Favorite VH Album

5150. F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

5150. Summer nights.
    Last Online

11.23.17 @ 09:42 PM
    Liked 203 Times in 118 Posts

Default Where does sammy live mostly?

If I'm guessing right he still has his 3 houses, or is there more now?
    Marin county
    Mill valley
    Cabo San Lucas

Wasn't the Cabo house damaged in the hurricane?
    Think I read he sold the Malibu house ( May of read that in "Red")
    What is understood need not be discussed

"Dont disturb my paradise. I've asked you once. I've asked you nice" - "SERIOUS JU JU"

"I am in a blissful state. Dont bug me!!!" - Richard Dreyfuss "The Goodbye girl" 1977

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

the one Ed plays guitar on
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:08 PM
    Liked 784 Times in 422 Posts

I know he has property on Maui...has had for a while. I'm pretty sure his rum operation is based there now, too. And, I'm pretty sure the Marin county and Mill Valley properties are one and the same.

Just going off his FB/twitter/other online postings, a relatively safe estimate (over the course of an average year) would be something like 40% (20 weeks) Marin Co., and then 20% (10 weeks) each split between Cabo, Maui, and on the road.

...and just why the hell have I spent the last 15 minutes thinking about this?!?

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:56 AM
    Liked 1,961 Times in 984 Posts

Where does Sammy live mostly? Easy, the year 1986.

4. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:00 AM
    Liked 1,034 Times in 505 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PCh5150 View Post
    Where does Sammy live mostly? Easy, the year 1986.
    "...it's steak and whiskey time in America." - bklynboy68

6. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 10:52 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by hubs View Post
    I know he has property on Maui...has had for a while. I'm pretty sure his rum operation is based there now, too. And, I'm pretty sure the Marin county and Mill Valley properties are one and the same.

Just going off his FB/twitter/other online postings, a relatively safe estimate (over the course of an average year) would be something like 40% (20 weeks) Marin Co., and then 20% (10 weeks) each split between Cabo, Maui, and on the road.

...and just why the hell have I spent the last 15 minutes thinking about this?!?
    I thought he sold the property on Maui? I remember someone posting the link to the real estate listing. That goes back a number of years.
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:08 AM
    Liked 6,969 Times in 5,005 Posts

Premium Member

Where is Sammy living? On Top of the World, of course!
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

9. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:28 AM
    Liked 260 Times in 114 Posts

Premium Member

Well, I was going to say Sam lives on whichever spaceship is closest to him...

I'm sure the Malibu house is long gone, seems like a couple of years ago I saw something about it being for sale or for rent, and the seller said that the house used to belong to Sammy in their comments about the property.

Val still owns the house next door, I've seen some of Wolf's Instagram posts from the that house. But I somehow doubt he and Sam would get together and jam even if Sam still owned the Malibu house.
    His music career faded faster than an eight ball in front of Lindsay Lohan. - Dave's Dreidel

11. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by wrr20891 View Post
    Well, I was going to say Sam lives on whichever spaceship is closest to him...

I'm sure the Malibu house is long gone, seems like a couple of years ago I saw something about it being for sale or for rent, and the seller said that the house used to belong to Sammy in their comments about the property.

Val still owns the house next door, I've seen some of Wolf's Instagram posts from the that house. But I somehow doubt he and Sam would get together and jam even if Sam still owned the Malibu house.
    Then again, that could be the ticket right there! Get Wolf and Sammy talking/hanging out/jamming. Sam was there since Wolf was born, so there's already a history between them.

C'mon Wolf... Those tunes also need to be resurrected and performed at the high skill level that this summer's tour had!!!
    Talk to your dad and make it happen
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:28 AM
    Liked 260 Times in 114 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    Then again, that could be the ticket right there! Get Wolf and Sammy talking/hanging out/jamming. Sam was there since Wolf was born, so there's already a history between them.

C'mon Wolf... Those tunes also need to be resurrected and performed at the high skill level that this summer's tour had!!!
    Talk to your dad and make it happen
    If 2004 had never happened, maybe, but I don't see it now. Sam likes to bitch about it, but I wonder if he would ever agree to it, even if they said Mikey could come along. Sam has spent the years since 2004 doing exactly what he wants, when he wants. I doubt he would want to be in a position where he was not the person calling all the shots and making all the decisions.

Although it is strange, after his FU Eddie video, Sam dedicated a song to the brothers and he's been pretty quiet since. Much to the chagrin of the folks on here who like to post Sammy needs to STFU, I'm sure. On the Fox thing the other day, Sam passed on saying he was better than Dave, said they were just different. Strange he has chosen to be so quiet.
    His music career faded faster than an eight ball in front of Lindsay Lohan. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by wrr20891 View Post
    If 2004 had never happened, maybe, but I don't see it now. Sam likes to bitch about it, but I wonder if he would ever agree to it, even if they said Mikey could come along. Sam has spent the years since 2004 doing exactly what he wants, when he wants. I doubt he would want to be in a position where he was not the person calling all the shots and making all the decisions.

Although it is strange, after his FU Eddie video, Sam dedicated a song to the brothers and he's been pretty quiet since. Much to the chagrin of the folks on here who like to post Sammy needs to STFU, I'm sure. On the Fox thing the other day, Sam passed on saying he was better than Dave, said they were just different. Strange he has chosen to be so quiet.
    Only time will tell...
    I still pine for a proper Sam reunion, as Ed's in a much different headspace and guitar playing position, now. Added to the fact that Sam's obviously open to it, and Ed's been complimentary towards that era's music. Stranger things have happened... Look at the last few years, y'know?

And before the usual dipsh*ts chime in, I love the Dave era. Played most of it in my former bands. No issues there, but there's no more "deep cuts" to be dusted off. That era got a great sendoff..., now it's about time for the following era. Pun intended

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:00 AM
    Liked 1,034 Times in 505 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    Only time will tell...
    I still pine for a proper Sam reunion, as Ed's in a much different headspace and guitar playing position, now. Added to the fact that Sam's obviously open to it, and Ed's been complimentary towards that era's music. Stranger things have happened... Look at the last few years, y'know?
    I actually don’t. In watching Dave struggle on stage and the whole band vibe being stodgy, I prefer just to keep the memories of Van Hagar rather than tarnish it. Sam sings great for a guy pushing 70 but that Van Halen stuff is tough to sing and I see Sam really struggling on an entire set list of those songs. Maybe I’m wrong but I’m content hearing some of the VH material that he plays with the Wabos or the Circle – it’s not Van Halen, not even close but it scratches the itch for me.
    "...it's steak and whiskey time in America." - bklynboy68

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    I actually don’t. In watching Dave struggle on stage and the whole band vibe being stodgy, I prefer just to keep the memories of Van Hagar rather than tarnish it. Sam sings great for a guy pushing 70 but that Van Halen stuff is tough to sing and I see Sam really struggling on an entire set list of those songs. Maybe I’m wrong but I’m content hearing some of the VH material that he plays with the Wabos or the Circle – it’s not Van Halen, not even close but it scratches the itch for me.
    That's cool. I don't expect everyone to feel the same way, and I won't chastise anyone for not agreeing with me, like my opinion is the only one that matters. I mean, who does that? LOL.

I still think Sam and VH could be exciting, provided they stick to the plot. Sam's not quite his former self, yet there's no 'Kermit the Frog' yelps and straining to reach keys that weren't originally recorded. And I'm pretty sure he (and millions of fans!) knows all the words...