Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I read on VHND that Mike may be working with Sammy on a new album, which could really be bad news for VH. I thought it to be a bit odd that Mike started his own site outside of VH and with the split from WB and the fact that we are hearing virtually nothing from VH, this may just be the end of Van Halen. The reality is that all good things must end. Too bad it is all because EVH has his head up his ass.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. What's Mike suppose to do sit with his finger firmly wedged up his ass? Dude is probly itching to get back on the road and make music and if he hooked up with Sam maybe that's a good thing. Maybe Mike could act a s a buffer in getting Sam back with Van Halen. One can only hope.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes, This is a good thing. Mike must butter up Sammy for a big VAN HALEN comeback!!!!
    "Jebe Ga"

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:14 AM
    Liked 986 Times in 397 Posts

maybe this will be the telling factor if vh will do anything this year.

if indeed mikey does sign on for that deal, forget about any vh in 2002.

JMJ
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 3
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It might get recorded in 5150, will Mike, Ed and Alex and boom new VH, THINK ABOUT IT. IT MAY BE A COVER UP??
    "Jebe Ga"

Good Enough
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by BEZEK KNOWS BEST:
    Yes, This is a good thing. Mike must butter up Sammy...
    Do you remember the Bugs Bunny cartoon when Bugs was shipwrecked with those two guys, and toward the end, when they looked at each other, they saw a burger and a hot dog?? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Don't bark at me...<b>I</b> didn't name ya.

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I suppose Sam & Mike getting together would not surprise me alltogether. However, it seems unlikely!
    "What is understood don't need to be discussed. 'Aint that right Edward?'" Sammy Hagar, Right Here Right Now

Eruption
    Last Online

03.22.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 216 Times in 102 Posts

I think if Mike started working with Sammy, Eddie and Alex would consider it a betrayal and never want to work with him again. Sort of a "crossing the line" kind of thing. I think it would also mean the end of Van Halen as we know it. Whatever that is.
    Leave everything to me!-Powdered Toast Man

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have known since Sammy left/fired from VH that Mike and Sam were pals and it is too bad that Mike would have to worry what Ed and Alex might do or say to him for hanging with Sammy. Obviously it is speculation that Mike and Sammy are going to be working together, but it is definitely NOT unbelieveable.

But let's be realistic even if that means it may hurt, VH has been slipping and slipping further into nothingness since Sammy. He is just as much a part of VH as DLR. In fact, in many ways, I actually prefer Sam over Dave. I just can't say that the ONLY singer for VH is Dave. Dave was great, but so was Sammy. Now to go beyond Sammy and Dave, I just couldn't accept it. Gary in the band was a neat little experiment, but it just wasn't Van Halen and to me, that just goes to show that Ed, Al and Mike really AREN'T Van Halen by themselves. Throw in Sam or Dave and you have Van Halen. But anyway, it looks grim for VH these days. I am beating a dead horse here, but Ed is a weener and everyone knows it, but won't say it. He is the control in VH and what he says goes. It has always been like that. I think that there was going to be a VH reunion with Dave and Ed just couldn't hang with Dave. There is too much ego there. I think Dave realized that he was walking down the same shitty path that he did in '96 and jumped into the solo stuff again. Warner didn't want VH around if Dave wasn't in the picture so Ed and the VH crew kindly parted with WB. Let's face it, Dave in Van Halen equals mega bucks for the group and WB. The younger generation would even buy into a reunited Van Halen. A VH reunion with Dave would most likely spark a renewed interest in rock and roll. Dave says a VH reunion is inevitable and he is right, but what really sucks is that it could be a year from now or 10 years from now. I think they will get back together for one last run, but not any time soon.

This whole Van Halen thing is really strange when I think about it. I mean shit, I am in my 30's and actually have a life, but I find myself coming here to see what is happening with my old favorite band and of course to bitch and complain. I feel like a teen again!

I am off topic, sorry. Just throwing out some thoughts....

Banned!
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's just sad that poor Mikey is just an employee.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member
    I am sure this puts a "strain" on Mike's relationship with the VH bros. You know what, too bad Ed & Al !!

If Mike does anything with Sammy, it will only be, in addition too, not instead of, his membership in VH. If Mike knew he would be ousted because he worked with Sammy, I dont think he would do it.

Also, I am sure Mike is "itching" to get back to some music.

Last Online

11.02.05 @ 03:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

well for starters mike and sammy are pals- that never changed. sammy stated on his recent dvd that the only reason he doesn't have more contact with mike is to spare him the backlash from ed and al.

all of these guys are finiancially sound enough to not worry about status- of course vh is bigger than a post-vh spin-off but frankly it's been years since the last vh album , it wasn't successful by vh standards and the future of vh is not a sure-thing.so it's not like mike has to worry about album sales- his mansion is paid for. if ed will walk away from the mega-huge reunion with dave simply because he doesn't like him then why wouldn't mike choose to work with people he simply likes. i'd hate to work with someone i didn't like, so i see where ed might have the perogative- even though it disappoints me greatly!-- but sammy is happy and active and i am sure mike misses working with him.

who knows, this could be a trial balloon to see what fans think. if ed has a ton of tracks in the can and won't commit to anything then why should mike sit around?? [img]graemlins/irked.gif[/img]

through thick and thin- lately pretty thin- every vh fan has loved and supported mike. if he is impelled to leave as dave and sammy before him then i will eagerly look forward to his next gig.

he certainly won't be a waborita, but hagar/schon/anthony....? works for me.

still, i stubbornly refuse to write- off vh.
    we may just have to brace ourselves for mark 4.

--------------------------------------

"van halen fans are the greatest fans in the world" - sammy hagar