Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 463 Times in 220 Posts

Default Phoenix 9/28 Roll Call!

C'mon now, who's up for the Mighty VH at Phoenix tommorrow!!!!!!!!!!

Weather forecast-Mon
    Mostly Sunny
    104°!!

81' Rules

Favorite VH Album

The new one, Hopefully!
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible
    Last Online

04.18.17 @ 03:53 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 54 Posts

I would go if I could get a ticket for like $20. I just ain't that exited about the fleecing of my wallet. Beer $15 x 2 = $30 if it's that cheap.

I just went to Zia and bought Keith Richard's new album... "Cross Eyed Heart" analog made on tape too. I like people who want to make music, who get a thrill from it. Keith has that. Watch "Under The Influence" on Netflix.

Favorite VH Album

The new one, Hopefully!
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible
    Last Online

I guess one could look at it this way. If Eddie sent a limo to pick me up and in the limo was a brand new EVH Wolfgang guitar and a brand new 5150 III amp just for me and then the limo took me to the show for a front row seat.....That still wouldn't cover the amount of money I have given/shelled out to this band.

Favorite VH Album

Thriller
    Favorite VH Song

I Fergot th' Fuckin' Words
    Last Online

08.10.17 @ 06:04 AM
    Liked 192 Times in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Things Change View Post
    I would go if I could get a ticket for like $20. I just ain't that exited about the fleecing of my wallet. Beer $15 x 2 = $30 if it's that cheap.

I just went to Zia and bought Keith Richard's new album... "Cross Eyed Heart" analog made on tape too. I like people who want to make music, who get a thrill from it. Keith has that. Watch "Under The Influence" on Netflix.
    Sounds like your future as a Van Halen fan is going to be extremely compromised based on your high standards. Please take this opportunity of clarity to consider ceasing and desisting from reading positive feedback and posting in this venue to help ease your disappointment in this band. We wish you well in your pursuit of artists who make music and we most certainly hope for a better financial future for you.
    We train dogs for cattle and sheep herding. They're very different. Sheep are a lot like supermodels - they bunch together, they rattle very easily. Cattle are like drunks at a hockey game - two will want to fight: "Who are you and what's with your badge?"

Two of them will be like: "Leave them alone, let's go see the game." Another one is lost: "Where'd you guys go?" The dog has to deal with all of that. You work them off a whistle. It's the original video game.
    - DLR 2012

"I like to listen to my music, not look at it on a spectrum analyzer." - tcantafio

Van Halen reminded us last night of why we loved them in the first place. They helped us to get past all the bullshit around us and remind us to have a little fucking fun in the midst of it all. - Reckless Fable

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:56 PM
    Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts

I'll be there tomorrow with my 16 year old son. Section 103... Should be good!

7. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Last Online

11.04.15 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts

I guess one could look at it this way. If Eddie sent a limo to pick me up and in the limo was a brand new EVH Wolfgang guitar and a brand new 5150 III amp just for me and then the limo took me to the show for a front row seat.....That still wouldn't cover the amount of money I have given/shelled out to this band.
    OK man, I am pretty sure you haven't shelled out nearly as much cash on this band as I have since 82. I have seen them 50 times, usually spending big bucks for first 10 row tix, I have 3rd row tomorrow. I have owned every brand of guitar, amp Ed has been a part of, at least 30 different evh models. I am not complaining, I can't wait to see them again, had 3rd row in San Bernadino in July. You are the only one missing out on a great show, your loss!

Hoping to record the show tomorrow also!

Favorite VH Album

The new one, Hopefully!
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible
    Last Online

I'm really glad for you guys, really. I wouldn't say the thrill is gone, but it ain't here. I hope you go and it's the best Van Halen show you ever been to. I guess I'm like an addict in a way. 1984-93 was the best years for me and so powerful and full of life. I don't want to try to chase that and be let down. I love Eddie, but his ways bum me out.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

12.05.17 @ 03:19 AM
    Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts

I'll be there, section 101. I just flew in from Ireland this evening - I was able to make the concert coincide with some events I'm doing in Arizona over the next few days, so I could justify the expense.

My only problem now is this: I'm staying at a pretty crappy hotel about a 15-20 minute walk away from the venue. There wasn't much choice in the area, but I thought it looked decent online, and it really isn't. Anyway, due to a lack of restaurant or bar in this place I had to go out tonight to get food, and this seems like a bit of a rough neighbourhood. I'm nervous now about walking back from the concert tomorrow night...
    HERE AND GONE by Haylen Beck (Stuart Neville writing as...) - "It doesn't get better than this." - Lee Child, "Highly recommended." - Harlan Coben, "Cancel all your plans and settle in for the ride." - Ruth Ware, "This is a book that lives up to the buzz." - Alafair Burke

Summer 2017 UK & North America

Last Online

11.04.15 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts

I'm really glad for you guys, really. I wouldn't say the thrill is gone, but it ain't here. I hope you go and it's the best Van Halen show you ever been to. I guess I'm like an addict in a way. 1984-93 was the best years for me and so powerful and full of life. I don't want to try to chase that and be let down. I love Eddie, but his ways bum me out.
    Have to say, I have seen every tour since 82 & my favorite show out of all 50 is still the last show of the 93 tour at Costa Mesa, Ca.. Awesome show.

I wish u would get a lawn seat & go, they are playing great on this tour.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin with the Devil
    Last Online

11.12.17 @ 09:39 PM
    Liked 95 Times in 36 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

IN~! 4 VIP X $750 each-- Is it gonna be worth it?
    Maybe not to some, & that's fine...stay home. If it's gonna bankrupt you or cause your girl to bale then perhaps not going is an ok idea.
    Neither is the sitch for me. I'm taking a buddy, my boy & his girl and am totally stoked. Not just because I spent the cash, but for all the reasons everyone else is, or at least some of them.
    A chance to see Yoda play guitar again, a brief opportunity to step into a time machine and not be bugged by real world crap, or perhaps even more selfish reasons...
    Because I fucking deserve it & they're my favorite band!~!! Don't go if you don't want to. Stay home & watch shit reality TV or whatever makes you happy. But know this, sooner than later this will all come to an end. These guys are not just "getting up there" but have every right to just not do it any more. Period. Solely because "I don't wanna" & guess what? They've earned that right. Sure there's been a lot of dickhead moves along the way by all involved, but that aint the point. The point is this shit is gonna end....maybe after tomorrow nite's show for all anyone knows.
    So a suggestion, if Van Halen comes to your town & you even remotely enjoy the band in any capacity GO FUCKING SEE THEM~! Life is short & this is all there is. You can make more money, you can't make Van Halen come to your town ever again. They're here tonight so buy a ticket day of or head to the venue and buy off someone with an extra one and just get inside and cut it loose for a while. The ratio of people that have been pissed off they went to a show this tour compared to all the rest is pretty slim. So don't be a squeaker. The days of shows for 20 bux are gone, but you're not making $5.50 and hour anymore either so let's do this shit~!!

Later
    C.
    Last edited by Carmine; 09.28.15 at 01:49 AM.
    Carmine

13. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 04:32 AM
    Liked 1,606 Times in 743 Posts

Premium Member

That's Keiths first solo album since '92 isn't it?

Shame Keith doesn't sell tissues as well.
    If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Soul Kitchen
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 1,083 Times in 725 Posts

Premium Member

I would go if I could get a ticket for like $20. I just ain't that exited about the fleecing of my wallet. Beer $15 x 2 = $30 if it's that cheap
    Lawn seats are probably cheap.
    "I'm the opposite of Bill Cosby. Diamond Dave always gets your approval." (DLR)

"Kids, just say NO to marriage". (Al Bundy)

Rawhide in "A"

OAA

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

The Dream Is Over
    Last Online

10.06.17 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts

I'll be there. Section 102. First time seeing them with Dave. I'm excited as fuck.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.07.17 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 463 Times in 220 Posts

Finally the work week is over, getting ready to road trip to Phoenix. Looking forward to this all summer, cant think of a better way to end the summer than going to see VH! 35 years on, doesn't matter what year it is, 1980 or 2015, still get that exhilarated feeling going to see VH live! I know I'm not the only one.

81' Rules

18. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:24 AM
    Liked 11,543 Times in 4,918 Posts

Ok got the official thread up, let's use that!

http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/threads/61574

Closing.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!