Panama
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 07:55 PM
    Liked 2,230 Times in 1,348 Posts

Default Boehner cuts and runs

well ain't that something!...the gap just widened

Press conference at 1 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/at-co...oc_trk=ma&nf=1
    Last edited by Daisy Hill; 09.26.15 at 08:11 AM.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 09:08 PM
    Liked 531 Times in 278 Posts

"Yesterday John Boehner was Speaker of the House," Sen. Ted Cruz said at the Values Voter summit Friday. "Y'all come to town and somehow that changes. My only request is can you come more often?"

Cruz is a classless asshole.

3. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:49 PM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Maybe he'll be picked to run as Joe Biden's Vice President.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

5. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:58 PM
    Liked 11,728 Times in 6,498 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    "Yesterday John Boehner was Speaker of the House," Sen. Ted Cruz said at the Values Voter summit Friday. "Y'all come to town and somehow that changes. My only request is can you come more often?"

Cruz is a classless asshole.
    I'm sorry, the classless asshole is John Boehner.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Default John Boehner, House Speaker, Will Resign From Congress

The only people who will miss this POS are his establishment cronies on both sides.

WASHINGTON — Speaker John A. Boehner, under intense pressure from conservatives in his party, announced on Friday that he would resign one of the most powerful positions in government and give up his House seat at the end of October, as Congress moved to avert a government shutdown.

Mr. Boehner, who was first elected to Congress in 1990, made the announcement in an emotional meeting with his fellow Republicans on Friday morning.

“My first job as speaker is to protect the institution,” Mr. Boehner said at a news conference at the Capitol, adding, “It’s become clear to me that this prolonged leadership turmoil would do irreparable harm to the institution.”

Looking poised and sounding rehearsed, Mr. Boehner, who stunned the capital with his news, became emotional as he recalled a moment alone with Pope Francis, who had been his guest the day before at the Capitol and who had asked the speaker to pray for him.

Reflecting on his decision, he said, “This morning, I woke up, said my prayers, as I always do, and decided, you know, ‘Today’s the day I am going to do this.’ ”

He added, “I never thought I’d be in Congress, let alone be speaker.”

Mr. Boehner, 65, from Ohio, had struggled from almost the moment he took the speaker’s gavel in 2011 to manage the challenges of divided government and to hold together his fractious and increasingly conservative Republican members.

Most recently, he was trying to craft a solution to keep the government open through the rest of the year, but was under pressure from a growing base of conservatives who told him that they would not vote for a bill that did not defund Planned Parenthood.

Mr. Boehner’s announcement lessened the chance of a government shutdown next week, because Republican leaders will push for a short-term funding measure to keep the government operating and the speaker will no longer be deterred by those who threatened his job.

It will be up to a majority of the members of the House now to choose a new leader, and the leading candidate is Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, the majority leader, who is viewed more favorably by the House’s more conservative members. The preferred candidate among many Republicans, Representative Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, has said he does not want the job.

“John Boehner has been a great leader of the Republican Party and the House of Representatives,” Mr. Ryan said Friday in a statement. “This was an act of pure selflessness. John’s decades of service have helped move our country forward, and I deeply value his friendship. We will miss John, and I am confident our conference will elect leaders who are capable of meeting the challenges our nation faces. I wish John and his family well as he begins the next phase of his life.”

Representative Charlie Dent, Republican of Pennsylvania, said: “The next speaker is going to have a very tough job. The fundamental dynamics don’t change.”

Mr. Dent said there had been “a lot of sadness in the room” when Mr. Boehner made his announcement to colleagues, and he blamed the House’s hard-right members, who he said were unwilling to govern. “It’s clear to me that the rejectionist members of our conference clearly had an influence on his decision,” Mr. Dent said. “That’s why I’m not happy about what happened today. We still have important issues to deal with, and this will not be easier for the next guy.”

“The dynamics are this,” he continued. “There are anywhere from two to four dozen members who don’t have an affirmative sense of governance. They can’t get to yes. They just can’t get to yes, and so they undermine the ability of the speaker to lead. And not only do they undermine the ability of the speaker to lead, but they undermine the entire Republican conference and also help to weaken the institution of Congress itself. That’s the reality.

“Now, if we have a new speaker, is there going to be an epiphany? They won’t be happy if it’s Paul Ryan or Kevin McCarthy, who will have to make accommodations with a Democratic president and the Senate constituted the way it is.”

President Obama said that Mr. Boehner’s resignation had taken him by surprise, and he praised the speaker as a “good man” and a “patriot” who cared deeply about the House of Representatives.

“We have obviously had a lot of disagreements, and politically we are at the opposite end of the spectrum,” Mr. Obama said. But, he added, Mr. Boehner “has always conducted himself with civility and courtesy with me.”

And, the president said, Mr. Boehner is “somebody who understands that in government, governance, you don’t always get 100 percent of what you want.”

The president declined to speculate about Mr. Boehner’s replacement, but he warned that the next speaker should not be someone willing to shut the government down if policy demands were not met.

“You don’t invite a potential financial crisis,” Mr. Obama said. “You build roads, pass transportation bills. You do the basic work of governance. There’s no weakness in that. That’s what government is in our democracy.”

Mr. Obama promised to “reach out immediately” to whoever is the next speaker, and he said that he would continue to work with Mr. Boehner during the month before he leaves the House.

“Hopefully he feels like getting as much stuff done as he possibly can,” Mr. Obama said.

Representative Nancy Pelosi, Democrat of California and the previous speaker of the House, learned about Mr. Boehner’s resignation when she read a breaking news alert on a staff member’s phone. “God knows what’s next over there,” she told staff members. “Coming from earthquake country, this is a big one.”

Ms. Pelosi, who had been negotiating privately on a plan to keep the government open, told reporters that Mr. Boehner’s resignation was “a stark indication of the disarray of House Republicans.”

The announcement came just a day after Pope Francis visited the Capitol, fulfilling a 20-year dream for Mr. Boehner, the son of a tavern owner from a large Catholic family, of having a pontiff address Congress. He had a private audience with Francis before the pope spoke to a joint meeting of Congress.

Mr. Boehner wept openly as the pope addressed an audience gathered on the West Lawn of the Capitol on Thursday. He no doubt understood that it was his last grand ceremony as speaker and, indeed, a capstone to his long political career, which began in the Ohio Statehouse.
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 09.25.15 at 11:21 AM.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Ted Cruz Slams Outgoing John Boehner Over ‘Early Reports’ That He ‘Cut a Deal’ With Nancy Pelosi Before Resigning

WASHINGTON — Hours after House Speaker John Boehner announced that he would be resigning from Congress, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz added fuel to the fire by saying he’d heard “early reports” that Boehner cut a deal with Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi to continue funding some of President Barack Obama’s most controversial measures.

“I will say, the early reports are discouraging. If it is correct that the speaker, before he resigns, has cut a deal with Nancy Pelosi to fund the Obama administration for the rest of its tenure, to fund Obamacare, to fund executive amnesty, to fund Planned Parenthood, to fund implementation of this Iran deal — and then, presumably, to land in a cushy K Street job after joining with the Democrats to implement all of President Obama’s priorities, that is not the behavior one would expect of a Republican speaker of the House,” Cruz told reporters at the conservative Values Voter Summit in Washington.

The unconfirmed report came from conservative news site Breitbart. The speaker’s office did not immediately respond to an inquiry from TheBlaze about Cruz’s charge.

Addressing activists at the summit gathering, the Republican presidential candidate told the crowd that they scare the Washington establishment.

“You want to know how much each of you terrifies Washington? Yesterday, John Boehner was speaker of the House,” Cruz said. “You come to town and somehow that changes. My only request is, can you come more often?”

The comment prompted huge applause from the conservative audience.

Also during his speech, Cruz vowed that if elected president, Iran would not be allowed to acquire nuclear weapons — and threatened that “we may have to introduce” Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei ”to the 72 virgins.”

“If you vote for Hillary, you are voting for Iran to acquire a nuclear weapon,” Cruz said. “If you vote for me, under no circumstances will a theocratic country led by an ayatollah that chats death to America, will Iran be allowed to acquire nuclear weapons. And if the ayatollah doesn’t understand that, we may have to introduce him to the 72 virgins.”

Cruz laid out an ambitious agenda for his first day in office that included “ripping to shreds” the Iranian nuclear deal negotiated by the Obama administration, along with Britain, France, Germany, Russia and China. The deal with Iran allows continued uranium enrichment but not for weapons. Several polls have show that a majority the public makes the country less safe.

“Do you know which campaign raised the most hard money? We did,” Cruz told the audience.

Cruz has seen his polling improve since the first two GOP presidential debates, though he is still well behind the top tier candidates such as Donald Trump, Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina. Cruz has won the 2013 and 2014 Values Voter Summit straw poll.

Cruz had several one-liners during his address. Referring to Hillary Clinton’s private email server, under investigation by the FBI, Cruz said “maybe we’ll se the first Democratic presidential debate in Leavenworth.”

Of Friday’s meeting between Obama and Chinese President Xi Jinping, Cruz said, “Millions of reporters are reporting today on the meeting between the world’s most powerful communist and the president of China.”

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Push comes to shove
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 03:43 PM
    Liked 1,106 Times in 675 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    I'm sorry, the classless asshole is John Boehner.
    Yep
    PISS on HIM
    FHITA
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

“A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.”

10. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:32 PM
    Liked 44 Times in 27 Posts

No more "go along to get along."

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 11:59 PM
    Liked 1,326 Times in 796 Posts

I choose Louie Gohmert for Speaker of the House. At least he doesn't have a drinking problem.

~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

13. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Eruption
    Last Online

10.26.17 @ 05:29 PM
    Liked 172 Times in 106 Posts

Good riddance. Now if Mitch McConnell, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid would just do the same.

15. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    I choose Louie Gohmert for Speaker of the House. At least he doesn't have a drinking problem.

Gohmert would be a fine choice. I would love to see one the reps he tried to destroy because they dared challenge him get it.

Oh, since this is a VH site I'd like to tell Mitch McConnell

GET READY!
    Last edited by bklynboy68; 09.26.15 at 06:01 AM.

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:57 PM
    Liked 7,612 Times in 3,991 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post

Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave over this pic!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:53 PM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

John Boehner uses a tanning booth...

That's all you need to know about a man.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

19. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 11:20 PM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by japeape View Post
    Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave over this pic!
    Why? Is it because of that wireless receiver, pager device thingy in his blazer pocket, or is it that silly looking flame image on that poster?

HH<-----Not seeing the relationship of the S. Jobs comment. ---------------------------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:57 PM
    Liked 7,612 Times in 3,991 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen View Post
    Why? Is it because of that wireless receiver, pager device thingy in his blazer pocket, or is it that silly looking flame image on that poster?

HH<-----Not seeing the relationship of the S. Jobs comment. ---------------------------
    I just meant that apple is more in line with Liberal & progressive thinking, gay rights, etc.
    that it seems odd to see an open Macbook air surrounded by a "Tea Party Patriots" theme.

Just struck me as funny.