Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Unchained"
    Last Online

09.15.17 @ 08:03 AM
    Liked 1,395 Times in 441 Posts

Default Hagar radio ad in Houston features EVH bashing

I was visiting family in Houston this weekend, and heard a radio ad promoting Sammy's upcoming concert there. Initially, I was drawn in out of curiosity. At the very beginning of the ad, it sounded like he bashed Roth's voice, but I couldn't be sure. I scrambled and turned on my phone sound recorder and captured the rest of the ad. When I heard what came next, my jaw became absolutely disconnected and my eyeballs were several car lengths ahead... Here it is:

This represents a new low -- at least for me it does. I cannot imagine being any more disgusted with the guy.

KBD3

2. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:55 AM
    Liked 1,885 Times in 1,102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Dodds View Post
    I was visiting family in Houston this weekend, and heard a radio ad promoting Sammy's upcoming concert there. Initially, I was drawn in out of curiosity. At the very beginning of the ad, it sounded like he bashed Roth's voice, but I couldn't be sure. I scrambled and turned on my phone sound recorder and captured the rest of the ad. When I heard what came next, my jaw became absolutely disconnected and my eyeballs were several car lengths ahead... Here it is:

This represents a new low -- at least for me it does. I cannot imagine being any more disgusted with the guy.

KBD3
    that's an older clip actually. he was interviewed after Ed's billboard interview came out and that was his response when asked if Ed ever had to teach Mike how to play his parts with a video camera or whatever drivel Ed tried to pass off in that interview.

Sam was sticking up for Mike. Should he have? Don't know. It's not for me to say I guess.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 11,777 Times in 6,523 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Dodds View Post

KBD3
    If Sammy approved that ad then yeah it's a new low. In fairness, that could just be the radio station's doing. I would think his management team would have to approve, but I'm not sure.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Banned!
    Last Online

01.21.16 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 623 Times in 347 Posts

Did Sammy approve this commercial?

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:37 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

It would really be funny if some day a video surfaces of Eddie showing Mike the bass lines. I don't think he taught Mike how to play bass, but maybe he did show him how he came up with certain things while writing the music. Who knows, but Mike is a big boy and at this point he needs to grow a set and stand up for himself.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

8. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Unchained"
    Last Online

09.15.17 @ 08:03 AM
    Liked 1,395 Times in 441 Posts

I have never bought that whole "Well, this is just what they're doing to promote the show down there, I don't have anything to do with it" deal.

I can't believe that Sammy would go in 100% on expensive paid radio ad placements with absolutely zero clue about the content of the ads. His goal is to sell tickets. I have a hard time believing that he'd turn over the responsibility wholesale with no input. What if the ads started and ticket sales were stagnant? I think Sammy would then be forced into a position to say, "Hey, why are tickets not selling? What's up with the radio ads? I want to hear them." Then he'd be forced to make expenses changes to the ad and ad schedule, and he'd be doing so in a damaged market. Knowing the kind of business man that Sammy is, I absolutely doubt with all of my heart that he would allow such a scenario to play out. He's more calculating than that.

Believe me, I know where the audio came from. But no matter how you slice it, cut it, rearrange it, etc. -- the ad contains the line "Fuck you, Eddie Van Halen. You're a liar." -- within the context of an ad for a Sammy Hagar concert.

Unreal.

KBD3

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 09:17 PM
    Liked 6,972 Times in 5,008 Posts

Premium Member

All I heard was the "F-you, EVH. You're a liar." Wasn't this around the time that Sam put out his video rebuttal, towards Ed's claims about Mike's video bass lessons tripe?
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

I really doubt Sammy or anyone from his camp has even heard the ad let alone had any input on it. I bet he didn't even pay for it other than give the station free tickets to give away.

It's an ad for the radio station to get people to listen for their ticket giveaway, it's not really promoting his concert. Obviously they have to mention the concert because they're giving away tickets to it, but it's not really promoting Sammy's show, it's promoting their contest.

That's how I took it anyway, but I don't hate Hagar, so I'm not listening the same way others may

13. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

it's a local radio stations ad for a contest they are holding to give away tickets to a concert. Sammy didn't have anything to do with it....lol.

the people who don't like Sam anyway are going to be "outraged" again by something he said months ago....lol, really? Honestly, some of you guys just make me laugh at this point. You go out of your way to trash pretty much everything the guy does, do you really think he gives a flying fuck if you are "outraged" because of a comment he made in response to an interview someone made trashing his best buddy?

honestly, I don't even think this is thread worthy, it should just be merged with the "random shit" thread.

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The First One
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 09:32 PM
    Liked 16,546 Times in 9,380 Posts

"If it bleeds, it leads" ...

"It's so lonely at the top because it's so crowded at the bottom" - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"

"Be careful what you wish for because you just might lose what you already have"

"Women and Children First ... The REAL Van Halen III"

17. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:13 PM
    Liked 650 Times in 369 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

People actually think that it's an add by Sammy not the radio station ?????

I've got some nice ocean view condos for sale in Montana if you're interested .
    Cabo x 20
    Van Halen x 11
    Sammy x 20+
    DLR x 2

19. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:49 PM
    Liked 1,387 Times in 761 Posts

WTF Kevin, this is just a radio station milking an old video made after the billboard interview. It's done in poor taste, by the station, and has nothing to do with sammy. It worked, though, since it made you react.
    Little Dreamer

21. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

honestly, I can't imagine having a guy so far in my head that I have to rush to record a commercial just so I can post it on a site that I come to daily to rag on that same guy.....lol.

All you guys that don't like Sammy seem to keep tabs on him more closely than the people who actually like the guy....that is the definition of "winning"

23. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:49 PM
    Liked 1,387 Times in 761 Posts

It's also a sad reminder of where our society is today, it's all about creating buzz. With nothing.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    It's also a sad reminder of where our society is today, it's all about creating buzz. With nothing.
    it's amazing really. I mean the other day there was a video of Sam doing Mine All Mine in Cabo the other day, before I even knew it existed (and I'm kind of a big Sam fan) there were already people who are avid Dave fans ragging him for it...I mean what do they do? Sit around and wait for a vid of Sam so they can turn around and be the first person to rag on it on this site? I mean, is it really shocking that someone who can't stand Sammy is "shocked" because Sammy said "fuck you Ed"? Are they really so outraged? I doubt it.