Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hmmm. Odd, very odd.
    ...what do you do when the bureaucracy that's supposed to help you...WANTS YOU DEAD? <a href="http://www.callumhouston.com" target="_blank">www.callumhouston.com</a>

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Because Spin sucks, that's why.
    Chadillac<br /><br />"It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll"....Bon Scott (1946-1980)

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Please tell me that Spin didnt put less talented acts like Nirvana and Pearl Jam on that list...

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ok, I just saw the list at www.spin.com. You have GOT to be kidding me. Sonic Youth? The Smiths? F&*cking Kraftwerk????? All ahead of VH??? Spin is a joke, I agree. (and as much as I like the Ramones, putting them in the top 5 is about as stupid claiming you are pro-Taliban on an airplane.....ludicrous).

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

05.18.09 @ 11:19 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

The list that Spin Magazine's editors compiled reaffirmed why I tend to avoid crack.

I haven't a clue if they were even thinking when they put that together.
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

writing

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

SPIN got it's mileage out of VH when it showed Diamond Dave on its October 2000 cover in connection to the 100 sleaziest moments in rock.
    Dave and VH weren't even number one on the list, but Dave and his hang-down made the cover, because SPIN thought it would sell magazines. That's their business, to make money and it makes sense, since they don't know much about music, so it seems. SPIN will be looking to get their skanky ass back on the wagon with us when VH comes out with new music, and hopefully, VH will give them the middle finger salute and tell em to fuck off if they want to do an interview and article with them. FUCK SPIN, Rolling Stone and the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, I think that's all of them that I hate now. Just to get it out of my system, FUCK SPIN!
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes, I can't possibly see why they didn't put a band on there whose last album was 5 or so years ago and was a commercial flop, and hasn't been heard from since. Yes, bands like Pearl Jam whose sold out practically every venue they've played for the past 8 years shouldn't be on there. *sarcasm*

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mdoggie: you obviously have SPIN disease. Pearl Jam couldnt hold VH's jock strap. How many top ten songs have they had? How many bands have they influenced. PJ has been putting out sappy, non-creative crap since their first album. They only sell out because the kids today are fucked up and wouldnt know good music if it bit them in the ass. VH on the other hand, Ed in particular, have influenced countless numbers of bands and musicians. Who the hell wants to sing as badly as Ed Vedder??? come on, get a fucking grip. The most important point I want to make is that "50 greatest bands of all time" should NOT be about some skank band that happens to do well for 5 years, but rather about the overall contribution to the music scene. PJ has done shit. VH has influenced many.

Favorite VH Album

All of em, except for III
    Favorite VH Song

Too many to name
    Last Online

07.16.12 @ 10:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Spin can kiss my ass...fucking bunch of panty waste barbie doll playin with cocksmokers...fuck em all.
    FUCK THE DUMB SHIT!!!!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ahh, the old "kids today don't know their music" argument [img]smile.gif[/img] The same one I'm sure you heard when you were blasting your Foreigner and your parents were listening to Simon and Garfunkel going, "Whats this garbage he's playing?" . Van Halen is getting OLDER, and so are their fans. And don't get started in the Van Halen vs. Every other band bullshit argument that goes on here all the damn time. They are two different bands. And don't knock Pearl Jam just because your musical taste still lies in the 80's. Its unfair to people who have more eclectic tastes or may not care mostly for the music that came out of that era. Vedder is far more politically involved than any of VH's frontmen were; its a different style. Maybe he cares more about other things than the old "Your girlfriend told me to tell you something backstage (sucking noises)" routine that only 40+ year old women going to the Nevada state fair enjoy nowadays.

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Spin's list offered no justification or reasoning as to its top 50 choices of influential (or whatever) bands. Rather, the top 50 band choices seemed to be picked arbitrarily and capriciously... In other words, Spin's choices make little if any sense.
    "What is understood don't need to be discussed. 'Aint that right Edward?'" Sammy Hagar, Right Here Right Now

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by paragliderSD:
    ok, I just saw the list at www.spin.com. You have GOT to be kidding me. Sonic Youth? The Smiths? F&*cking Kraftwerk????? All ahead of VH??? Spin is a joke, I agree. (and as much as I like the Ramones, putting them in the top 5 is about as stupid claiming you are pro-Taliban on an airplane.....ludicrous).
    I'm gonna steal that pro-Taliban line...NICE!! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 2
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

@
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Originally posted by MDoggie:
    Ahh, the old "kids today don't know their music" argument [img]smile.gif[/img] The same one I'm sure you heard when you were blasting your Foreigner and your parents were listening to Simon and Garfunkel going, "Whats this garbage he's playing?" . Van Halen is getting OLDER, and so are their fans. And don't get started in the Van Halen vs. Every other band bullshit argument that goes on here all the damn time. They are two different bands. And don't knock Pearl Jam just because your musical taste still lies in the 80's. Its unfair to people who have more eclectic tastes or may not care mostly for the music that came out of that era. Vedder is far more politically involved than any of VH's frontmen were; its a different style. Maybe he cares more about other things than the old "Your girlfriend told me to tell you something backstage (sucking noises)" routine that only 40+ year old women going to the Nevada state fair enjoy nowadays.
    Some good points here...Just don't forget that Vedder is as self-absorbed, if not more, than almost any rock star you can name. Maybe he doesn't have the sex-rap schtick like Dave, but Vedder sure does a good job telling everyone else on the planet that he knows what's going on and that he's some sort of authority on everything...Vedder could do with a good sense of humor...

WELCOME TO THE LINKS!!!
    Can't stop...addicted to the shindig...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Liked 555 Times in 251 Posts

how come the Spin I have for the "50 greatests" has a picture of KISS on it circa 1974 but the cover of the magazine at the spin site is Public Enemy???

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mdoggie, you dont know me OR what I happen to listen to, so your bassackwards opinions dont hold up here. I mostly listen to music of the 90's; in fact, this is the genre of music that my band plays and prefers to play. I still hold to my opinion about Vedder and the fact that he just does not have much talent. Hey even my, uh, generation had its share of crap music (disco, glam rock, etc). My point still holds: Pearl Jam belongs on the back of a milk carton underneath a "have you seen these goons" caption, and NOT amongst the top 10 of any list other than 90's Nirvana rip-off bands. VH belongs on every rock and roll top 50 (if not top 10) list. Your arguments are as crappy as your apparent taste in music.