Register
    Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.03.16 @ 05:21 AM
    Liked 6,637 Times in 3,619 Posts

Premium Member

Default Muslims condemn Britain's plans to combat extremism

LONDON (Reuters) - British Prime Minister David Cameron unveiled a new strategy on Monday to combat extremism, saying the battle was "perhaps the "defining one of this century", but his proposals were condemned by Muslims as demonizing their communities and set to fail.

The Counter-Extremism Strategy has been promised by Cameron's government for months, designed primarily to counter the ideology promoted by Islamic State militants, al Qaeda and other Islamists which the authorities say can lead young Britons onto a path of violence.

"Subversive, well-organized and sophisticated in their methods, Islamist extremists don’t just threaten our security, they jeopardize all that we’ve built together – our successful multi-racial, multi-faith democracy," Cameron wrote on his Facebook website.

"So we have to confront them wherever we find them."

British police arrested a record number of people last year on suspicion of terrorism offences, and say they have thwarted a growing number of plots hatched by young Britons, some of whom had been radicalized in just weeks via the Internet.

Earlier this month, a 15-year-old boy was jailed for life for inciting an attack on a World War One commemorative event in Australia from his bedroom in northern England.

Under the wide-ranging proposals, groups deemed extremist by promoting hatred will be banned; places where radicals thrive including mosques could be closed and the regulator Ofcom will get tougher powers to address TV and radio channels airing extremist material.

The new law would also give parents worried that their 16 and 17-year-old children might travel to join Islamic State the power to apply to have their passports removed, while anyone with a conviction for terrorist offences or extremist activity would be banned from working with children.

The plans are designed to target all hate groups, including far-right organizations, but they were met with immediate opposition from Islamic groups who variously described it as "war on Muslims" or containing "McCarthyist" undertones.

The Muslim Council of Britain (MCB), the country's largest umbrella Islamic organization, said that while terrorism was a real threat, the government's strategy was based on poor analysis and risked alienating those whose support it needed.

"Whether it is in mosques, education or charities, the strategy will reinforce perceptions that all aspects of Muslim life must undergo a ‘compliance’ test to prove our loyalty to this country," said Shuja Shafi, the MCB's Secretary General.

Muslim groups are not alone in their scepticism. Some lawmakers in Cameron's own party are uneasy at the measures, while counter-extremism experts say the message of militants should be challenged not banned.

David Anderson, the independent reviewer of anti-terrorism legislation, has warned that any wrong decisions risked provoking a backlash in Muslim communities and driving people towards extremism and terrorism.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/muslims-co...115933511.html
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 07:19 AM
    Liked 887 Times in 550 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Piss on em
    30,000 a month coming into The United States every month.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

Favorite VH Album

WACF & VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.01.16 @ 08:58 PM
    Liked 5,093 Times in 2,655 Posts

I always say proceed on the side of caution.

Take steps to insure.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.03.16 @ 04:29 AM
    Liked 384 Times in 220 Posts

Premium Member

Not only are Muslim groups against it, the police chief of one of the largest city's has also expressed concern that it will put British values at risk and stifle free speech.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

British Christian Brutally Beaten Outside Home By Muslim Neighbours Who Labelled Him a ‘Blasphemer’

20 Nov 2015

A British Christian man has been attacked on the streets of Bradford, England, by men wielding a pickaxe handle – because he converted from Islam to Christianity over a decade ago. The attack is the latest incident in a long campaign of violence and intimidation directed against the man and his family, who have been labelled “blasphemers” by their Muslim neighbours.

Father of six Nissar Hussain was brutally beaten by two hooded thugs outside his home in Mannigham in an unprovoked attack, at about 5pm on Tuesday, suffering a broken kneecap, a fractured forearm and a concussion. Police have confirmed that they are investigating the incident as a targeted attack and a religious hate crime.

The violent beating was captured on Mr Hussain’s own CCTV, set up in response to a sustained campaign of intimidation wielded against the family over the last few years.

It shows Mr Hussain walking towards his car parked just outside his house as two men waiting by a car on the other side of the road start moving towards him. As he tries to retreat to the safety of his home they set upon him, raining down blows with the weapon, as well as punches and kicks.

“I felt like I was holding on for dear life,” Mr Hussain, a professional landlord, told the Daily Mail.

“It all happened so fast that I was unable to react. I remember just walking out of the gate and putting my foot off the kerb. Next thing I saw was a pickaxe coming towards me. On instinct I tried to cover my head with my arms but the force of the blow knocked me back and my heel clipped the kerb to send me to the ground.

“I also hit my head on the wall which gave me a concussion but I was still conscious. I continued to block their shots to my head with my arms while on the ground but as soon as they realized that, they just began attacking my legs.”

While the two assailants set about Mr Hussain, a third accomplice pulled their car into the middle of the road, allowing the pair to make a quick getaway as onlookers start running towards them.

According to Mr Hussain, he and his family have been living in fear ever since they converted to Christianity in 1996. Forced from their home, they enjoyed a few peaceful years until in 2008 they appeared in a Channel 4 documentary highlighting the difficulties faced by converts from Islam to Christianity. Since then, they have been subject to continuous persecution which Mr Hussain says is reminiscent to the suffering of Christians in his native Pakistan.

He said: “This last year has been the most terrifying. My family has to be brave as soon as they leave the front door. This country is a civilised society and we are not in Pakistan. We have the right to go about our daily lives and not be threatened because of our religion.”

Mr Hussain says he does not regret taking part in the documentary as “this is an issue for converts up and down the country,” adding “we should not be subjected to such abuse.”

In May, Mr Hussain wrote an impassioned plea to newly elected MP Naz Shah, begging for help after completely losing faith in West Midlands Police.

Mr Hussain wrote: “In short my family and I endured ‘hell’ by my fellow Pakistani young men in the form of persecution which entailed assault, daily intimidation, criminal damage to property: smashing house windows and also 3 vehicles written off whilst the community looked on and even endorsed this. One of vehicles was torched outside my home.

“Despite witnessing another vehicle being rammed deliberately by a man who I knew, the Police did not even take a statement never mind an arrest.

“Finally after being threatened to be burnt out of my home these young men deliberately set the neighbours’ house (which was vacant) on fire in the hopes that our house would catch fire.”

Mr Hussain said that when he reported the intimidation to Police, he was told: “Stop trying to be a crusader and move out!”

“In short,” he said, “the Police had wilfully failed us so as not to be labelled racists or seem to cause the Muslim community offence at our suffering and expense.

“Over the last several years I have been diagnosed with PTSD [post-traumatic stress disorder] and my wife and family also suffer stress and anxiety.

“Clearly we cannot go on living like this.”

According to the Barnabas Fund, a Charity working with persecuted Christians who is supporting Mr Hussain, no reply to the letter was forthcoming.

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/newr...treply&t=61649
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 04:34 AM
    Liked 834 Times in 333 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

UK Equalities Chief Who Popularised The Term ‘Islamophobia’ Admits: ‘I Thought Muslims Would Blend into Britain… I Should Have Known Better’

The former head of Britain’s Equalities and Human Rights Commission (EHRC), Trevor Phillips, has admitted he “got almost everything wrong” on Muslim immigration in a damning new report on integration, segregation, and how the followers of Islam are creating “nations within nations” in the West.

Phillips, a former elected member of the Labour Party who served as the Chairman of the EHRC from 2003-2012 will present “What British Muslims Really Think” on Channel 4 on Wednesday. An ICM poll released to the Times ahead of the broadcast reveals: 

One in five Muslims in Britain never enter a non-Muslim house;

39 per cent of Muslims, male and female, say a woman should always obey her husband;

31 per cent of British Muslims support the right of a man to have more than one wife;

52 per cent of Muslims did not believe that homosexuality should be legal;

23 per cent of Muslims support the introduction of Sharia law rather than the laws laid down by parliament.

Writing in the Times on the issue, Phillips admits: “Liberal opinion in Britain has, for more than two decades, maintained that most Muslims are just like everyone else… Britain desperately wants to think of its Muslims as versions of the Great British Bake Off winner Nadiya Hussain, or the cheeky-chappie athlete Mo Farah. But thanks to the most detailed and comprehensive survey of British Muslim opinion yet conducted, we now know that just isn’t how it is.”

Phillips commissioned “the Runnymede report” into Britain and Islamophobia in 1997 which, according to both Phillips himself and academics across the country, popularised the phrase which has now become synonymous with any criticism – legitimate or not – of Islam or Muslims.

Durham University’s Anthropology Journal noted in 2007: “It has been a decade since the Commission on British Muslims and Islamophobia was established, a Commission that through its 1997 report, “Islamophobia: a challenge for us all” (“the Runnymede report”) not only raised an awareness of the growing reality of anti-Muslim and anti-Islamic hostility in Britain, but also marked the onset of what might be described as ‘the first decade of Islamophobia’. In doing so, the Runnymede report propelled the word ‘Islamophobia’ into the everyday common parlance and discourses of both the public and political spaces.”

Phillips says his new data shows “a chasm” opening between Muslims and non-Muslims on fundamental issues such as marriage, relations between men and women, schooling, freedom of expression and even the validity of violence in defence of religion. He notes – echoing an article on Breitbart London just two weeks ago which reveals a growing disparity between older and younger Muslims in Britain – that “the gaps between Muslim and non-Muslim youngsters are nearly as large as those between their elders”.

And while he is cautious to note that many Muslims in Britain are grateful to be here, and do identify with role models such as Hussain and Farah, there is a widening gap in society with many Muslims segregating themselves.

“It’s not as though we couldn’t have seen this coming. But we’ve repeatedly failed to spot the warning signs,” he admits.

“Twenty years ago… I published the report titled Islamophobia: A Challenge for Us All, we thought that the real risk of the arrival of new communities was discrimination against Muslims. Our 1996 survey of recent incidents showed that there was plenty of it around. But we got almost everything else wrong.”

His comments will come as a blow to those who continue to attack elements in British society who are concerned about Muslim immigration and integration, and in fact may even go some way to shoring up comments made by U.S. Presidential candidates Donald Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz  seeking to slow down or pause the rate of Muslim immigration into the West.

“We estimated that the Muslim population of the UK would be approaching 2 [million] by 2020. We underestimated by nearly a million. We predicted that the most lethal threat to Muslims would come from racial attacks and social exclusion. We completely failed to foresee the urban conflicts of 2001 that ravaged our northern cities. And of course we didn’t dream of 9/11 and the atrocities in Madrid, Paris, Istanbul, Brussels and London.”

“For a long time, I too thought that Europe’s Muslims would become like previous waves of migrants, gradually abandoning their ancestral ways, wearing their religious and cultural baggage lightly, and gradually blending into Britain’s diverse identity landscape. I should have known better.”

And Mr. Phillips even acknowledges that the mass sexual grooming and rape scandals that are plaguing heavily Muslim populated towns across Britain are because of Muslim – not ‘Asian’ – men. He writes: “The contempt for white girls among some Muslim men has been highlighted by the recent scandals in Rotherham, Oxford, Rochdale and other towns. But this merely reflects a deeply ingrained sexism that runs through Britain’s Muslim communities” – in a nod to those who have long protested this to be the case in the face of political, media, and even police cover ups.

Even left wing columnist Yasmin Alibhai-Brown told him: “[W]e [liberal Muslims] are a dying breed — in 10 years there will be very few of us left unless something really important is done.”

Phillips comments: “Some of my journalist friends imagine that, with time, the Muslims will grow out of it. They won’t.”

And indeed he lays the blame at the feet of the liberal, metropolitan elite, media classes: “Oddly, the biggest obstacles we now face in addressing the growth of this nation-within-a-nation are not created by British Muslims themselves. Many of our (distinctly un-diverse) elite political and media classes simply refuse to acknowledge the truth. Any undesirable behaviours are attributed to poverty and alienation. Backing for violent extremism must be the fault of the Americans. Oppression of women is a cultural trait that will fade with time, nothing to do with the true face of Islam.”

“Even when confronted with the growing pile of evidence to the contrary, and the angst of the liberal minority of British Muslims, clever, important people still cling to the patronising certainty that British Muslims will, over time, come to see that “our” ways are better.”

In terms of solutions, Mr. Phillips opines on “halting the growth of sharia courts and placing them under regulation” ensuring that school governance never falls into the hands of a single-minority group, “ensuring mosques that receive a steady flow of funds from foreign governments such as Saudi Arabia, however disguised, are forced to reduce their dependency on Wahhabi patronage” and an end to the “silence-for-votes understanding between local politicians and Muslim leaders — the sort of Pontius Pilate deal that had such catastrophic outcomes in Rotherham and Rochdale”.

Mr. Phillips’s comments echo thoseof the Czech president, andresearch from across Europe that revealed attitudes amongst Muslims on the continent have hardened. The younger the Muslim, the more likely they are to hold hard-line views, one recent study found.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...-known-better/

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 11:46 PM
    Liked 10,351 Times in 5,918 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by evhintexas View Post
    Piss on em
    30,000 a month coming into The United States every month.
    That would take a lot of urine.
    "The past ain't what it used to be"

"Music is like candy. You throw out the rappers"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 3,461 Times in 1,993 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Of course they fucking condemn it. They know we're on to them.

Sent from my iPhone using swagger

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 11,830 Times in 5,789 Posts

Premium Member

Europe will rue the day. Been saying it, and I know that history will prove me right.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

EU orders British press NOT to reveal when terrorists are Muslims

MEDDLING Brussels has said the British press should not report when terrorists are Muslims in a slew of demands to the Government to crack down on the media.

By KATIE MANSFIELD

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/717...iolence-terror

Hang 'Em High Get The Show On The Road's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 10:02 PM
    Liked 5,654 Times in 2,890 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post

MEDDLING Brussels has said the British press should not report when terrorists are Muslims in a slew of demands to the Government to crack down on the media.

By KATIE MANSFIELD

These people are so stupid.

It's unfortunate that our idiot leaders not only put their supporters in danger, but also those of us who know better and don't support their idiotic policies.
    I don't always listen to hard rock, but when I do, I prefer Van Halen. Stay Frosty my friends.

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post

By KATIE MANSFIELD

How can the EU order Britain to do anything?

They are a sovereign country. Tell the EU to go fuck themselves with a dick an elephant could feel.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

15. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

Premium Member

Whenever I see one of these articles, I wonder if the same things would be said if the word Christian was placed there instead of Muslim.

I think the answer is no.

17. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Poundcake
    Last Online

12.02.16 @ 03:14 PM
    Liked 154 Times in 117 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Dreidel View Post
    Whenever I see one of these articles, I wonder if the same things would be said if the word Christian was placed there instead of Muslim.

I think the answer is no.
    Well you can start by asking the Christians in Saudi Arabia.