry was coming off a screen and draining a shot.

  12. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  13. #8
    Banned!
    Join Date
    06.01.15
    Posts
    950
    Last Online

    01.21.16 @ 09:53 AM
    Likes
    722
    Liked 623 Times in 347 Posts

    Default

    I love Golden State's run. I hope they repeat. Steph Curry is awesome and good for the league.

  14. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  15. #9
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,157
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 08:01 PM
    Likes
    1,321
    Liked 6,708 Times in 3,727 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Can I vomit again?

    I've never been so disinterested in the NBA in my entire life. With the Lakers beyond terrible and hopeless I just have no enjoyment in watching any games period. I've never cared less it's weird. Just nothing to look forward to. I didn't even realize the season started tonight until I saw this thread. I'm so out of it.
    this is what happens when a dynasty crumbles. The Lakers better get that fixed because you aren't alone.

  16. #10
    Atomic Punk atomicpunk5151's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.26.04
    Location
    NOR-CAL
    Posts
    13,572
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained, Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Likes
    1,924
    Liked 1,975 Times in 1,369 Posts

    Default

    Hey Mcqueen....

    Did you see the Warriors championship rings yet? Pretty cool detail on the side of the ring to make it look like the outside of Oracle Arena. Also on the inside of the ring.



    Last edited by atomicpunk5151; 10.28.15 at 11:28 AM.

  17. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  18. #11
    Atomic Punk atomicpunk5151's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.26.04
    Location
    NOR-CAL
    Posts
    13,572
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained, Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Likes
    1,924
    Liked 1,975 Times in 1,369 Posts

    Default

    Also got to give Charles Barkley some credit for owning up to what he said about the Warriors last year. Pretty funny.....


  19. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:


  20. #12
    Atomic Punk JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    44
    Posts
    9,142
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Likes
    32,716
    Liked 8,782 Times in 4,752 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5151 View Post
    I agree with a lot of this. NBA basketball is about my 4 favorite sport to watch behind MLB, NHL and NFL.

    The Warriors have got me back into watching NBA basketball the last few years that Curry has been there. They just play the game so fluidly with the passing and ball movement. Add that to the lights out shooting and pretty solid Defense, just a great team to watch.

    I mostly just flipped to the Warriors/Pelicans during the innings break of the World Series. When ever I flipped it Curry was coming off a screen and draining a shot.
    They really are a fun team to watch, and very unselfish. Curry is such a joy to watch.

  21. #13
    Atomic Punk JUNGLE DRUMMER's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.20.07
    Age
    44
    Posts
    9,142
    Favorite VH Album

    WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 05:18 PM
    Likes
    32,716
    Liked 8,782 Times in 4,752 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    this is what happens when a dynasty crumbles. The Lakers better get that fixed because you aren't alone.
    No offense meant, because everyone has their favorite teams, but I can go the rest of my life without either the Lakers or Celtics or Lebron winning another title.

  22. The Following Member Likes This Post:


  23. #14
    Emperor of VHLinks.com Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.02.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Somewhere Near LA
    Posts
    68,728
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Likes
    1,265
    Liked 11,593 Times in 4,941 Posts

    Default The NBA 2015-16 Season

    Kobe is definitely the last of the great old school players and he's a shell of what he was. He's done and it's hard to watch. I don't care for how the game is played anymore, it's a three point contest, and I'm just not a fan of that. And with the Lakers sucking it's easy for me to just not watch. There's just no players that I care about anymore. It's a bummer honestly for me. Because I love the sport.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

    JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

  24. #15
    Emperor of VHLinks.com Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.02.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Somewhere Near LA
    Posts
    68,728
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Likes
    1,265
    Liked 11,593 Times in 4,941 Posts

    Default The NBA 2015-16 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLE DRUMMER View Post
    No offense meant, because everyone has their favorite teams, but I can go the rest of my life without either the Lakers or Celtics or Lebron winning another title.
    Trust me the league doesn't feel that way.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

    JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. MLB 2015 Baseball Season
    By atomicpunk5151 in forum Play Ball!
    Replies: 1551
    Last Post: 11.19.15, 08:34 AM
  2. 2015 NBA OFF-SEASON THREAD..........
    By Eddymon in forum Play Ball!
    Replies: 582
    Last Post: 10.27.15, 12:00 PM
  3. 2015 NFL off-season thread
    By BREW CREW in forum Play Ball!
    Replies: 226
    Last Post: 10.18.15, 09:09 PM
  4. 2015 NHL off season thread
    By Eddymon in forum Play Ball!
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: 10.07.15, 09:53 AM
  5. THE Hot Stove thread - MLB Off-Season 2015
    By billy007 in forum Play Ball!
    Replies: 436
    Last Post: 04.05.15, 02:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •