Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:04 AM
    Liked 1,035 Times in 506 Posts

Default Papal Visit to US

We are obviously very excited here in Philadelphia about the large public gathering with the Pope on Saturday and Sunday for the World Meeting of Families but I think the big media headlines are sure to be made with his reception at the White House and also his address to Congress.

I will start with the White House reception where Obama seems to be assembling the super team of activists who are in opposition to the Church’s teaching. Why would The President do this other than to put the Pope in a compromising position? Nice.

Vatican Disputes White House Guest List for Papal Visit

http://www.wsj.com/articles/vatican-...sit-1442533549
    "...it's steak and whiskey time in America." - bklynboy68

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:43 PM
    Liked 6,706 Times in 3,725 Posts

both parties aren't gonna like what he has to say.

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:50 PM
    Liked 1,329 Times in 799 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlindtotheWorld View Post
    We are obviously very excited here in Philadelphia about the large public gathering with the Pope on Saturday and Sunday for the World Meeting of Families.
    So, do you think that Marky Mark aka Mark Wahlberg, the MC for the World Meeting of Families entertainment event, should be given the full and unconditional pardon that he is petitioning for?

~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:04 AM
    Liked 1,035 Times in 506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    So, do you think that Marky Mark aka Mark Wahlberg, the MC for the World Meeting of Families entertainment event, should be given the full and unconditional pardon that he is petitioning for?
    I have no opinion on it.
    "...it's steak and whiskey time in America." - bklynboy68

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:52 AM
    Liked 433 Times in 167 Posts

Donor

I love the Pope coming to DC... I get to telework the next 3 days.
    Rock the Red!!!

"Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

I think it's cool, and hopefully he will not be assassinated as Susan Sarandon has said.

but this guy is unimpressed

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...p_ref=politics

Man Who's Protested Vatican Embassy Since 1998 Is Unmoved By Papal Visit
    John Wojnowski doesn't care if the Holy See.

Arthur Delaney

WASHINGTON -- John Wojnowski has been protesting sexual abuse by Catholic priests outside the Vatican embassy every day for the past 17 years -- undaunted by rain, snow or a slate of health problems.

The Huffington Post asked Wojnowski Monday if he hopes Pope Francis sees his sign when the pontiff visits the embassy on Tuesday.

"I don't care," he said, confident his message is getting across regardless of whether the pope sees it. "At the embassy, they know."

Wojnowksi, 72, says an Italian priest molested him when he was 15. Since 1998, he has held up signs outside the building proclaiming " CATHOLICS COWARDS" or "VATICAN HIDES PEDOPHILES" or "MY LIFE WAS RUINED BY A CATHOLIC PEDOPHILE PRIEST. "

"It's a very terrible crime with lifetime damage," Wojnowski said of the sexual abuse. "Many people [who are victims] become alcoholics, drug addicts, many people commit suicide."

As for Pope Francis, Wojnowski had kind words.

"He seems to be much better than the previous one,"
    Last edited by Daisy Hill; 09.22.15 at 05:08 PM.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:41 PM
    Liked 11,785 Times in 6,531 Posts

Premium Member

I am not a fan of this pope. His silence on the Planned Parenthood scandal is deafening. He has a chance to rectify that with his speech to the congress. Not meeting with Cuban dissidents was a shocking mistake. Pope John Paul II went to Poland while it was still under Communist rule and said to them "Be not Afraid". Some of those people in Cuban prisons are in there because of their faith. He should have been there.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:29 PM
    Liked 1,961 Times in 984 Posts

I personally don't care too much what the pope does or says. I'm not Catholic, he has the same authority as some guy who owns a dry cleaners in Croatia to me. Which means precisely none.

9. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    I am not a fan of this pope. His silence on the Planned Parenthood scandal is deafening. He has a chance to rectify that with his speech to the congress. Not meeting with Cuban dissidents was a shocking mistake. Pope John Paul II went to Poland while it was still under Communist rule and said to them "Be not Afraid". Some of those people in Cuban prisons are in there because of their faith. He should have been there.
    So he's not political enough for you?

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

Sphincter says what?
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    So he's not political enough for you?
    Those things I pointed out move beyond politics. The sanctity of life is in his wheelhouse and the apostles were also jailed and executed for their belief in Christ. I believe the pontiff dropped the ball on both of these. Taking advice on global warming from a radical atheist environmentalist was another one that I didn't get. Don't get me wrong, God commands us to be good stewards of the earth but I find the move bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by PCh5150 View Post
    I personally don't care too much what the pope does or says. I'm not Catholic, he has the same authority as some guy who owns a dry cleaners in Croatia to me. Which means precisely none.
    That's awesome, thanks. Now go start an anti pope thread so you can shit on it.
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

I've seen a lot of criticism from the political right in America, many of who claim to be Catholic. It's very concerning. This Pope has focused his work on the poor and this seems to have him painted as a leftist and anti capitalist. And he kind of is, just like that Jesus dude. He has little in common with both political parties so his speech will be an interesting one.

14. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by It's Mike View Post
    I've seen a lot of criticism from the political right in America, many of who claim to be Catholic. It's very concerning. This Pope has focused his work on the poor and this seems to have him painted as a leftist and anti capitalist. And he kind of is, just like that Jesus dude. He has little in common with both political parties so his speech will be an interesting one.
    Eh, I'm not going to say he's "just like that Jesus dude". While the right has criticized him, the left has tried to paint him as Che Guevara. If the man fails to address the Planned Parenthood scandal while here then he has failed at his job and just go home. He also should address religious liberty too since the Obama administration is still going after the little sisters of the poor.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Eh, I'm not going to say he's "just like that Jesus dude". While the right has criticized him, the left has tried to paint him as Che Guevara. If the man fails to address the Planned Parenthood scandal while here then he has failed at his job and just go home. He also should address religious liberty too since the Obama administration is still going after the little sisters of the poor.
    I think the American political left are on crack if they think he agrees with their philosophy.

I don't know what you expect him to say about the planned parenthood thing. His position will match that of every catholic in the world. Declaring he's against abortion and the selling of baby body parts is kind of just assumed, is it not?