Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 28 123411 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 283 Times in 151 Posts

Default Will Wolf ever tell dad to finish the VH legacy w/ Mike?

After the Charlotte show and how the bands been playing ive been pondering. The rest of the current VH doesn't have THAT much time left and clearly Wolfgang understands the legacy to a certain degree (ADKOT, recent setlists etc). So what I'm wondering is if he'd ever mention to EVH that he was going to step down for now and that they should play with MA for the sake of the fans.

Would he ever give up that VH gig for the sake of the fans? And given it was coming from his son, what the hell would EVH say?

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

vh 2
    Last Online

01.21.17 @ 04:23 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts

Part of me doesn't care anymore. Love MA and would love to see the Classic VH Lineup, but this band we all love, never and I mean NEVER makes it easy. I'm not holding my breath on that one. That said, it would sell Tix and make a lot of $$$$ for all involved. Never discount the power of the almighty dollar....
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulsitive View Post
    After the Charlotte show and how the bands been playing ive been pondering. The rest of the current VH doesn't have THAT much time left and clearly Wolfgang understands the legacy to a certain degree (ADKOT, recent setlists etc). So what I'm wondering is if he'd ever mention to EVH that he was going to step down for now and that they should play with MA for the sake of the fans.

Would he ever give up that VH gig for the sake of the fans? And given it was coming from his son, what the hell would EVH say?

4. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:53 AM
    Liked 11,728 Times in 6,498 Posts

Premium Member

I don't think Ed wants to teach Mike how to play all over again.

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

A few of Daves, a few of Sams!
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:49 AM
    Liked 6,969 Times in 5,005 Posts

Premium Member

Think of it this way:

Wolf's only going to improve, while Mike's only going to decline. That's not a diss against MA - several have said his high singing isn't what it used to be. Much like Dave & even Sammy.
    I don't think Wolf is giving up his VH slot...
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Van Halen was never about the singer..." - a very wise fan.
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:02 AM
    Liked 4,792 Times in 2,444 Posts

Premium Member

I can see myself at 25 going up to my dad and saying "hey you know that old friend of yours that you hate? You should really patch things up even though you think he was in the wrong."

Probably would get a boot in my ass

8. The Following 3 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Best of Both Worlds
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 12:23 AM
    Liked 7,837 Times in 4,573 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by RRvh1 View Post
    Think of it this way:

Wolf's only going to improve, while Mike's only going to decline.
    No offense but that's absurd. I guess Ed on this tour, is in decline as well.

Wine gets better with age

If what you say is true...then Wolf better jump ship, so as to not be dragged down by the "decline" of his dad and uncle. :-)

10. The Following 7 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    No offense but that's absurd. I guess Ed on this tour, is in decline as well.

Wine gets better with age

If what you say is true...then Wolf better jump ship, so as to not be dragged down by the "decline" of his dad and uncle. :-)
    Ummm, No.
    Several people have commented on how much Wolf has improved, as well as how incredibly flawless Eddie & Alex are playing.

Mike, Dave & even Sammy have been commented on as having their vocal chops being not quite as top notch, as yesteryear...

BTW, do you think Roth is getting better with age?
    "There's too many people on this basketball that's floating around the sun, who are too afraid to allow themselves to FEEL" - Edward Van Halen
    "Embrace the past. Live in the moment but keep your eyes on the future, and keep on moving forward..." - Richie Sambora

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    I can see myself at 25 going up to my dad and saying "hey you know that old friend of yours that you hate? You should really patch things up even though you think he was in the wrong."

Probably would get a boot in my ass
    Yeah, but this is different. These guys are a huge band. They focus 99.999% on songs written before Wolf was born. Michael Anthony played on those songs. When Wolf sits with dad in 5150 and learns the basslines and backup harmonies, he's learning what Mike laid down.

I'm just saying, I think he understands the legacy of what he's a part of. The setlist choices can tell you that. So, in that I would think he'd know how important the original lineup is to us. From what I'm hearing Wolf IS the controlling hand of the band right now. Plus he's like a linebacker so Ed would be wise not to boot him in the ass.

Last Online

02.10.17 @ 03:20 AM
    Liked 332 Times in 182 Posts

play with MA for the sake of the fans.
    for the sake of the fans, no. if they genuinely mean it then yes.

however I am in the 'not that bothered' camp now. Mike had a good innings with VH and there are plenty of his high harmonies on wax for the fans

14. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Ummm, No.
    Several people have commented on how much Wolf has improved, as well as how incredibly flawless Eddie & Alex are playing.

Mike, Dave & even Sammy have been commented on as having their vocal chops being not quite as top notch, as yesteryear...
    Ummm ok.

Mike's bass playing in decline and Ed/Al not.

Gotcha.

16. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaboChris View Post
    Ummm ok.

Mike's bass playing in decline and Ed/Al not.

Gotcha.
    K, now you're bordering on being a dick. No offence. You only quoted one part of my original post, while leaving out the explanation I gave about Mike.

I never mentioned Mike's bass playing... It's been pointed out that his high pitched vocals are not quite as superhuman anymore, same as Dave & Sam. Wolf's doing fine and all is good in VH land - for now.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

K, now you're bordering on being a dick. No offence. You only quoted one part of my original post, while leaving out the explanation I gave about Mike.

I never mentioned Mike's bass playing... It's been pointed out that his high pitched vocals are not quite as superhuman anymore, same as Dave & Sam. Wolf's doing fine and all is good in VH land - for now.
    I'm not being a "dick" at all.

You're slamming Mike's vocal ability now days, by saying it's in decline. Of course it's not going to be the same...the guy's getting old but it's pretty much intact. You have ears...go listen.

Although a major component of the CVH sound...that's not all he brings to the table though, is it?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

I don't really see him as in decline. I mean, one YouTube video where he had a flat night doesn't mean much. I saw him and Sam back in May and he sang same as always. And in top of that he's still got the attitude and fun stage presence that unfortunately Wolf doesn't have.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 05:11 AM
    Liked 648 Times in 358 Posts

I'd guess that Mike's vocal abilities haven't declined as much as Dave's have.

Favorite VH Album

VH, 1984, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Premium Member

I don't really see him as in decline. I mean, one YouTube video where he had a flat night doesn't mean much. I saw him and Sam back in May and he sang same as always. And in top of that he's still got the attitude and fun stage presence that unfortunately Wolf doesn't have.

Agreed, about Wolf's stage appearance. I wish he'd be a bit more animated up there too, but apparently that's not his thing - he's playing his parts well, and has really done a good job on becoming a solid background singer.

In my original post, I specifically said "Not to diss MA..." etc. , but that got glossed over...Twice!

Then I made the remark that Dave and Sammy are also not quite their former selves either, although Sammy is closer IMO.
    There are countless posts about Dave's vocals these days, as well as those about the 3 VH's playing better than ever. No decline there - improvements, actually!