Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:49 AM
    Liked 66 Times in 35 Posts

Default New Strat added to the family

I picked up a new American Deluxe Stratocaster HSH in the olympic pearl the other day. So far I am liking it. With the roller nut and locking tuners it is nice to have a strat that I can actually use the tremolo on. Still trying to lockin on the amp / tone settings to dial in the sound I want. Seems to me like the HBs a pretty warm. Does anyone else have any experience with this model? Likes / dislikes?
    Thanks
    Aint life grand!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,106 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I have a Olympic White Jeff Beck Strat but its all single coils. It does have the LSR roller nut and locking tuners. I have only had it 3 days so I'm probably not much help. Lol
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:26 AM
    Liked 6,970 Times in 5,006 Posts

Premium Member

To be perfectly honest, I'm not a fan of the h/s/h setup on a Strat... A bridge humbucker is obviously fine, yet I prefer the more traditional chime and out of phase honk that regular single coils in the middle & neck positions can give. That's just me.

I just feel that Wolfgangs, Charvels, Ibanez guitars etc. have the market covered in that regard. Let a Strat sound like a Strat! LOL.
    This isn't set in stone, because humbuckers can be coil tapped if needed. I like the power and rock tone from a bridge double coil, and the smoother/rounder/bluesier tones from single coils in the other two slots.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:26 AM
    Liked 6,970 Times in 5,006 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by FAN4EVER View Post
    I picked up a new American Deluxe Stratocaster HSH in the olympic pearl the other day. So far I am liking it. With the roller nut and locking tuners it is nice to have a strat that I can actually use the tremolo on. Still trying to lockin on the amp / tone settings to dial in the sound I want. Seems to me like the HBs a pretty warm. Does anyone else have any experience with this model? Likes / dislikes?
    Thanks
    Congrats on the new guitar!
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Last Online

Thanks - I too enjoy the traditional single coil configuration. There was just something about the feel of this guitar when I played it. The rosewood neck is nice and the frets are perfect. It just feels like a quality guitar if that makes any sense. Keeping the sound clean and in the neck position on the HB to me is a really smooth sound. Plus everyone hears things differently so I know it is all about if I like it or not... Also like I mentioned, just adding to the family. I have another strat, a couple peavey WGs, and a LP traditional. 75% of the time I grab one of the Wolfies and most of the time its the one that stays tuned 1/2 step down.
    As I continue to explore the HSH hopefully I will find that I can get some sounds out of it that I cant get with the other guitars.
    Thanks for your replies.
    Aint life grand!

Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by evhintexas View Post
    I have a Olympic White Jeff Beck Strat but its all single coils. It does have the LSR roller nut and locking tuners. I have only had it 3 days so I'm probably not much help. Lol

congrats on the Beck Strat - I am really liking the roller nut and locking tuners.
    Aint life grand!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Unchained"
    Last Online

09.15.17 @ 08:03 AM
    Liked 1,395 Times in 441 Posts

I was able to play one recently, plus I watched a Jeff Beck concert from not too long ago on cable and was super intrigued by the nut especially. Watching the Beck show, I actually paused and zoomed in so I could see the nut clearly. Took a while to find one to play, but holy crap -- what a guitar. I continue to be impressed by Fender's high-end line -- they're amazing. I got to play some of the reissued relic'd guitars and again was blown away.

I have had the same Fender Strat for 30 years this year. It is still just an absolutely crazy excellent guitar.

That would be awesome if they would sell just the rolling nut for upgrade purposes, but I would never do anything to my neck to re-route it -- ever. But with all of the Fenders I keep checking out at guitar shops, there's probably a new one somewhere in my future.

Congrats on the new addition!

KBD3

9. The Following 2 Members Like This Post: