Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

Default SAMMY HAGAR Says Current VAN HALEN Lineup Has 'No Chemistry Read more at http://www.b

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sam...-no-chemistry/

In a brand new interview with RollingStone.com, former VAN HALEN singer Sammy Hagar was asked if he thinks people are losing interesting in seeing the current lineup of the band, featuring David Lee Roth on vocals and Wolfgang Van Halen on bass. He responded: "I can only speculate on what I've seen on YouTube, things people send me now and then. My buddies are always saying, 'Hey, check this out.' And you turn it on and say, 'Oh, fuck, not this again.' I don't go looking for none of that stuff. You know, of course, I heard some of the live album."
    Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sam...FDUmdxPkiEG.99

Wow, Sammy really really really needs to STFU
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.14.17 @ 06:38 PM
    Liked 753 Times in 498 Posts

Oh, ffs.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 1,948 Times in 917 Posts

Premium Member

Being friends = musical chemistry? hmmm

Favorite VH Album

WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

EVERYBODY WANTS SOME!!
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 8,799 Times in 4,766 Posts

Premium Member

Lol. Blah blah blah. Same ol Sam.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Lather rinse repeat lol

6. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 05:26 PM
    Liked 3,119 Times in 1,829 Posts

Premium Member

Alright, so Rolling Stone knows EXACTLY what they are doing, and unless Sammy is cool with it to sell books, I'd be pretty unhappy with the way RS rolled this out.

This was one interview split up and rolled out over three parts, the one quoted here being published a week after part 1.

The first split was put out as an interview about his new book (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...kbook-20151001), published Oct. 1st.

The second split was about the future of Chickenfoot (http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-2016-20151002), published Oct. 2nd, where he talks about how they are looking to put together a Chickenfoot/Circle Tour for 2016, and Chickenfoot has already recorded a new song.

The third split is all this Van Halen stuff, published today, and you can tell that it is at the end of the interview.

Hey, Sammy. Good to talk to you again.
    You're not going to trick me into saying something stupid and putting my foot in my mouth again, are you?

Actually, that's exactly my plan. I'm just going to be upfront about it this time.
    You seem to always squeeze something out of me. I get off and say, "Dammit, I gotta be smarter than that in the future!" But I just can't.
    Now, take a look at the difference between the first two articles and this one. They are stories dispersed with Sammy's quotes. However, the Van Halen one they put out as a transcript because, hey, why not put clickbait out there when this was at the very end of the conversation and not what the interview was even about.

Here is what I will say. Either Sammy believes this stuff gets him publicity and that is good for him, or he truly can't stop himself from it. However, if it is even remotely true that VH is doing whatever it can to fuck with him playing those songs, I would continue to be bitter too. No clue if they are fucking with him like that, but stuff like preventing him from putting the lyrics to Cabo Wabo in the book is shitty. And we all know that they can't actually stop him, but they CAN force him to either pay for council so it costs him money to do it, or they can force him to stop if he just decides it's not worth the money to fight it.

Clearly, from a credibility perspective, it's in his best interest to lay off the Van Halen stuff, because it is actually him that comes off as jealous. That said, if any of that stuff is remotely true, and you keep in mind that earlier this year Eddie put out that shitty interview about Roth and Mike, well, at the very least, aren't Sammy and Eddie two peas in a pod more than anything else? At most, though, it seems like Eddie is a vindictive prick who gets off on fucking with Sammy playing any VH stuff. In turn, Sammy says stuff like this.

I think that is the wash, rinse, repeat of it.
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 10.08.15 at 12:41 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,354 Times in 3,194 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Hmm. Sam opens his mouth a week before his birthday bash. Coincidence? I think not.

9. The Following 5 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,357 Posts

BINGO....the timing is for the birthday bash...why would they print any of the VH quotes after the tour is over?

it's promotion for the Bash and his book. say anything at all about VH and it gets more attention

but isn't that kind of sad....who wants to be the guy who can't draw attention to his projects unless he uses someone else to get it?

reminds me of jesse james giving interviews about his new project....no one cares until he starts talking about his divorce from Sandra Bullock....then every news outlet picks it up and it's everywhere

11. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

Probably closer to two weeks before his birthday, not one week.

As I pointed out, this was part of a much larger interview mostly about his book and Chickenfoot, but they held back the Van Halen stuff from the tail end of the interview and released a transcript as a stand along story a week later. The interview part one was published the first of October, and it likely happened a few days before that, so this is closer to two weeks old.

That's why the end of the transcript where he says something about the guy selling some books for him seems out of left field.

And this version of it leaves out all the stuff he said in part 1 about all the things Van Halen is doing to fuck with him when it comes to using songs from his era of Van Halen.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post

reminds me of jesse james giving interviews about his new project....no one cares until he starts talking about his divorce from Sandra Bullock....then every news outlet picks it up and it's everywhere
    If this were true, it would have served him better for the interview to be released all at once and not have the stuff about VH in a standalone transcript instead of packaged with the stuff about his book and the Chickenfoot/Circle tour next year, as well as the new Chickenfoot song.
    Last edited by lovemachine97(Version 2); 10.08.15 at 01:01 PM.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

BINGO....the timing is for the birthday bash...why would they print any of the VH quotes after the tour is over?

it's promotion for the Bash and his book. say anything at all about VH and it gets more attention

but isn't that kind of sad....who wants to be the guy who can't draw attention to his projects unless he uses someone else to get it?

Let's not let the magazine off the hook here either. They know exactly what is going to get the clicks.
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

14. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

10.10.17 @ 06:08 AM
    Liked 16 Times in 9 Posts

I would probably agree with Sammy that there is likely no real chemistry anymore. But put these old show horses on a stage and bam!
    Last edited by PassingBy; 10.08.15 at 01:23 PM.
    Thanks for paying my rent. -- EVH

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:05 PM
    Liked 283 Times in 151 Posts

He's not completely wrong. But the way he's going about this whole "apology" thing is all wrong. You say you don't want to take it to your grave, but the other guys HAVE to be the ones to come to him. Lame. Phone works both ways Sam.

17. The Following 4 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

I agree. His birthday bash is this weekend down in Cabo. It's kinda funny that even Rolling Stone knows nobody will read their article if it's all about Sammy and his cook book or his music.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

19. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:38 PM
    Liked 6,983 Times in 5,016 Posts

Premium Member

I just read the article, and don't think Sam was out of line at all. He speaks from his heart and tells it like he sees it.
    He even threw the early version of the band a compliment - that they had great chemistry.

Just like Ed's recent comments... I think people are making too much out of it.
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

21. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsitive View Post
    He's not completely wrong. But the way he's going about this whole "apology" thing is all wrong. You say you don't want to take it to your grave, but the other guys HAVE to be the ones to come to him. Lame. Phone works both ways Sam.
    He's speaking freely about them in the press, but if what he is saying is remotely true, they are screwing with him trying to make a living using intellectual property he co-owns. Contesting including the lyrics to Cabo Wabo in his book? Why would I want to call and apologize to people doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    I agree. His birthday bash is this weekend down in Cabo. It's kinda funny that even Rolling Stone knows nobody will read their article if it's all about Sammy and his cook book or his music.
    Then wouldn't it have made sense to translate the interview into one article and not three?